>>>>> RIT TIGERS 2012-13: Clawing our way up the standings in the 2nd half

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• >>>>> RIT TIGERS 2012-13: Clawing our way up the standings in the 2nd half

First thread was locked. Let's start thread 2 and see if we can work our way up the standings with a big win over Army tonight.
    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2010 Frozen Four participant
    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS 2012-13: Clawing our way up the standings in the 2nd half

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
    First thread was locked. Let's start thread 2 and see if we can work our way up the standings with a big win over Army tonight.
    RIT will need to play better tonight as Army will be playing with a sense of urgency of not wanting to be swept at home. I hope RIT comes out with passion from the start as we all agree that for this RIT team, that first goal is important otherwise we will be clawing. I wonder if we will be in black again tonight, I've seen Army in five different jerseys this year and they usually don't go with the same color at home on successive nights. I have to admit the black RIT jersey was pretty cool.
    RPI Engineers
    RIT Tigers
    ARMY Black Knights

Comment

anyone know if there's a justin tv feed for tonight's game?
      RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
        RIT will need to play better tonight as Army will be playing with a sense of urgency of not wanting to be swept at home. I hope RIT comes out with passion from the start as we all agree that for this RIT team, that first goal is important otherwise we will be clawing.
        All I can say is that the Tigers will be need to be on their toes at all times -- the way it sounded last night, they would start to coast when they got 2- or 3-goal leads, and that's what led to Army making a resurgence. Black Knights will definitely be coming out of the gate rarin' to go, so it should be an extremely fast-paced game -- just hopefully not only on Army's part.

EDIT: I've always thought RIT's alternate/black jerseys looked sweet. I wish we used them more.

Comment

*Insert insanely optimistic "wow we're awesome" comment here*

RIT Hockey FB Group
          Facebook.com/groups/RITtigershockey

RIT '13

Comment

Originally posted by StimulisRK View Post
            *Insert insanely optimistic "wow we're awesome" comment here*
            who can't. Be feeling good about the team after this weekend. Still a tough road ahead. But you have to have faith
            RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Just back from the game. Yes the Tigers were in black again, awesome. Tonight's game was pretty intense, the Hudson Valley alumni RIT folks who showed up did a great job cheering on the Tigers, tonight was a sellout and it was great to see how well the Tigers travel. I go to all the Army home games and no team in Atlantic Hockey has such a large fan base. Got to talk to a few of the alumni, who took up a large part of one section of the rink, great folks, they even invited me to future RIT alumni events even though I'm just an RIT parent. Spread throughout the rink were moms, dads, siblings of RIT students and no doubt alumni all wearing orange. Yes, they were the minority in terms of numbers but not really from a vocal standpoint.

Now for the game.. hard hitting, intense..fans yelling and screaming for both sides, opportunities for goals and "just misses" from both sides. Army didn't have a band but the PA systems was definitely cranked up tonight. I didn't think there was a penalty called until the game was half way over.

Like last night RIT scored first then scored again, Army scored, RIT scored, Army scored...I thought we were heading for another 6-5 game after the 2nd period with RIT leading 3-2. The 3rd period was a great period to watch and even if you were not a fan of college hockey you would of been sitting on the edge of your seat with the end to end action. I felt RIT caught a break with a late call against Army for elbowing with under 2 minutes to go at the end of the game. The chance to pull your goalie for an extra skater never materialized for Army like it did last night. Army did eventually pulled their goalie but the Tigers buried an empty netter to end the game.

Very proud of the Tigers tonight.

Photos from tonight:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1066947...eat=directlink
              Last edited by Downstate_RIT_Fan; 01-19-2013, 09:30 PM.
              RPI Engineers
              RIT Tigers
              ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                it was great to see how well the Tigers travel.
                From what I could tell, it sounded like our fans were even louder tonight than last night?

Comment

Originally posted by Schmitty View Post
                  From what I could tell, it sounded like our fans were even louder tonight than last night?
                  Absolutely...with a larger contingent of Army fans tonight, the RIT fan base bumped up their numbers from Friday nights game as well. To be honest the RIT fans are used to cheering loudly for their team much like fans from other schools do too (I see it at RPI home games at the HFH too). Army fans are a little more subdued, but they were definitely getting into it towards the end of the 3rd. I would love to see Tate Rink be like that for every game but like I said above, not every team coming into Tate Rink brings a large fan base with them to get everybody all riled up. A half full rink, even if you're cheering is nothing like a screaming sell out. Great night at Tate Rink tonight, especially if you're an RIT fan.
                  RPI Engineers
                  RIT Tigers
                  ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Postgame comments from Army's Coach Riley from last nights RIT - Army game with video of the Army highlights can be found here - select the "Top Videos" tab :

http://www.goarmysports.com/
                    RPI Engineers
                    RIT Tigers
                    ARMY Black Knights

Comment

This coming weekend series will show how far the Tigers have come. If they can get at least a split with Niagara, that would be huge and I don't think they drop much in the standings will the home and home series. If they can somehow get 3 or 4 points, then they should keep moving up. I'd be shocked if Friday does not sell out, if only because Niagara will bring their fans.
                      2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                      2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                      2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                      2010 Frozen Four participant
                      2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

This coming weekend series will show how far the Tigers have come. If they can get at least a split with Niagara, that would be huge and I don't think they drop much in the standings will the home and home series. If they can somehow get 3 or 4 points, then they should keep moving up. I'd be shocked if Friday does not sell out, if only because Niagara will bring their fans.
                        Yes, Friday is certain to be a sell-out. I'm feeling better about this season as each game goes by... one by one, little by little, moving up and feeling good about the Tigers.
                        RIT TIGERS
                        Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                        Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions/NCAA Tournament 2010, 2015, 2016
                        Frozen Four 2010
                        The Gene Polisseni Center @ RIT

Comment

Oh... and we're always supposed to beat Army, and we did!!
                          RIT TIGERS
                          Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                          Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions/NCAA Tournament 2010, 2015, 2016
                          Frozen Four 2010
                          The Gene Polisseni Center @ RIT

Comment

Niagara will be having a fan bus coming to Ritter, so expect a pretty great atmosphere and hopefully a sellout.

Although I think it's ambitious to hope for 3-4 points this weekend, we DID tie Niagara in their own barn earlier this year, and I think we'd all agree that we're playing better hockey now than we were then. So a win at Ritter and a tie at Niagara doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility. Given how good Niagara is though, we have to be happy with a split.
                            RIT

Comment

I think a split is the minimum RIT should be able to muster if they want to gain ground (both mentally and in the standings). RIT is at home for the first game which in normal years means an advantage, and should still. Niagara isn't exactly playing their best hockey while one can argue RIT is playing their best hockey of the year. So, I like the chances of a split and maybe 3 points but probably not 4.
                              My Four Favorite teams:
                              RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
                              Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X