Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11/1 - Here we come (start)!!

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/...muster+in+diii

Doings @ the D-III convention. It looks like 10/15 for practice and 11/1 for games...

Also adopted was Proposal No. 6, which establishes Nov. 1 as the first date of competition in ice hockey. With its adoption, the Management Council approved noncontroversial legislation to allow teams to compete on the preceding Friday if Nov. 1 falls on a Saturday or Sunday.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: 11/1 - Here we come (start)!!

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/...muster+in+diii

Doings @ the D-III convention. It looks like 10/15 for practice and 11/1 for games...
    That doesn't bode well for the NU/Dartmouth EX game, which fit where it did because of IVY/ECACHL scheduling rules. That means potentially two holes in the NU Schedule next year with Plattsburgh evidently out, and the Dartmouth seemingly gone.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

When would these changes take effect 2013-2014? November 1st falls respectively on Friday 2013; Saturday 2014 & Sunday 2015. With these changes I would think Norwich would need to move the Northfield Savings Bank X-mas tournament to the weekend between X-mas & New Years. The last two years have been on New Years or the weekend after like this year.

Comment

Originally posted by VT bragging rights View Post
        When would these changes take effect 2013-2014? November 1st falls respectively on Friday 2013; Saturday 2014 & Sunday 2015. With these changes I would think Norwich would need to move the Northfield Savings Bank X-mas tournament to the weekend between X-mas & New Years. The last two years have been on New Years or the weekend after like this year.
        Don't forget that Norwich didn't play its first actual game this year until Saturday, Nov. 3 and that was just a solo game weekend. They also played a solo game this past weekend so there are opportunities to pick up games there it's just a matter of scheduling.

I have not heard the definitive dates for the NSB Tourney for next year yet. I just know that the teams will be Amherst, MSOE and Plymouth State.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

I wonder if this means the NESCAC will start earlier
          Mark it 8, Dude

Comment

Originally posted by polarbear2 View Post
            I wonder if this means the NESCAC will start earlier
            They started before the NHL did!
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              They started before the NHL did!
              +1
              Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by VT bragging rights View Post
                Remember the other proposal that passed -- if November 1 falls on a Saturday or Sunday, you can start the season the prior Friday (10/30 or 10/31).
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

These guys have openings.
                  Larry Normandin
                  SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                  WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Working...
                  X