No announcement yet.

>>>>> RIT TIGERS 2012-13: Clawing our way up the standings in the 2nd half

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS 2012-13: Clawing our way up the standings in the 2nd half

Saturday's game was very dull until the 3rd. I almost turned off the radio during the 2nd period. RIT wasn't doing anything other getting penalties.

Comment

• Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS 2012-13: Clawing our way up the standings in the 2nd half

Originally posted by dxk3355 View Post
      Saturday's game was very dull until the 3rd. I almost turned off the radio during the 2nd period. RIT wasn't doing anything other getting penalties.
      You think it was dull on the radio? You should have been in the rink.

It looked almost identical to the 2nd and 3rd periods on Friday, until about halfway through the second on Saturday. That first goal woke them up, and then in the third they came out and it was like a totally different team. Passes and shots were magically making it through instead of bouncing off of defenders, 50-50 tossup-type battles along the boards started to go RIT's way, and RIT started to get in the way of RoMo passes.

I actually thought RIT played well in the neutral zone all weekend. But RoMo's transition game is very fast, and they swarm the puck in all zones. RIT would get a stick on the puck and there'd immediately be three or four guys in white standing in front of him. RoMo looked like they had something to prove after Tuesday's blowout.

I'm just glad we started to get some bounces; when the bounces go against us, the guys get down and start trying too hard to make something happen. When they start going for us, the team is quickly energized and more good things result. I think it's just a resilience issue -- on Friday, we played really well in the first but ended up scoreless; that got them discouraged and gripping the sticks too hard, allowing RoMo to control the second. And it took until halfway through the second game for that to turn back around.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by five8five View Post
        I honestly think Destler is the best thing that ever happened to RIT.
        No, that would be Mark Ellingson, and even then only if we're talking about Presidential terms.

Destler has certainly done a heck of a job with school spirit, and alumni outreach. But it was Al Simone who got the ball rolling with the D-I move. That one move has been more successful than I ever imagined it could be.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
          But it was Al Simone who got the ball rolling with the D-I move. That one move has been more successful than I ever imagined it could be.
          If I'm not mistaken wasn't Simone against college sports and athletics as a whole (including the NCAA)?

Comment

Originally posted by Zyklon View Post
            If I'm not mistaken wasn't Simone against college sports and athletics as a whole (including the NCAA)?
            I know he was concerned about making sure that the athletics were never above the academics. And I believe while he was president, he was dragged in kicking and screaming for hockey to go DI.
            2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
            2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
            2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
            2010 Frozen Four participant
            2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
              I know he was concerned about making sure that the athletics were never above the academics. And I believe while he was president, he was dragged in kicking and screaming for hockey to go DI.
              Yep, I believe some trustees had a "discussion" with him in a dark alley. Just a few months before the announcement, he stated that it was never going to happen. (He also said semester conversion would happen under the next president ... one out of two ain't bad.)
              -M

Comment

Originally posted by RITProf View Post
                ... one out of two ain't bad.)
                Said Josh Watson.
                RIT

Comment

The wacky Atlantic Hockey season continues tonight ...UNCONN-4 Bentley-0 after 1st, interesting to see how Bentley comes out in the 2nd after losing last night to UCONN. The season really is going to come down to the last week for just about everybody except Niagara.
                  RPI Engineers
                  RIT Tigers
                  ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                    The wacky Atlantic Hockey season continues tonight ...UNCONN-4 Bentley-0 after 1st, interesting to see how Bentley comes out in the 2nd after losing last night to UCONN. The season really is going to come down to the last week for just about everybody except Niagara.
                    Hint: They did not come out strong.

9-0 final
                    RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                      Hint: They did not come out strong.

9-0 final
                      I listened to the Bentley radio guy call the 3rd period...painful for those guys, he signed off immediately, said he had nothing else to say. They got Army next who also played poorly this weekend, fortunes for one of those two teams will be changing next weekend, impossible to know which one though.

Nonetheless we can't worry about them, Mercyhurst next, six games left, what do you think is a reasonable expectation of points over these last six games? Would love to see 10 points but would 6 keep us out of that bottom four? 8?
                      RPI Engineers
                      RIT Tigers
                      ARMY Black Knights

Comment

I think they need at least 8 to avoid the bottom 4. It may come down to sweeping Canisius.
                        2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                        2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                        2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                        2010 Frozen Four participant
                        2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                          Nonetheless we can't worry about them, Mercyhurst next, six games left, what do you think is a reasonable expectation of points over these last six games? Would love to see 10 points but would 6 keep us out of that bottom four? 8?
                          Six games ... sadly I see no more than six points. I hope I am wrong. Bottom four might be more likely than not.
                          -Eeyore
                          -M

Comment

Six games ... sadly I see no more than six points. I hope I am wrong. Bottom four might be more likely than not.
                            -Eeyore
                            My optimistic projection would be 2 from Mercyhurst, 2 from Air Force, and 4 from Canisius for 8.

My realistic projection is more like 6-7, with an Air Force sweep of us seeming likely.
                            RIT

Comment

Yep, I believe some trustees had a "discussion" with him in a dark alley. Just a few months before the announcement, he stated that it was never going to happen.
                              Any contemporary evidence of this unlikely fact?

Powers &8^]

Comment

My optimistic projection is 10. We always play well in Erie.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Working...
                                X