Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Did Jankus play at D much for Maine? I know he could but only remember him up front. We could use a few guys like him now. I could be wrong, but didn't he score the opener in that wonderful NCAA semifinal against BC in 2004?
    i only remember him as a forward as well... and yes, he did have the opener vs. bc

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsmaniac View Post
      Thanks that's he said to me last night.

------

I haven't seen him play but a Mr. Hockey Finalist in Minnesota and the NHL radar, that's good. Is he an impact freshman, probably not. I think just like Will Merchant it will take a year or two before they make an impact at DI level.
      I pulled this from USHR. I watch alot of the high school stuff and for the most part I think ushr.com is the most reliable in terms of player evaluations... They wrote about Glienke a couple times this year---most recently in February and ranked him as one of the top rated uncommitted players:

13. Zach Glienke, F, ’95 (Eagan-Minnesota HS) 6-3/200 — The Eagan captain is incredibly raw, but he has the tools to be a pro. Can really skate for a big man. Has posted a 23-26-49 scoring line in only 21 games played this season. Was recently ranked #115 on NHL Central Scouting’s mid-season Rankings.[/I]

Zach Glienke, F, 12/2/94 (Eagan) 6-3/190 — Big, powerful skater who is undoubtedly a pro prospect. It is not often you see someone this size skate so fluidly. Is very raw right now, but could develop into a big-time power forward. Last season at Eagan he put up a 27-15-42 scoring line in 31 games played. Will be watched closely by NHL scouts this season. Uncommitted.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        Did Jankus play at D much for Maine? I know he could but only remember him up front. We could use a few guys like him now. I could be wrong, but didn't he score the opener in that wonderful NCAA semifinal against BC in 2004?
        I was always impressed with that Jankus. Real personable kid. One night after I witnessed Prestin throw a nutty I asked him what is going through that guy's mind. He said to me... I don't know, and nobody does, he is from the prairie and you just don't mess with guys from the prairie. They are crazy.

Travis Wight in my mind was one of the most effortless skater back on D, outstanding command of his lateral positioning. Just a gem to watch his lateral movement and it could go so effortless the average person wouldn't know it was outstanding.

Comment

Sportsmaniac - Any plans to touch base with current commits to get their reactions to the hiring, find out if they have been contacted by Red, etc?

Comment

Sorry for not getting back to you, if any recruits get drafted on Sunday I will certainly ask them.

Liam Pecararo is at the National Select 17 Festival which started today. The Ivan Hlinka Team (U-18) will be picked from this camp which Bob Corkum will be the head coach.
            USCHO.com's MASCAC and ECAC-Northeast Columnist

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

Andrew Tegeler who has been on UMass Amherst's roster the last past two seasons has committed to Maine. He left UMass in the middle of the year last year to join the Vernon Vipers (BCHL) where he had six goals and 15 assists in 28 games. The 20 year old has one goal in six games in two years with the Minutemen.

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

Andrew Tegeler who has been on UMass Amherst's roster the last past two seasons has committed to Maine. He left UMass in the middle of the year last year to join the Vernon Vipers (BCHL) where he had six goals and 15 assists in 28 games. The 20 year old has one goal in six games in two years with the Minutemen.
                eligible after first semester given the midseason departure from umass?

Comment

Sounds like it...Talked to him this afternoon he's trying to get a waiver to play at the beginning of this year

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

Where did former Maine Recruit Sam Wolfe end up in the College Hockey scene(released because of shop lifting charges this winter.)

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                      Where did former Maine Recruit Sam Wolfe end up in the College Hockey scene(released because of shop lifting charges this winter.)
                      don't know of any new college commit but he did play last year for Bismark in the NAHL.
                      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                        don't know of any new college commit but he did play last year for Bismark in the NAHL.
                        Yes I knew he was there and then after the shop-lifting fiasco he got traded...from there he was released by Maine & Whitehead,he did call and inform Maine & Whitehead of his young & dumb act...figured someone would give him a 2nd chance...hopefully he learned...the hard way but hopefully this is a wakeup call for him(imo).

Comment

Gendron recruits familiar face for Black Bears
                          By Nathan Fournier Published: 30th June 2013

LEWISTON – Andrew Tegeler is Red Gendron’s first recruit as the new head coach of the University of Maine, but it’s not the first time he’s recruited Tegeler.

Gendron recruited the Sewell, N.J. native when he was an assistant coach at the University of Massachusetts-Amherst.
                          LINK>>>

Blaine Byron gt drafted by Pittsburgh last night in the sixth round. That story should be up tonight. I might not post it here tonight as I am on vacation right now.

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

Maine recruit drafted by Penguins
                            By Nathan Fournier Published: 1st July 2013

LEWISTON – Blaine Byron waited anxiously to hear his name at the NHL Entry Draft in Newark, N.J. on Sunday.

Byron, an incoming freshman forward for the University of Maine men’s ice hockey team, finally heard his named called in the sixth round with the 179th overall pick when he was selected by Pittsburgh Penguins.
                            LINK>>>

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

Tyler Gjurich will be at Buffalo Sabres rookie camp next week

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

Tyler Gjurich will be at Buffalo Sabres rookie camp next week
                                I thought teams had to have a players rights in order to invite them to camp. Also, the Sabres haven't released their camp roster yet. The only source I found to support this is Tyler's twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X