This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2012-13 Part 3D: Still digging

Just look at what a coaching change can do. A couple years ago, the SF 49ers were absolutely pathetic, and had been pretty bad for some time. New coach comes in, and two years later, they're in the Super Bowl.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
      You are a total optimist which as a fan is a great quality until it has clouded your sense of reality so badly. This is as close to "crisis" as it can get without actually being there. Dude, the negative momentum right now for the players, their families, the fans, the Alumnae, and the University as a whole is traveling down hill like a brake-less freight train. If the situation were addressed today, 1/20/13, it would take a minimum of the next 2 seasons to return to respectability and 3+ years to get back to National prominence. If the Whitehead situation persists for the rest of this season and next season, all bets are off. It would take a minimum of 5 years to reconstruct and possibly more. Glass half full is wonderful. It's too late for that.
      You don't think the program would do a 180 if Jimmy came in momentum wise? I know I would be pretty excited as I'm sure other fans would be. He's gotten results at Dubuque so I'm sure he can coach too. There are a bunch of good players in the freshmen class and a few decent ones in the sophomore and junior classes. On top of this I think at least four of the guys coming in next year will be decent so there should be some talent for whoever is coach.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
        And I have no doubts that if Corkum was the head coach of this team, their record would be much better. A lot of those 1 goal losses and ties would be wins.

Probably be 13-10.
        Hand Tim his walking papers now, let Corkum take the team the rest of the year, and they make the hockey east tournament. IMHO.
        Been a long time, been a long time been a long, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time

Thank you, Tim. You did what you could and could do no more.

Comment

Originally posted by revoman View Post
          I'm hoping you left a word out of that one. The word "NOT".

The conversation should be short sweet and to the point. Abbot calls Tim, gets him in the office and sits him down. "Tim, it has become apparent that you lack the leadership ability to right this ship. I think for the good of the program and the good of the University you should no longer be behind the bench. Effective Immediately. You will be paid for the remainder of this year and we will buy you out of next year, but we can't have you bury the program, and these young men. Too many people over too many years have put their heart and soul into the hockey program...too many to let you flush it down the toilet. We will have Bob finish out the year behind the bench while we open up a National Search for the proper coach to take UM Hockey in the direction it needs to go. In the meantime, UMPD is waiting for you over at the Alfond to help you clean out your personal effects. You will be allowed to address the team one last time and then we will ask that you not come near the hockey operations offices nor the locker rooms. You will also have no contact with any of the players or recruits. Thank you for your years of service to the U and the program, but it is time we parted ways."

We can dream, right?
          Short, Sweet and 100% correct. Forward to Abbott.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            You don't think the program would do a 180 if Jimmy came in momentum wise? I know I would be pretty excited as I'm sure other fans would be. He's gotten results at Dubuque so I'm sure he can coach too. There are a bunch of good players in the freshmen class and a few decent ones in the sophomore and junior classes. On top of this I think at least four of the guys coming in next year will be decent so there should be some talent for whoever is coach.
            Jimney Cricket could do a better job. Anybody but TW.

Comment

• Originally posted by revoman View Post
              Hand Tim his walking papers now, let Corkum take the team the rest of the year, and they make the hockey east tournament. IMHO.
              I don't think they have a reasonable chance of making the NIT this year even if Corkum is head coach the rest of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
                I don't think they have a reasonable chance of making the NIT this year even if Corkum is head coach the rest of the way.
                That would be the Hockey East Tourney, not the NIT, and no unfortunately, even if Corkum takes over the team tomorrow morning at 8 AM, they're not going to make the tournament. FYI, the NIT is a basketball tournament.

Comment

Pretty sure Bowdoin (10-1-1) could give this Maine team a run for their money

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                    This team is not nearly as bad as their record indicates.
                    I agree, based on the few games I've seen. Maine has the talent to be a competitive program right now, in this age of parity... I would love to see how they look if they were allowed to play aggressively.

Comment

All the buzz on BDN comments section and the Fire Tim Whitehead Facebook group is this http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....ine/in/3651717

Comment

There are all the right reason at the end of the season to buyout TW....but will it happen....it just does not come down to the A.D. this time,I see road blocks in getting rid of TW.

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                          All the buzz on BDN comments section and the Fire Tim Whitehead Facebook group is this http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....ine/in/3651717
                          Thats a very telling article right there. At least one paper is willing to say it like it is...its past time for Whitehead to go. We need to do it now and let Corkum finish out the season. At least we would get a free perspective on what he is capable of. Timmay has milked the Maine taxpayers way too long.
                          sure why not

Comment

• Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                            The author sat next to me on Friday and asked about TW. I should have guessed what was coming. I still believe his job is tied to Abbott's job. If SA is going to stay I believe he will buy TW out. If he is not coming back I doubt he makes the change and leaves his successor with either a new coach that the new AD didn't pick or a coaching vacancy that s/he will spend the summer trying to fill.

That's going to be my last post for a while. It was brought to my attention this weekend that interested parties have taken note of my writings here and on Twitter, object to what I have written and believe the sources for my writing are friends of mine. I apologize whole heartedly for any retaliation they have faced because of what I have said. The friendships I have developed mean more to me than posting here or expressing my opinion on Twitter. And to answer the oncoming question, this doesn't have anything to do with TW. There is something to be said for anonymity...

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                              The author sat next to me on Friday and asked about TW. I should have guessed what was coming. I still believe his job is tied to Abbott's job. If SA is going to stay I believe he will buy TW out. If he is not coming back I doubt he makes the change and leaves his successor with either a new coach that the new AD didn't pick or a coaching vacancy that s/he will spend the summer trying to fill.

That's going to be my last post for a while. It was brought to my attention this weekend that interested parties have taken note of my writings here and on Twitter, object to what I have written and believe the sources for my writing are friends of mine. I apologize whole heartedly for any retaliation they have faced because of what I have said. The friendships I have developed mean more to me than posting here or expressing my opinion on Twitter. And to answer the oncoming question, this doesn't have anything to do with TW. There is something to be said for anonymity...
                              You will be missed. I have a friend who just went through a similar situation at their work and had to take a "break" from social media.

Take care.
                              Been a long time, been a long time been a long, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time

Thank you, Tim. You did what you could and could do no more.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                                The friendships I have developed mean more to me than posting here or expressing my opinion on Twitter. And to answer the oncoming question, this doesn't have anything to do with TW. There is something to be said for anonymity...

what comes after 93champs ... pro1disp ... and priceless... we will know in about 18 hours

Comment

Working...
                                X