The Geneseo Ice Knights Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Geneseo Ice Knights Thread

Geneseo didn't have a thread, so now we do. After tonight's win over Buff State, Geneseo is in first place in the SUNYAC, having played one more game than both Oswego and Plattsburgh. They've also won 9 out of 10.

Think we can keep this thread on the first page?
    #OneKnight

Re: The Geneseo Ice Knights Thread

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
    Geneseo didn't have a thread, so now we do. After tonight's win over Buff State, Geneseo is in first place in the SUNYAC, having played one more game than both Oswego and Plattsburgh. They've also won 9 out of 10.
    Think we can keep this thread on the first page?
    If the 9 out of 10 is SUNYAC, that is wrong. They are 8-1-1 for 17 points which does put them 1 point up with a game in hand.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
      If the 9 out of 10 is SUNYAC, that is wrong. They are 8-1-1 for 17 points which does put them 1 point up with a game in hand.
      They've won 9 out of 10 overall, not just in SUNYAC play.
      #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
        If the 9 out of 10 is SUNYAC, that is wrong. .
        9 wins out of the last 10 games overall, with 6 of those wins being in conference. The only loss in this stretch coming to Adrian.
        93GreatLaker

2012-13 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
        2011-12 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
        2010-11 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
        2008-09 DIII College Hockey Pool Champion
        2008-09 SUNYAC Pick-em Champion

Comment

I watched that Adrian game, it was a toss-up, could have gone either way
          http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Genny-Adrian game was a tossup. The more I watch Adrian, the more skeptical I get. They are not the Adrian team from the FF of last year. Whole new team and not as good IMO. Genny on the other hand looks to have their best team in years. They need to puff up their OOC schedule a bit, but Coach Schultz has them playing good hockey. SUNYAC is a 3-team race for sure.

Comment

also watched the genny adrian game looked to be a close game all around,no doubt Genny will be making noise in the end

Comment

Originally posted by admiral0417 View Post
                They need to puff up their OOC schedule a bit
                I agree. Franklin Pierce x2, Salve Regina, and Canton. Just too many cream puff games for a top level program. 1 or 2 is OK, but I'd like to see us replace a couple of those games with higher level opponents.

Geneseo is definitely playing some great hockey right now. Really suffocating teams with their speed, depth, and physicality (classic Geneseo hockey). They don't have any major flaws. The only question is will they have enough firepower to beat the top level teams? In the end, for Geneseo to win the SUNYAC, it will come down to finishing chances and the top lines stepping up and getting the goals.
                Geneseo Ice Knights Color Commentator 2008 - 2009

Listen to GSU Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by admiral0417 View Post
                  Genny-Adrian game was a tossup. The more I watch Adrian, the more skeptical I get. They are not the Adrian team from the FF of last year. Whole new team and not as good IMO. Genny on the other hand looks to have their best team in years. They need to puff up their OOC schedule a bit, but Coach Schultz has them playing good hockey. SUNYAC is a 3-team race for sure.
                  I know time flies, but remember Adrian did not make the tournament last year.

Comment

The D-II schools do not figure into your what-counts-for-the-NCAA schedule. And, I'm not sure Canton counts this year either as a provisional member.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Can't wait for the rematch!

Comment

looks like they r using 2 goalies, who gets the nod sat at the campus center in Oswego IFO 2500+??...as all 3 goalies got juiced in Genny earlier in the yr

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                          looks like they r using 2 goalies, who gets the nod sat at the campus center in Oswego IFO 2500+??...as all 3 goalies got juiced in Genny earlier in the yr
                          Geneseo usually plays Oswego tough (earlier this season being a huge exception). I don't know who will start, and I'm not even predicting a win, but I think it will be a good game and closer than some people expect. I'd be way more surprised if the Ice Knights won in Plattsburgh. They never seem to play well up there.
                          #OneKnight

Comment

Geneseo usually plays Oswego tough (earlier this season being a huge exception). I don't know who will start, and I'm not even predicting a win, but I think it will be a good game and closer than some people expect. I'd be way more surprised if the Ice Knights won in Plattsburgh. They never seem to play well up there.
                            My guess is that Ruby will play if he's healthy. He's got the most big game playing experience and usually comes up big when it counts. Haude has definitely been playing well of late, though. The victory against Platty really helped his confidence after a shakey start. Horrigan, the freshman, has played well too and got pressed into service early when Ruby was out of the line-up.

I've been going to Ice Knights games for about six years now, and this is the most balanced line-up, top to bottom, I've seen. The defense is strong, as usual, but they've got more guys who can put the puck in the net and excellent speed.

BTW: Anyone notice the Dennis Playfair wears his dad's old number (27)?

Comment

im sure it will be a lot closer game maybe a goal or 2 in the end, the goaltending is the BIG thing, I was just wondering who they would go with, if it where me I'd start the senior ruby

Comment

Working...
                              X