PDA

View Full Version : Northeastern at Boston University 1/18

Pages : [1] 2 3

Agganis
01-16-2013, 10:01 AM
NU already has a game thread for Saturday vs BC, but not Friday vs BU? They are overlooking the Terriers, bulletin board material for sure, someone call Jack.

I predict O'Connor and Ruikka play, the rest of BU's lineup is pretty much set in stone save for injuries, suspensions, or players going to Ufa to watch a game before returning home.

DaveStPaul
01-16-2013, 10:29 AM
Northeastern, Northeastern! The school that's in the slums.
Northeastern, Northeastern! They are a bunch of bums.
Northeastern, Northeastern: A different school at night!
. . .

And I still can't remember what the last line was.

Terrance
01-16-2013, 10:44 AM
NU already has a game thread for Saturday vs BC, but not Friday vs BU? They are overlooking the Terriers, bulletin board material for sure, someone call Jack.

I predict O'Connor and Ruikka play, the rest of BU's lineup is pretty much set in stone save for injuries, suspensions, or players going to Ufa to watch a game before returning home.

I'd rather see Maguire and MacGregor starting on Friday. Regarding suspensions, luckily the Patriots game is on Sunday so they probably won't need to worry about suspensions/arrests until Monday morning.

As for the game itself, it's at BU, against NU, against a non-TUC team, and its on tv. In past seasons of the "jekyll and hyde" BU teams, I would have said this is definitely a BU loss, but I'm hoping we see more of what we saw earlier this season (and not in the Harvard or RPI games) from BU and they take care of business. On paper this should be 4-2 BU, but I don't know if there's a tougher game to predict and wouldn't be surprised by any score whether it be a 0-0 tie (unless O'Connor is in net) or a 4-0 NU win (ok this would surprise me a little). I will predict lots of penalties (BU wouldn't want to disappoint its viewers by playing clean in a televised game), but with these teams, that doesn't necessarily mean lots of scoring.

northeastern
01-16-2013, 10:45 AM
. . .

And I still can't remember what the last line was.

Northeastern, Northeastern.. gets beat by quite a sum..

Agganis
01-16-2013, 10:53 AM
I'd rather see Maguire and MacGregor starting on Friday. Regarding suspensions, luckily the Patriots game is on Sunday so they probably won't need to worry about suspensions/arrests until Monday morning.

I said prediction, not preference. Plus they've been doing a pretty even rotation with both recently so this would get your two preferred players against the hotter opponent Saturday night.

Flatlander14
01-16-2013, 02:03 PM
Thoughts on the retro jersey giveaway? I think it's pretty cool. Wonder where the Pepsi logo is going to be on it though. Nameplate with "Pepsi" on the back?

DaveStPaul
01-16-2013, 11:56 PM
Northeastern, Northeastern.. gets beat by quite a sum..

That . . . doesn't sound familiar. But I like where your head's at! :D

Thiessen'sBetter
01-17-2013, 04:22 PM
If BU plays like they did in the 3rd period against Harvard, NU has a chance.

That's about the most positive thing I can say about this game.

Maybe Cam Askew's 38th advisor will have him commit back to NU if we're up after the 1st period, and then back to BU if they're up after 2.

bono30
01-17-2013, 10:11 PM
What is a retro BU jersey? They have had the same jersey's since the beginning of time!

mookie1995
01-17-2013, 10:30 PM
Is Friday "beat your red headed stepchild" night in honor of our visitor?

Ryecheers
01-18-2013, 12:31 AM
Is Friday "beat your red headed stepchild" night in honor of our visitor?

No. It's "NU turned down my app, so we'll (try to) put the hurt on you" night!;)

chickod
01-18-2013, 12:45 AM
What is a retro BU jersey? They have had the same jersey's since the beginning of time!

Negatore, Mr. Bono!! Back in the 70's and 80's the jersey had a terrier logo on the front below "Boston." Now they have the player's number instead. Personally, I may add, I liked those MUCH better. That was also when BC had the big "eagle" on the front of their jerseys. Now we just have "Boston" (and BC has "Boston College"). Yuck...

http://ow.ly/i/1moE9/original

Terrance
01-18-2013, 09:59 AM
And Maguire gets the start tonight. I won't know how to feel about that until this game is over.

Bomber
01-18-2013, 11:46 AM
And Maguire gets the start tonight. I won't know how to feel about that until this game is over.

I'll let you know who I think is going to win this game after the game is over.

steve66
01-18-2013, 12:48 PM
BU 5-1.

NU is not good.

Tough weekend for the Huskies.

defkit
01-18-2013, 12:52 PM
BU 4-3. NU brings a spirited game.

Thiessen'sBetter
01-18-2013, 01:03 PM
NU brings a spirited game.

I think NU will be at their best for one game this weekend, but I'm thinking it will be Saturday in front of a sold out barn. Maybe being on TV will get them going?

Terrance
01-18-2013, 01:16 PM
I'll let you know who I think is going to win this game after the game is over.

I wanted to see Maguire start this game and I believe it should be a 4-2 BU win, but given the history and consistant inconsistancy of both BU and its goalies (as well as NU and their goalies), trying to make any sort of predictions on this game seems almost pointless. You never know what team will show up. If BU plays like they did earlier in the season and NU plays like they have been, 4-2 BU. If BU plays like they did against Denver, Harvard, or RPI and NU plays like they do whenever they play BU, NU could win.

Agganis
01-18-2013, 01:30 PM
consistant inconsistancy of both BU and its goalies

The Harvard loss, while bad, is IMO making people forget the relative consistency the rest of the season, they have no other losses (or ties) to teams outside the top 10 (as of a week ago, not sure if DU or UND have dropped slightly out). More than any BU team in recent memory they beat who they are supposed to beat.

Go-UML
01-18-2013, 01:42 PM
BU 4-3. NU brings a spirited game.I'd be ok with this. Whatever happens, hoping that this game drains BU a bit for their Sat night game with Lowell.