Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    Do you think in a round about way that Maine was trying to bundle both Nanne's into the Maine Hockey Program,as Tyler was at Maine for the Vermont Weekend games awhile back...wouldn't be surprise to see Tyler still with some interest for Maine...as it looks like they both are looking to get away from the shadow of their Grandfather and the State of Minnesota Hockey.
    I think it's much simpler than that. Either he was attracted to RPI for personal reasons and/or, RPI was giving him more than Maine could provide.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
      I think it's much simpler than that. Either he was attracted to RPI for personal reasons and/or, RPI was giving him more than Maine could provide.
      I don't think Lou Nanne was being recruited by Maine at the present time...his younger brother Tyler was in...from my understanding...he was brought in for a look see,while there was never a visit by his older brother...just speculated that if one Nanne was on board that "MAYBE" there was a chance to get both to come to Maine.

Comment

Cam Spicer ('96) from the NH Jr. Monarchs committed to Maine.

Staff ‏@NHJRMONARCHS 9m
        The Jr. Monarchs @EasternHockey league team is thrilled to announce the commitment of Cam Spicer to the University of Maine. Congrats Spice!
        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
          Do you think in a round about way that Maine was trying to bundle both Nanne's into the Maine Hockey Program,as Tyler was at Maine for the Vermont Weekend games awhile back...wouldn't be surprise to see Tyler still with some interest for Maine...as it looks like they both are looking to get away from the shadow of their Grandfather and the State of Minnesota Hockey.
          He tweeted this:
          Excited to become my own 'Louie'. I've spent 18 years being 'Lou Nanne's grandson' and now I am becoming my own person! #RPI

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
            He tweeted this:
            Excited to become my own 'Louie'. I've spent 18 years being 'Lou Nanne's grandson' and now I am becoming my own person! #RPI
            Well that's good for him...now I wonder what the chances of his younger brother coming to Maine or looking else where's...still time for him to decide.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
              Could this be related to Tyler Nanne? Maybe he told Maine he was going elsewhere so Maine offered Spicer. No idea if Spicer is any good or not.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                The Jr. Monarch connection continues.

Comment

looks like spicer is a Righty! swapped out bjorkung for spicer. lefty for righty. solid roster management.

Comment

No one mentioned this the last two weeks, but Liam Pecararo signed his LOI with Maine. Big relief that Red was able to convince him to stay signed on. He's having a solid season with Waterloo putting up 6g-12a-18pts in only 17 games as a 17 year old.

Comment

Stats updated. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...rive_web#gid=0

I am working on getting in touch with Spicer
                      USCHO.com's MASCAC and ECAC-Northeast Columnist

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsmaniac View Post
                        Stats updated. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...rive_web#gid=0

I am working on getting in touch with Spicer
                        In messageboard news: the now banned MaineJeff got the twitter scoop on another new Maine recruit, Mitchell Fossier, an undersized winger from down south. Plays for the Thunder AAA team.

Comment

Originally posted by umainesuperfan View Post
                          In messageboard news: the now banned MaineJeff got the twitter scoop on another new Maine recruit, Mitchell Fossier, an undersized winger from down south. Plays for the Thunder AAA team.
                          This is what US Hockey Report had to say about Fossier in April 2013: "Mitchell Fossier, F, ’96 (TPH Thunder) — Is a 12/21/96 birthdate and would likely have more of a buzz around his name if he were a ’97. The Alpharetta, Georgia native is not an explosive skater, but he is really smart, makes a lot of plays, and has really good hands. Could be a late bloomer."

Comment

• Originally posted by dwollstadt View Post
                            This is what US Hockey Report had to say about Fossier in April 2013: "Mitchell Fossier, F, ’96 (TPH Thunder) — Is a 12/21/96 birthdate and would likely have more of a buzz around his name if he were a ’97. The Alpharetta, Georgia native is not an explosive skater, but he is really smart, makes a lot of plays, and has really good hands. Could be a late bloomer."
                            We also got another kid, Pat Shea from Marshfield. It doesn't sound like he has the most impressive numbers. He probably won't turn up for a few years.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Mitch has the potential to be a high end scorer. Draft pick of the Cedar Rapids Roughriders and affiliated. Loved his game in the June and July camp. He needs to add some to his frame but I would say he will be in the USHL next year for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                                We also got another kid, Pat Shea from Marshfield. It doesn't sound like he has the most impressive numbers. He probably won't turn up for a few years.
                                As a sophomore, Shea played on Marshfield's top line and was 8-20-28--No. 2 in goals, No. 1 in assists, tied for No. 1 in points. Numbers aren't very high because the team doesn't play that many games. As a freshman, he was 2-14-16--third in assists, 5th in total points.

Comment

Working...
                                X