X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. XXIV - Craziest Season Of All Time

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
    I remember a few years ago when the PP was so bad that Eaves talked about asking if he could decline penalties. I think it's worse now.
    That shows that he needs to get out of his worn out box on some of these things. The PP works when he has the talent, but doesn't when the talent level is lower. That is not acceptable. These guys aren't that bad, and I don't know that just shaking up the lines is the answer, I believe it is the system.
    Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
    Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
    Originally posted by UWisco
    It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

My weekends predictions:

UW 3 UAA 1
      UW 5 UAA 2

I believe that UW will come out and punch a few goals in this weekend with the new line combinations.

ON WISCONSIN
      WISCONSIN BADGERS
      NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
      WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
      WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
      B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
      Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

That is too bad about Zullinick's injury, he is a real good kid from Kamloops BC, loves the game, great kid from BC. Another good kid, I am looking forward to watching tonight is the young man from Swift Current Saskatchwan, real good kid, loves the game, Rumpel. When you have a good Canadian kid between the pipes that loves the game you always have a chance to win. Just both great Canadian kids.....

Comment

I remember a few years ago when the PP was so bad that Eaves talked about asking if he could decline penalties. I think it's worse now.
          It may be worse now but at least they are on the plus side. When he said that they were giving up more short handed goals than they were scoring.
          Wisconsin Badgers

National Champs 73, 77, 81, 83, 90 & 2006

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
            My weekends predictions:

UW 3 UAA 1
            UW 5 UAA 2

I believe that UW will come out and punch a few goals in this weekend with the new line combinations.

ON WISCONSIN
            I think the Badgers will sweep this weekend, but I don't see the Badgers putting up that many goals against a UAA team that like to clog up the neutral zone and front of the net. This UAA team has been playing some pretty spirited hockey on Fridays, but mailing it in on Saturdays. So if the Badgers do put up a big number this weekend, it will likely be on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBucky! View Post
              It may be worse now but at least they are on the plus side. When he said that they were giving up more short handed goals than they were scoring.
              Was that during the Kyle Klubertanz fall down behind the net every PP season? He had to been on the ice when almost every one of those SH goals was scored.
              Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
              Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
              Originally posted by UWisco
              It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Yeah, it's bad but obviously with a little simple math we can show that Eaves was just being a jokester as usual. Ridiculous notion -- declining penalties!! Hah!!

To prove it I'll just take a quick glance at the conference numbers...

I see, sadly, only averaging 2.19 gpg in the WCHA. Oh well. Wow. Only 4/54 on the pp? But still...

Ok 191 minutes assessed against opponents in 16 games... Ok... 4 g/ 191 minutes... Hang on here, I think this calculator is broken or something, let me get a pencil...

Something is still wrong... because I keep coming up with 1.254 goals per 60 minutes on the pp?

So we'd have about 20 goals vs. 35 if we played all 60 minutes of all 16 games on the pp?

umm.... Nevermind.
                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                Originally posted by Timothy A
                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                  I think the Badgers will sweep this weekend, but I don't see the Badgers putting up that many goals against a UAA team that like to clog up the neutral zone and front of the net. This UAA team has been playing some pretty spirited hockey on Fridays, but mailing it in on Saturdays. So if the Badgers do put up a big number this weekend, it will likely be on Saturday.
                  Isn't that what I have? 3 goals Friday and 5 on Saturday.
                  WISCONSIN BADGERS
                  NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                  WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                  WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                  B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                  Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

I was saying I didn't see UW scoring 5 either night. But if they do, I was agreeing with you that it would be Saturday.

Though, now that I look at the stats, Anchorage is giving up 3.32 goals/game, and the game is at Wisconsin.

So, you could be right. They just play such a frustrating style that you always come away feeling like your team could have gotten more if they didn't always park 4 guys in front of their net, clogging up shooting lanes all game long.

Comment

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. XXIV - Craziest Season Of All Time

He just wanted to hear himself talk
                      In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                      I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                        I was saying I didn't see UW scoring 5 either night. But if they do, I was agreeing with you that it would be Saturday.

Though, now that I look at the stats, Anchorage is giving up 3.32 goals/game, and the game is at Wisconsin.

So, you could be right. They just play such a frustrating style that you always come away feeling like your team could have gotten more if they didn't always park 4 guys in front of their net, clogging up shooting lanes all game long.
                        Frustrated by difficulty scoring? pfft... No problem. We've prepared all season for just this situation.

Actually I really don't know what to expect this weekend. On paper, a Badger sweep seems probable. With all the adversity early on it seems the boys have been playing catch up with the weight of the world on their shoulders, though. And now, in order to accomplish any of their season objectives, they're in a position where they really must win 3 of the next 4. I don't know if it's easier to beat a team twice you should handle (on paper) in a must win situation, or harder because you know you should win? Especially when you're already tight and pressing because know you should just play better all around. Hopefully Bucky can just loosen up and play the game.
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

I am hopeful about this series. UW's D is for real, I was worried Miami's speed would create issues, but it didn't at all. I am hopefull the line changes will produce, they really can't hurt. And I'm hopeful a couple ppg's get scored for UW. Even a blind squirrel with no nose steps on a nut under under an oak tree in September every so often. I think Petersen will get the start on Saturday.

Duluth is idle and Kato is playing the rodents, the stage is set for UW to jump into 6th place, possibly higher if DU, UNO and Sue stumble. Then it's a top 4 showdown with the Sue in their tee-pee.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            I am hopeful about this series. UW's D is for real, I was worried Miami's speed would create issues, but it didn't at all. I am hopefull the line changes will produce, they really can't hurt. And I'm hopeful a couple ppg's get scored for UW. Even a blind squirrel with no nose steps on a nut under under an oak tree in September every so often. I think Petersen will get the start on Saturday.

Duluth is idle and Kato is playing the rodents, the stage is set for UW to jump into 6th place, possibly higher if DU, UNO and Sue stumble. Then it's a top 4 showdown with the Sue in their tee-pee.
                            DU is also idle. It is not out of the realm of possibility that UW could be in 3rd after the weekend.

Comment

Is there an RPI calculator/projector in existence? In looking at the teams ahead of UW in the PWR, it seems like RPI improvement is the only way to move up materially (UW's COp vs just about everyone sucks, and its TUC isn't particularly good either.) But will the games against Alaska, PSU and Bemidji even count towards improving UW's RPI? Is it reaching the point where UW will need to win 3 of 6 from UM, UND, and UNO to get in the tourney?

It's probably way too early to begin making projections given the fluidness of the Team Under Consideration, but it seems like the losses to NMU and ties to tech are going to be very difficult to overcome.

Comment

Originally posted by diddlypoo View Post
                                Is there an RPI calculator/projector in existence? In looking at the teams ahead of UW in the PWR, it seems like RPI improvement is the only way to move up materially (UW's COp vs just about everyone sucks, and its TUC isn't particularly good either.) But will the games against Alaska, PSU and Bemidji even count towards improving UW's RPI? Is it reaching the point where UW will need to win 3 of 6 from UM, UND, and UNO to get in the tourney?

It's probably way too early to begin making projections given the fluidness of the Team Under Consideration, but it seems like the losses to NMU and ties to tech are going to be very difficult to overcome.
                                I have no factual basis to help you with, but I've been assuming exactly what you said. (That Bucky needs 3 of those six.) I also suspect you're correct that this weekend can't help us. Obviously a ways to go yet but I don't know how it can be looked at differently at this point.
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Working...
                                X