X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. XXIV - Craziest Season Of All Time

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Mark Johnson wins because he consistently has some of the best players in the country on his teams, and the overall depth of quality players/teams is very shallow, hence the large gap between the the top teams (UW and UM) and the rest of the women's teams. The men's game has way too much parody for him to duplicate his success on the men's side of ledger. He wasn't the most energetic go getter of a recruiter under Sauer and I think right now his program and it's success does his recruiting for him.
    I don't entirely disagree and expecting Mark Johnson to duplicate his success with the men's team would be asking a lot. But what Johnson would bring is an instant dose of enthusiasm to the men's program which would translate into season ticket sales and all the other things enthusiasm brings. And if he stated that he's going to put in an aggressive creative offense, that would generate more enthusiasm and maybe give some high-end recruits a reason to consider or reconsider Wisconsin.

Agreed about his recruiting history under Sauer. He would have to bring in good assistants.
    Go Badgers!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
      Sorry, UND already signed him to a LOI.
      Like most UND players, you'll have to wait for him until he gets out of jail.
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
        Like most UND players, you'll have to wait for him until he gets out of jail.
        But I'm sure he'll throw a helluva party when he gets out.
        Go Badgers!

Comment

Originally posted by TUSCHWI View Post
          I don't entirely disagree and expecting Mark Johnson to duplicate his success with the men's team would be asking a lot. But what Johnson would bring is an instant dose of enthusiasm to the men's program which would translate into season ticket sales and all the other things enthusiasm brings. And if he stated that he's going to put in an aggressive creative offense, that would generate more enthusiasm and maybe give some high-end recruits a reason to consider or reconsider Wisconsin.

Agreed about his recruiting history under Sauer. He would have to bring in good assistants.
          I do agree he could rejuvenate the fanbase, but then after 4 years, everyone would realize it was all smoke and mirrors, then both the men's and women's programs would suck. What he's done with the gal's team is priceless, I don't want to see that end.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by tuschwi View Post
            but i'm sure he'll throw a helluva lawnmower when he gets out.
            fyp
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Sad that the one of the most exciting games I've seen in Madison this year was between two HS teams at the Coliseum this afternoon. Wausau West fell to Verona, and the 6-3 score is not representative of how close it was w/ 2 minutes to go when West was down only one and had several nice chances.

Hoping for a couple good games tonight.

Maybe that energy will still be in the building next weekend and UW can sweep St Cloud out of the McNaughton.
              Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
              Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
              Originally posted by UWisco
              It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                Sorry, UND already signed him to a LOI.
                In my 'hood growing up, that guy would've been known as a *putz; much worse than a *schmuck.

*Buy the book, "The Joys of Yiddish"
                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
                  Sad that the one of the most exciting games I've seen in Madison this year was between two HS teams at the Coliseum this afternoon. Wausau West fell to Verona, and the 6-3 score is not representative of how close it was w/ 2 minutes to go when West was down only one and had several nice chances.

Hoping for a couple good games tonight.

Maybe that energy will still be in the building next weekend and UW can sweep St Cloud out of the McNaughton.
                  No doubt that was a great game yesterday. The Superior Fondy game was also a barn burner until Superior buried them at the end.All in all 4 great hockey games yesterday. Will be stopping by the great dane later to watch notre dame verona, we will see if the cats can stay with these guys. Then back to the great dane next weekend to close out the home badger games for this season.

Comment

A few thoughts about the upcoming series......UNO's pk is bad, allowing a conversion rate of 19.5%. Missing Lee on the #1 pp unit is just a bummer. I'm hopeful the #2 pp unit can pop some goals with the umbrella. UW has the advantage in goaltending and D, UNO has the advantage in O. It will be interesting to see how they come out and play today, knowing they went from the cusp of making the ncaa to almost no shot in 1 1/4 periods of hockey.

Even though at this point we're all pretty depressed and disgusted with everything, UW isn't out of the fight for 3rd place by any means. We have to root for the rodents, CC, and BSU to sweep, then a UW sweep would put them in 3rd place. Let's see the boys finish strong and gain home ice for the playoffs.

Comment

Dean Blais, UN 'O' that in passing can be easily mistaken for a 'D'... What's not to hate about these guys?
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Just spent an extra $10/month on dish to see tonight's game. Hope I don't regret it too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
                          Just spent an extra $10/month on dish to see tonight's game. Hope I don't regret it too much.
                          Nothing that happens the rest of the season will beat the regretfullness of last Monday's game....don't sweat it. I'm gonna watch Friday's game, why I'm not so sure, hope springs eternal I guess. Saturday night I'll be at the woman's playoff game, so I'll be dvring the men's game. Hopefully it's worth dvring.

Comment

Sorry, the answer to the 'What's not to hate' question we were looking for was- "cows". Typically, Wisconsinites do not hate cows.

Thank you everyone for playing and I'm sure we have some lovely parting gifts.

As for tonight's matchup, it should be interesting. Two teams on the outside looking in, both needing every game desperately. Oddly, CC, NMU, and UMD also play a big part in what happens to both team's NCAA chances. (But for different reasons.)

As tonight's game is broadcast nationwide, I'm hoping for an exciting 6-5 OT Badger victory!

That's right!

Yes, I have indeed been drinking heavily.
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post

As tonight's game is broadcast nationwide, I'm hoping for an exciting 6-5 OT Badger victory!

That's right!
                              Close enough. 2 points. We want 4.

Comment

watched the entire game tonight. A very solid effort from UW.

It actually appeared as though the team had that desire that you'd like to see each game, the will to win if you will. Woods had it for sure tonight.

on the flipside, man the defense can be downright awful breaking out of the zone, it's painful to watch.

also there are several players where you wonder if UW had some serious talent if they'd even make the 4th line.

I'm thinking specifically tonight of a highly touted Wisconsin kid, #26 (throw in #18 as well). 26 is invisible and has been for 2 years now. this is the type of thing that makes losing out to BC recently on a hyped recruit especially painful. Instead of getting a great player, UW may have to settle. and settling is what's gotten this team in the position it's in.
                                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X