X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. XXIV - Craziest Season Of All Time

Originally posted by Almington View Post
    If UW wins the 6 remaining regular season games and sweeps the WCHA first round (and lose in the Thursday game at the F5) they could get up to the 9 seed regardless of what any other teams do, can move as high as the 5 or 6 seed if everything falls the way that they need and if they win a game or two at the F5.

As for the first round of the WCHA playoffs: if UW finishes 6th they will likely host Denver, if they finish 7th or 8th they would likely travel to either Mankato or Denver.
    Did you figure that out manually, or is there a predictor up?
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
      Everyone considers Christmas the half way point since teams don't play again for a stretch until around New Years. Nice try sneaking those losses to Quinnipic into the first half.

1st Half: 11-6-1 0.639 winning %
      2nd Half: 7-6-1 0.536 winning %

I thought UNO had done worse though since Christmas, they were once firmly in the NCAA tourney and leading the WCHA, now have some work left to do to make the tourney.
      Actually, I kind of agree. UNO's defense and goaltending have been pretty not good since Christmas. We are going to have to at least get to St. Paul to have a chance at the NCAA's. Our TUC record is killing us in Pairwise. We're a strong 13th in KRACH, not that it matters. We've given up more goals than any team in D-1 with a winning record in the country.

Of course, we've also scored more goals than any team in the country as well.
      Last edited by Red Cows; 02-18-2013, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
        Did you figure that out manually, or is there a predictor up?
        http://www.playoffstatus.com/ncaahoc...nseedprob.html

Comment

Don't use that site. The "Rankings" that the Percentages refer to are their own "Meaningful Win Percentage" rankings. It has absolutely nothing to do with the Pairwise.

Comment

Do gopher fans always blow up like this after a loss? I have a lot of work to do today but watching this is just too much fun...
            In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
            I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

tICE is thin the rest of the way. Without actually doing the math, my impression is, even dropping one to Penn St. could do potentially do us in. Of course CC and NMU could just lose all the rest of their games and UMD could win the FF5 (Final Final Five) which would help, neither of which is going to happen, though.

It's not unprecedented for a team to go on a big run at the end to get in. Maybe yesterday's win gives us the something extra that has been lacking?
              Originally posted by WiscTJK
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
              Originally posted by Timothy A
              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
                Do gopher fans always blow up like this after a loss?
                Yes.
                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                Originally posted by Timothy A
                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Do gopher fans always blow up like this after a loss? I have a lot of work to do today but watching this is just too much fun...

Nope, they never do. They're not blowing up or whining or spotting their undies.

They're just stating facts and you're reading them wrong.

Comment

I think a lot of gopher fans were thinking of taking the Berryman exit when they got back to UMTC.

Comment

Originally posted by Mile High Hockey View Post
                      Don't use that site. The "Rankings" that the Percentages refer to are their own "Meaningful Win Percentage" rankings. It has absolutely nothing to do with the Pairwise.
                      I know but I also don't care. If UW manages to add a 6-1 record onto their TUC and add a 8-1 record to their RPI calculations they are likely going to be in to the NCAAs as a solid 3 seed. I also don't believe that will actually happen.

At this point to make the NCAAs, all UW can do is 1.) win as many games as possible, and 2.) hope that CC and/or NMU fall out of being TUC.

Comment

I know but I also don't care. If UW manages to add a 6-1 record onto their TUC and add a 8-1 record to their RPI calculations they are likely going to be in to the NCAAs as a solid 3 seed. I also don't believe that will actually happen.

At this point to make the NCAAs, all UW can do is 1.) win as many games as possible, and 2.) hope that CC and/or NMU fall out of being TUC.
                        Gotcha. Wisconsin is capable of making that sort of run. The Pairwise is so fluid right now, that if CC and NMU fall out of being TUCs, combined with a 5-2-0 record against TUCs (assuming going 3-1-0 against UNO and SCSU, then winning first round against TUC, then losing in the Final Five to a TUC) would likely be enough to move up into the tournament field.

Comment

Originally posted by Mile High Hockey View Post
                          Wisconsin is capable of making that sort of run.
                          They won't win very many wcha games getting outshot 2-1, with a bad pk and pp, going against 2 more high powered wcha teams coming up.

Posick mentioned during yesterday's broadcast we fans better get used to seeing UW play a lot of non Friday-Saturday series.Anyone have any inkling why? Is the BTN gonna scheduling more Friday/Sat BB games, thus pushing BTN hockey to weeknight games?
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                            Nope, they never do. They're not blowing up or whining or spotting their undies.

I am just so surprised that JDUBBS managed to create so many USCHO accounts to enlighten ignorant people about the indisputable facts of Minnesota hockey.
                            In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                            I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

Thank you. it's nice someone from buckyland is FINALLY understanding. I was starting to worry.

Comment

A quick refresher, a sub .500 team CAN'T make the NCAA tourney as an at-large bid, but they can be a TUC in the PWR? I was glancing at that today and noticed both NMU and CC are below .500, but I know their RPI can be above .500 to count despite their record.

Also, for ****s & grins today, I switched the 1st game of the year against NMU to a tie, and the friday CC game to a tie. UW is 13th in the PWR in that scenario, and both those opponents would not be TUCs at this point. Amazing how small changes like that can really swing the PWR.
                                Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                                Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                                Originally posted by UWisco
                                It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Working...
                                X