X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2012-13 Part 3D: Still digging

Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post
    Once again Timmay just stands there and doesn't say anything. Way to stick up for your team.
    Not true...on the live audio they said he said "wow".

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      He returned after getting a severe concussion?
      I thought I saw him late in the third period. I must have been mistaken. One of the worst leads in hockey (2-0). Just over 7 minutes left in the game and Providence allows Maine to tie the game. Diamond was alone in front of Gillies on Shore's shot which tied the game. Defensive lapse. Lots of credit to Maine for playing tough and never quitting.

Comment

They said on the radio that Beattie was bleeding from the nose. Does not sound good with his history of concussions.

Well, Timmay manages to keep his slate perfect at home. Who will be the sorry team associated with Maine's first win at home, or will Whitehead be 0 for the entire Alfond season? I'm sure Walshy could really relate to that.
        sure why not

Comment

“I love the way played tonight, no qualms with the effort or execution,” Whitehead said. “I thought we were a little tentative in the first [period], a little nervous, but I thought as the game went on we played with more poise and the hard work was there from the beginning. But the first period, offensively we played a little tentative.”

http://www.uscho.com/recaps/2013/02/...th-providence/

Comment

• Originally posted by all bear View Post
            They said on the radio that Beattie was bleeding from the nose. Does not sound good with his history of concussions.

Well, Timmay manages to keep his slate perfect at home. Who will be the sorry team associated with Maine's first win at home, or will Whitehead be 0 for the entire Alfond season? I'm sure Walshy could really relate to that.
            I dont think Walshy could relate because Timmay to the best of my knowledge doesnt cheat. Doh!

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
              Wasn't that Mercyhurst on Jan 4?
              Gary

www.umlhockey.com
              Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
              "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
              KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                Wasn't that Mercyhurst on Jan 4?
                That game was in Portland.

Comment

Great comeback last night. Joey has picked up his game, the first short-handed goal was a momentum changer and overall he is focusing on hockey, not all the other negatives and the results speak for themselves. Martin saved our bacon several times, but in my opinion we were outworked most of the game and lost most of the battles. I think the main reason for our record is that we don't play with enough grit. Also, is it just me or do we lose almost every face off? I'd be curious what our stats are for face offs. UML is a hard-working team and we'll have to bring our hard hats if we expect to get two points on Sunday.

Comment

Adding to my complaint that there is no link to the audio/video feeds on the front page of the Maine website, I'm going to add a whine about the quality of the video highlights Maine provides to the Hockey East website. Compared to every other team in the league, including Merrimack, it is embarrassing. Even when WABI covers the games. It's 2013. I've heard the excuses that the Alfond can't handle HD cables, or whatever the issue is.

You know what? I don't care. ****ing fix it. I would buy that ridiculously overpriced season video pass if it had any quality at all to it. This isn't 1974. I don't want to watch colored dots moving on a screen. I would, honestly, be okay with another season of TW if they took the money they would spend on buying him out and use it to not be an audio/video embarrassment.

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
                      I dont think Walshy could relate because Timmay to the best of my knowledge doesnt cheat. Doh!
                      Maine paid the price for that...and it is nothing nobody can change...but SW did change and IF I remember correctly your team was at the wrong end...sour grapes..??? Yes/No...Maine Hockey needs change and they can ONLY do that WITHOUT Tim Whitehead....but Thanks for reminding us that you have that in your Hate Maine Hockey Collection....remember also TRY winning in the Post Season....er,huh Frozen 4's...But again Thanks for the reminder........doh...!

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                        . I've heard the excuses that the Alfond can't handle HD cables, or whatever the issue is.
                        WABI has no way to get the amount of bandwidth needed for HD from Alfond to their studios in Bangor. Do you think they actually make money on a 7 win hockey team with no wins in Orono? I suppose UMaine could pay for the uplink to a satellite but I'm not holding my breath for that. UMaine could also pay for a fiber line to WABI but most of us think they can't afford to buy Timmay let alone pay for 15 miles of Fiber.
                        On the other hand I agree the picture quality is awful. Northeastern is awesome and its free. Even my limited speed ISP worked for NUs feed. I'm not sure why couldn't have better in house cameras or why their feed over the internet couldn't be HD, that's got nothing to do with WABI. Its not like HD cameras are mega bucks
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
                          The best of your knowledge is pretty limited, borderline on blithering idiot
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Someone say Maine was outworked last night? How in sweet Geezus can that happen. I mean the friggin team is winless in their own barn and they allow someone to waltz in there and outwork them? My Phn Word.
                            sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                              Can't believe that with 2 refs and 2 linesmen and they didn't or wouldn't make a call on the hit on Beattie,total B.S. non-call on there part...imo it should have been a 5 min. major and a game misconduct,but the worst part is Whitehead didn't even blow a gasket...I mean it's not his so called style,but this warrented a outburst to say the least...man up TW...this is "your" Players & Team...awful.

This is because Whitehead doesn't care. He's just collecting a paycheck.
                              When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                                That game was in Portland.
                                Ah, ok. Thanks for the correction.
                                Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                                Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                                "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                                KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Working...
                                X