This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine 2012-13 Part 3D: Still digging

Obviously they read this thread. And are big fans of you, me, revoman, and BearNecessity - The Apologists!
    bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
    SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
    All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
    A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyman99 View Post
      Guys play well that period. Refs are taking over the game. Riley looks good, haven't seen him at d this year.
      I agree, Riley is a good skater and looked good on defense. That's his natural position.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
        Timmy's got the Offense clicking again tonight! Yessirree. Zero goals after 2. What can Abbott possibly be saying to himself?

Oh, and UConn is up 4-1 after 2 over that powerhouse Mercyhurst club.
        poor offense is a timmay trademark. If Maine could score in the Jimmy Howard years they'd have at least one NC.

Comment

Lots of fans there tonight!

When are the students coming back?

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
            as I wrote in the last thread, Standbrook mentioned, joyfully, that a superstar from Sweden would be coming to Maine in the near future. I would have to believe that Grant had something to do with the recruiting of the Swede.
            i thought steve kariya pointed him in maine's direction when he was playing for frolunda... from there whichever staff was on hand finished the job...

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
              Lots of fans there tonight!

When are the students coming back?
              I never would have imagined that ata Men's hockey game at the Alfond and I could have heard EVERY word that Gravelese said to the players on the ice.

What a crowd!

the guy next to me mentioned that Shawn would have turned around and waved at the fans to make some noise.

well, the Alfond is officially dead. I hope the next guy can bring it back to life.

Comment

Attendence: 3743

Comment

I realized some weeks ago that for the first time in the history of the Maine program, I really didn't care what happened anymore. Tonight, for instance, I didn't even know who or where they were playing... That would've been unheard-of for me, even as recently last year.

Tim's Reign of Mediocrity/Ineptitude has finally broken me, as it apparently has many others. (3,700 fans in the Alfond might shrink to 2,500 before this year is over...) And for the first time since 1977, I won't see a single Maine game in person.

If I'm Abbott, I figure that Tim is gone after this miserable season, no matter what... So why not just dump him now, and give Corkum a live audition? There is absolutely nothing to lose in doing that, and some information to be gleaned in the process, since I'd have to assume that Bob will be among the candidates considered for next season in any case.

Comment

Marty is the real deal, some of the freshman and Sophs look ok , the upperclass look awful. At least Joey is entertaining. First game I've been too since St Lawrence. Its worse than I thought. Paul Pooley would be proud of the dump and watch. all 5 guys on the red line, stopped, dump it in with 2 MC players deep, what are the chances any team could get there before a MC player, none would be the answer. All 5 guys on the blue line, stopped, same result over and over again. Might have had 5 minutes in the whole game of what I would call decent offense, where they actually carried the puck with confidence in the O zone. Its easy to see why no one shows up to watch, I'd rather sleep
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Wally, that's exactly what I've seen on TV this year... It's like Tim just just wants to lose by a respectable margin or something. There seems to be no drive whatsoever to take the game over and actually win the dam thing.

The Semler years were better, measured by that yardstick.

Comment

As I recall, we were one botched "In the Crease" call from exactly that...having been at The Garden that night...ugh...

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                        poor offense is a timmay trademark. If Maine could score in the Jimmy Howard years they'd have at least one NC.
                        Been a long time, been a long time been a long, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time

Thank you, Tim. You did what you could and could do no more.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          Marty is the real deal, some of the freshman and Sophs look ok , the upperclass look awful. At least Joey is entertaining. First game I've been too since St Lawrence. Its worse than I thought. Paul Pooley would be proud of the dump and watch. all 5 guys on the red line, stopped, dump it in with 2 MC players deep, what are the chances any team could get there before a MC player, none would be the answer. All 5 guys on the blue line, stopped, same result over and over again. Might have had 5 minutes in the whole game of what I would call decent offense, where they actually carried the puck with confidence in the O zone. Its easy to see why no one shows up to watch, I'd rather sleep
                          One penalty on Diamond by the Merrimack bench was a mugging to say the least,he was getting jabbed by the MC player on the ice and two players on the bench were taking their shots @#39,all with the Official holding Diamond and more or less turning the blind eye to it...what I am getting at is TW never showed any emotion or question why it was that Diamond got a penalty and was being man-handled in front of the Ref. -- I know full well that Diamond is NO angel,but in that instant you call the penalty JUST on MC not matching minors. TW backs NONE of his players,has to be hard to deal with him. He's happy with a tie...????? Ya think,well UMass & NU picked up a point on Maine to stay in the playoffs....sadly when the goal is the COVETED 8th place seed then the time has come to CLEAN HOUSE.

Comment

Sad, sad state of affairs...

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                            I never would have imagined that ata Men's hockey game at the Alfond and I could have heard EVERY word that Gravelese said to the players on the ice.

What a crowd!

the guy next to me mentioned that Shawn would have turned around and waved at the fans to make some noise.

well, the Alfond is officially dead. I hope the next guy can bring it back to life.
                            Been a long time, been a long time been a long, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time

Comment

Awesome...!!

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                              Obviously they read this thread. And are big fans of you, me, revoman, and BearNecessity - The Apologists!

Comment

Priceless, you're up there this weekend. You were at the game last night, correct?.... Let's have the Priceless Rink Report. What is the local on TW? Was Abbott one of the 3700 at the game? Anyone ask him any real questions? We're dyin' herrrre.................

Comment

Working...
                                X