This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
    Yeah, the B's waited to send the postponement email until 3:45. Of course, we left at 2:00 and didn't get the email until we parked. Oh we'll, at least we had a great meal in the North End.
    Sounds like an adventure to say the least, but it's too bad they waited so long to cancel the game.

On another note, it's nice this Maine game is on the web for free.

Comment

• Re: Maine 2012-13 Part 3D: Still digging

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
      Yeah, the B's waited to send the postponement email until 3:45. Of course, we left at 2:00 and didn't get the email until we parked. Oh we'll, at least we had a great meal in the North End.
      Tried to tell you...

Comment

• Did Maine really only have one shot on net in the second period?

Comment

Sneddon>TIMMAY
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by revoman View Post
            Augusta 23.0"
            Berwick 32.0"
            Bridgton 22.5"
            Camden 18.0"
            Danforth 16.0"
            East Machias 18.0"
            Gorham 35.5"
            Gray 26.4"
            Hampden 16.5"
            Hollis 24.5"
            Kingbury 10.0"
            Lewiston 25.5"
            Otisfield 24.0"
            Portland 31.9"
            Princeton 12.0"
            Richmond 26.5"
            Saco 27.0"
            Springfield 13.5"
            Surry 16.5"
            Turner 24.0"
            Westbrook 30.0"
            Love how u put East Machias. Long story personally, but that was awesome! That's why I love the Revo!

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
              Sneddon>TIMMAY
              Duh.

Comment

Gross.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                  Tried to tell you...
                  Par for the course for all things Massachusetts, though. The roads were fine. From here to there. Slow down a little bit, but they were clear. You could tell that it hadn't been snowing for hours in Boston by how much work had been done clearing roads and parking lots. No reason from a driving point of view to postpone the game. And if they were going to do it, they had all the available info to do it by noon.
                  bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                  SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                  All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                  A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    Sneddon>TIMMAY
                    0 for Vermont this season? Wow
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

A game like this one just goes to show you what a fluke the BC weekend was. Fire Timmay
                      sure why not

Comment

Just when you thought they might go on a run......... What a disappointing game.

"I don't care how fast a skater you are, if you don't play this game with a big heart and a big bag of knuckles in front of the net you don't got dinky-do."
                        Last edited by Hockeyman99; 02-10-2013, 06:53 AM.

Comment

The NSN feed wasn't too bad. Not HD but certainly viewable. Unfortunately, from my perspective the game didn't match the quality of the broadcast. No PP presence against a good Vermont defense. Not sure what Ouellette was thinking when he literally gave the puck to McCarthy (I think), for the 3rd goal. Maine had opportunities to score in the first period and couldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                            Par for the course for all things Massachusetts, though. The roads were fine. From here to there. Slow down a little bit, but they were clear. You could tell that it hadn't been snowing for hours in Boston by how much work had been done clearing roads and parking lots. No reason from a driving point of view to postpone the game. And if they were going to do it, they had all the available info to do it by noon.
                            they certainly did have all info to do it.

The Governor used some sort of civil emergency power and declared that it would be illegal for most people to be on state roads until 4pm yesterday. (I am not sure what that means... i.e. is interstate 93 one of them, or only state routes?) Anyone driving on state roads would face jail or a $500 fine.... so I would guess that most people decided not to risk the ticket.

"most people" does not include police or fire, or oil delivery guys... and also did not include people who worked at food shops or for the media.
                            very strange when the law that was intended to protect us from foreign invasion is used for snow

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                              A game like this one just goes to show you what a fluke the BC weekend was. Fire Timmay
                              Typical TIMMAY-coached team though. Suck balls for most of the season, get a convincing win or two against superior opponents when you had no business doing so, and then straight back to sucking balls against teams you should beat.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                                they certainly did have all info to do it.

The Governor used some sort of civil emergency power and declared that it would be illegal for most people to be on state roads until 4pm yesterday. (I am not sure what that means... i.e. is interstate 93 one of them, or only state routes?) Anyone driving on state roads would face jail or a $500 fine.... so I would guess that most people decided not to risk the ticket.

"most people" does not include police or fire, or oil delivery guys... and also did not include people who worked at food shops or for the media.
                                very strange when the law that was intended to protect us from foreign invasion is used for snow
                                ...But anybody who remembers the Blizzard of '78 will well remember the photos of cars snowed in for great stretches along highways ("Rte. 128 is a parking lot") impeding snow removal and creating public safety concerns. Except for those folks who had to be out and about during this most recent storm, any drivers who were out on the roads were irresponsible in most cases. That said, I agree -- and would say further that the game should have been originally postponed to another date, rather than later in the day.
                                We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                                ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
                                --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Working...
                                X