• Show
Clear All

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. XXIV - Craziest Season Of All Time

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    :*****http://i.imgur.com/g6tJZli.jpg******
    Is that Bubba J?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
      Ok, you were kind of funny before but now I completely don't get it... Grammar? Books?
      ...In Minnesota?
      Correct, their focus is on spelling, might only be one word and their state's name no less, but they got spelling nailed.
      Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
      Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
      Originally posted by UWisco
      It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
        Chris Bodo is probably worth 7% of his team's PP...
        I just can't wrap my head around one player being that critical a pp. It may be an interesting topic for the offseason. I will say this, it's imho easier for a F to have a larger impact on the pp than a D. A F can be at the back door, snipe it from the circle, crash a rebound, score on the rush. The d more than likely will be dependent on his points/impact coming from guys finishing for him, though last year Schultz finished enough for himself, but he was basically an NHL player on a college team against college players.

Still no injury news?
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
          I've thought about this and wondering if we'll be wishing for these WHCA guys next year and beyond (says the guy who still has Randy Schmidt in his signature). I thought I remember reading somewhere, maybe here, that the BTHC hired some CCHA guy as its head of officials, so maybe we could expect lots of those guys. Anyone know anything else?
          I have had the same thoughts about how good will these guys really be, but the B14 has a chance to establish a style of play and train the refs to things a certain way. I'd like to see interference called more often, that does slow the flow of the game down. Hopefully the B14 will get the coaches involved in setting the refereeing standards.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            I just can't wrap my head around one player being that critical a pp. It may be an interesting topic for the offseason. I will say this, it's imho easier for a F to have a larger impact on the pp than a D. A F can be at the back door, snipe it from the circle, crash a rebound, score on the rush.
            I think you'll find some resistance to this line of thought.

A power play QB can make a huge difference in overall effectiveness, and Schultz was clearly a special player.

But not having him can't explain why we are so inept this season. I could see us dropping a bit, but we went off a cliff. Also can't explain why we can't even get in the zone, let alone establish the zone.

There are plenty of teams that don't have a Schultz at the point who are respectable on the PP.

For those blaming Schutz's absence though, it's just another in a long line of excuses and another example where somehow the fate of our season rested with one player.

Comment

The How Bad is the UW PP Stat of the Day

Total 2012/2013 UW PPG 8

2010 Team
              Georffrion 15 total PPG
              B. Smith 11 total PPG
              Davies 8 total PPG

Comment

I watched the Oilers game last night and Schultz was running the PP like he has been in the league for some years. He is truly a special player, we were quite lucky to have/watch him for 3 years. He is going to be a GREAT NHL player.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  I just can't wrap my head around one player being that critical a pp. It may be an interesting topic for the offseason. I will say this, it's imho easier for a F to have a larger impact on the pp than a D. A F can be at the back door, snipe it from the circle, crash a rebound, score on the rush. The d more than likely will be dependent on his points/impact coming from guys finishing for him, though last year Schultz finished enough for himself, but he was basically an NHL player on a college team against college players.

Still no injury news?
                  The value of a true RH shot d-man to run your PP is infinitely more valuable than any one forward can be. Getting the puck up the ice, getting it set up in the zone, settling things down once you're in the zone, make the right reads as the "QB"...by far more important than any other position on the PP.

With Justin Schultz on the PP: 20.6%
                  Without Justin Schultz on the PP: 10.3%

It's not rocket science fellas...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post

That didn't take long.

So are we never going to be good on the PP again?

I'd sure like to think that the coaches could take a look at the assets on hand and devise something that could be effective, even without Mr. Schultz. You know, coach something up. Then again, that might be asking too much. Sorta like... rocket science?

Again, we didn't just drop off a little.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                      The value of a true RH shot d-man to run your PP is infinitely more valuable than any one forward can be. Getting the puck up the ice, getting it set up in the zone, settling things down once you're in the zone, make the right reads as the "QB"...by far more important than any other position on the PP.

You are saying he is worth 10.3% now? I was getting hammered saying he was worth 7%. He was special!

It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                        That didn't take long.

So are we never going to be good on the PP again?

I'd sure like to think that the coaches could take a look at the assets on hand and devise something that could be effective, even without Mr. Schultz. You know, coach something up. Then again, that might be asking too much. Sorta like... rocket science?

Again, we didn't just drop off a little.
                        I didn't say that. What I am saying is that this team doesn't have a capable PP QB on this roster which is clearly a serious issue. It's been brought up multiple times how important Justin Schultz was to the PP, and Jamie McBain before him. Having a player that can effectively run the unit from that position is so vital.

Regardless, I agree that the performance given the players that are still on the ice is downright unacceptable. Is part of it coaching? Yes. Is part of it bad luck? Yes. Is part of it players not playing up to their capabilities? Yes.

PP is absolutely awful, and it's embarrassing to watch. There's no reason this team can't be 15% even without Schultz.

Comment

I didn't say that. What I am saying is that this team doesn't have a capable PP QB on this roster which is clearly a serious issue. It's been brought up multiple times how important Justin Schultz was to the PP, and Jamie McBain before him. Having a player that can effectively run the unit from that position is so vital.

Regardless, I agree that the performance given the players that are still on the ice is downright unacceptable. Is part of it coaching? Yes. Is part of it bad luck? Yes. Is part of it players not playing up to their capabilities? Yes.

PP is absolutely awful, and it's embarrassing to watch. There's no reason this team can't be 15% even without Schultz.
                          It is tough too watch. In WCHA play, UW has scored 6 PPG and let up 14 on the PK. For a team that plays low scoring close games almost nightly that 8 goal difference will be the deciding factor of home ice or playing on the round in the 1st round.

Comment

Took a look at how Wisconsin's early season losses are affecting their current PWR. Basically, if Wisconsin had won any two of those early season games that they ****ed away, they would be #12 in the PWR right now.

LINK

Comment

Took a look at how Wisconsin's early season losses are affecting their current PWR. Basically, if Wisconsin had won any two of those early season games that they ****ed away, they would be #12 in the PWR right now.

LINK
                              I changed one NMU to a win, one CC to a tie, one Mankato at home to a tie and one of the ties w/ Tech to a win and they are 9th in the PWR. Amazing how a few games that could easily have gone the way I listed would have us pumped about the post season right now.

I think it is very possible the Badgers still get home ice but don't make the NCAA tourney unless they win the "right' games down the stretch.

Comment

Lot of fancy talk: out-of-touch coach, no quarterback on the blue line, lack of finishers. Seems to me the PP drought started about the time Gurt began making all them defamatory pictures on here about wagon trains, neanderthals, and all that.

Course you folks don't believe in the tundrabilly curse, so . . .

If you'd be nice for even a couple of weeks, you might be surprised. What you got to lose?

Comment

Working...
                                X