No announcement yet.

>>>>> RIT TIGERS 2012-13: Clawing our way up the standings in the 2nd half

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS 2012-13: Clawing our way up the standings in the 2nd half

I almost wish AHA West would split off into its own conference. That way you could have ~6 teams playing for a NCAA berth and a lot more chances to proves yourself OOC.

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
    They are called pods and has pretty much always been the Western pod dominating the Eastern pod.
    RIT Tigers

Comment

• Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS 2012-13: Clawing our way up the standings in the 2nd half

I'm just scratching my head and looking for who's going to lead the team next year. I only see McGowan & Garbowsky being playing well this year. Where's the rest of the team? Schuler might be the only one that looks good. The most interesting thing is who's going to be in the net next year? Ruby or Watson?

Comment

Originally posted by dxk3355 View Post
        I'm just scratching my head and looking for who's going to lead the team next year. I only see McGowan & Garbowsky being playing well this year. Where's the rest of the team? Schuler might be the only one that looks good. The most interesting thing is who's going to be in the net next year? Ruby or Watson?
        Colavecchia has had a decent season....
        RIT Tigers
        Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
        Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
        Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Just give all the starts to MacClean

Originally posted by dxk3355 View Post
          who's going to be in the net next year? Ruby or Watson?
          RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
            We do have to remember that there are a lot of pieces that this team was supposed to have... and didn't.

The consensus seems to be that Brandon Thompson was supposed to bring a bit of a physical presence to the team, but he had to sit out the year. And one of the big complaints this year is that we don't have a McReynolds-type or Favot-type player who just loves to bang folks around.

Rajan Sidhu is 6-3; had he stayed on the team, he might have brought a more physical presence on the blue line. (Of course, Brownell is 6-4 and hasn't played hardly at all... not even Saturday when we only had 17 skaters on the ice. Perplexing?)

Greece native Woody Hudson was slated to come to RIT but decommitted. Not sure what kind of role he was intended for, but it may have left a hole in this year's class.

Adam Mitchell was a big part of our front-of-the-net presence and played a significant role in our improved play at the beginning of 2013, then got injured.

So look at next year -- we lose a good goal-scorer in Smith, and a good faceoff guy in Hartley, and our best defenseman. But we'll hopefully be getting Thompson back, and maybe Sidhu. Adam Mitchell should hopefully play a full season. Potts, thanks to a redshirted junior year, can hopefully rebound from an off season to be a big senior presence. We don't need new goalies. We'll have a strong core of three senior defensemen, with now-fully-acclimated Shumway and Kuqali backing them up. McGowan/Garbowsky/Schuler should mature into one of the best forward lines in the league.

I mean, just look at how many games we played without a full bench. Fixing that alone would be good for another win or two. =) But it looks like we also will be able to fill some holes that our team had this season.

Powers &8^]
            I love your optimism, but fear it is misplaced. I think you are too easily dismissing losing the top goal scorer in Smith and especially the best player in Saracino. The D is already weak to say the least and losing Saracino is not going to help. I personally have zero confidence that any of the remaining D, outside of Kuqali, are going to improve let alone step up to replace Saracino.

I didn't see the improvement that I was hoping for out of the underclassmen that leads me to believe that they are not going to progress the significant amount next season that is necessary to propel RIT back to the top echelon of the AHA.

I fear that RIT is going to turn into a one line team with one dependable D pairing and a continuation of questionable goaltending. I really hope I am wrong and it is just the distaste of a crappy season leaving me disheartened.

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
            Just give all the starts to MacClean
            I've heard of worse ideas. But seriously, as of right now, I see zero reasons for Watson to get any starts the rest of the season or to start next season. Ruby has played by far the best in net. Consistancy is still an issue, but at least he shows some signs of being a #1 goaltender.
            My Four Favorite teams:
            RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
            Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

The Polisseni center construction webcam has been upgraded significantly. It's not in it's final position, but you should no longer find the quality wanting.
              RIT

Comment

The Polisseni center construction webcam has been upgraded significantly. It's not in it's final position, but you should no longer find the quality wanting.
                I get a server not found error
                Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
                Men's Frozen Four 2010
                Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
                  http://www.rit.edu/development/givin...lay/webcam.php ??

Working just fine for me and everyone in the office.
                  RIT

Comment

ditto.

RIT Tigers

Comment

http://www.rit.edu/development/givin...lay/webcam.php ??

Working just fine for me and everyone in the office.
                      "Server not found: rtmpt://testamajig.rc.rit.edu:80/live"

RIT Tigers
                      Men's Frozen Four 2010

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
                        ditto.
                        Can you guys give me some more information about how you are trying to access? Browsers, OS, mobile/desktop, etc?

Everyone I've sent it to both on and off campus working from a desktop has had no issues. Thanks!
                        RIT

Comment

Can you guys give me some more information about how you are trying to access? Browsers, OS, mobile/desktop, etc?

Everyone I've sent it to both on and off campus working from a desktop has had no issues. Thanks!
                          desktop, firefox, Windows XP. I am at work so its possible they may be blocking it? I am not sure. It was working yesterday though.

I tried on my iphone and got a message saying it is unavailable on mobile.

RIT Tigers
                          Men's Frozen Four 2010

Comment

desktop, firefox, Windows XP. I am at work so its possible they may be blocking it? I am not sure. It was working yesterday though.

I tried on my iphone and got a message saying it is unavailable on mobile.
                            It is definitely possible a firewall would be blocking it. The iOS compatible stream is in the works. Give it a shot tonight once you get home to your non-corporate internet connection and see if it works.

Previously we were using UStream, whereas this is a connection to an on campus resource.
                            RIT

Comment

Working nicely here on a Mac with OS X 10.8.2 and Safari. Much better video. And I just saw a ladybug crawl up the lens. Very cool.

Comment

All this talk about next season and this one isn't even over yet. I'm going to focus on the playoffs before I start looking past them into next season.

On a different topic, I saw today that Atlantic Hockey is teaming with Monroe County Sports Commission to raise money for the West Webster Fire Department. For every adult ticket purchased for the AHA championship $5.00 will be donated to WWFD. Very cool!

http://www.atlantichockeyonline.com/...s/monroe022013

Comment

Working...
                                X