New Conference Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Conference Idea

Why don't we take the #8 team from the WCHA, #7, #10 & #11 from the CCHA, add an expansion team and one major marquee team from the WCHA and form a new conference. It should give those schools an easier route to the NCAA tourney.

What??? You mean they've already done that????
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Re: New Conference Idea

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    Why don't we take the #8 team from the WCHA, #7, #10 & #11 from the CCHA, add an expansion team and one major marquee team from the WCHA and form a new conference. It should give those schools an easier route to the NCAA tourney.

Not only that but they did it for TV, and no one watches hockey on TV.

Direct all questions for an explanation here: http://www.uwathletics.com/phone/
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      Direct all questions for an explanation here: http://www.uwathletics.com/phone/
      The conversation will go something like this:

If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Not only that but they did it for TV, and no one watches hockey on TV.
        If this is true, why are there so many college hockey games on TV now, an unprecedented number, and more coming?

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
          If this is true, why are there so many college hockey games on TV now, an unprecedented number, and more coming?
          Too many stations desperate for programming.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The National Scrabble Championships pull in better ratings
            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
              LOL.

Yeah, except the BIG 10 will give the sport a lot more pub (particularly if they add a couple teams, which I think is inevitable for the conference to truly survive and flourish) as will NBC and I think the ratings will improve some over the next few years.

Whatever anybody says or thinks, it's undeniable that there are more viewing options for college hockey than ever before and the situation is getting better, not worse. That's more eyes and more exposure.

The glass is half full, not half empty, in my book.

Comment

The glass is half full, not half empty, in my book.
                [Nerd Alert]
                Technically, the glass is completely full of both air and water.
                [/Nerd Alert]
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                  [Nerd Alert]
                  Technically, the glass is completely full of both air and water.
                  [/Nerd Alert]
                  O.K. you got me, Mr. Wizard. You are correct.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post

I guess those same teams could have just merged with the Atlantic Hockey Conference and had the same result. At least as far as the easier route to the tourney.

Comment

*****http://t.qkme.me/3sno0e.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                        And the fact that networks are throwing money at college hockey should be telling you just how desperate they are for programming that people actually watch live.
                        UConn -- Clarkson

Comment

I would like to know the demographics of fans who watch college hockey on T.V.. I suspect they comprise a desirable market. However, pay-per-view and subscription coverage of college hockey is unlikely to recruit more fans or further popularize college hockey, big ten not withstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Osorojo View Post
                            I would like to know the demographics of fans who watch college hockey on T.V.. I suspect they comprise a desirable market. However, pay-per-view and subscription coverage of college hockey is unlikely to recruit more fans or further popularize college hockey, big ten not withstanding.
                            You have to get people to actually cover the games before you can have that.

Comment

Originally posted by kingdobbs View Post
                              And the fact that networks are throwing money at college hockey should be telling you just how desperate they are for programming that people actually watch live.
                              Um ... that isn't happening.

Comment

Working...
                              X