Lowell/Northeastern (H&H), 1/25 & 1/26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell/Northeastern (H&H), 1/25 & 1/26

Lowell looks to reach double figures with their win streak this weekend, and break their record for most wins in a row in D1 (currently tied at 9 games).

I was trying to figure out why this series scares me, and part of it is the way Lowell started the season. Another part is Rawlings (if he plays).

Over his career against Lowell, he's 5-5-0 (but has lost the last three). His numbers though haven't been bad (92.5%, 2.36 GAA). Only in three games against Lowell over his career has he allowed 3 or more (3 once, 4 once and 6 in OT once).

NU is currently 8th in HE, 5 points behind 6th place Lowell (which has a game in hand).

Looking through the stats for NU, I found one that really stood out to me. Northeastern (in HE play only) has scored 19 goals in the first period alone. But they've only scored 4 in the second and 9 in the third. I don't remember a discrepancy like that before. As a comparison, Lowell is 10-16-13.

Both teams allow more goals as the game goes on, with Lowell allowing 10-12-16 per period and NU 15-17-19.

From the Lowell perspective, it seemed as the first semester ended the student crowd diminished quickly with the results, matching the results. Hopefully they come back in force on Saturday night.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Re: Lowell/Northeastern (H&H), 1/25 & 1/26

Lowell sweeps.. as it should.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
      Lowell sweeps.. as it should.
      I'd like to think that... No such thing as an easy fight
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Rawlings may show up for one of the games. He does not play back to back games well, consistently. If Rawlings shows up NU has a chance to win one of the games, if not, its a Lowell sweep.
        Dog House Class of 2003

"Puh Pah Playoffs!...You talk about playoffs?... You kiddin' me? Playoffs?"

55-622-73-35-418, I'm on FIRE!

Comment

Problem with the Huskies and why playing them is scary is you never know which team will show up. Will it be the team that scored 11 goals against BU and Harvard or the team that gave up 15 goals against BC and Bentley? It's amazing how they can be so good one night and so bad the next. I hope I'm wrong but NU sure is due for a home victory. They haven't won one in 5 trys since Nov 11 when they beat lowly Alabama Huntsville.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
            Problem with the Huskies and why playing them is scary is you never know which team will show up. Will it be the team that scored 11 goals against BU and Harvard or the team that gave up 15 goals against BC and Bentley? It's amazing how they can be so good one night and so bad the next. I hope I'm wrong but NU sure is due for a home victory. They haven't won one in 5 trys since Nov 11 when they beat lowly Alabama Huntsville.
            You're mistaken. The same Huskies show up every night. It depends on Lowell showing up to decide how these games will fare. Harvard was depleted by manpower loss and still adjusting to it. BU played down to the Huskies level and paid for it. (I saw the BU team that played back to back against BC in Dec., and the BU team that played vs NU wasn't the same team.) BC and Bentley showed up. They won.

Comment

Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
              You're mistaken. The same Huskies show up every night. It depends on Lowell showing up to decide how these games will fare. Harvard was depleted by manpower loss and still adjusting to it. BU played down to the Huskies level and paid for it. (I saw the BU team that played back to back against BC in Dec., and the BU team that played vs NU wasn't the same team.) BC and Bentley showed up. They won.
              This is too funny!

Comment

Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
                So the Huskies are the same team every night but their opponents are inconsistent? Uhhh sorry "Mr. You're Mistaken", but a team that gets their arse kicked by Bentley and beats BU in the same 3 game stretch needs counseling for a split personality.

Comment

So the Huskies are the same team every night but their opponents are inconsistent? Uhhh sorry "Mr. You're Mistaken", but a team that gets their arse kicked by Bentley and beats BU in the same 3 game stretch needs counseling for a split personality.
                  Wow. What makes you so sure that the Huskies are the inconsistent team and not the Terriers? Serious question.

Comment

I'm pretty sure "Mr. you're mistaken" is mistaken.

Comment

Respect your saying so....but 'splain to me why?

Comment

For NU fans, I see Roy has been pretty much as expected. How about the other freshmen? I saw Saucerman had started the season well, points-wise, has he been playing well? Always curious about an ex-Lowell commit.
                        Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Listened to Norm on Sirius.. Lowell fans (any coll hockey fans actually)enjoy..

http://www.xmhomeice.com/onair_audio...rm%20Bazin.mp3
                          GO NU HOCKEY
                          Always bullish on the future.
                          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Thank you very much.
                            Monty

Comment

Good interview. Thanks for posting it.
                              Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                              Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                              "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                              KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Working...
                              X