Northeastern at Boston University 1/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northeastern at Boston University 1/18

NU already has a game thread for Saturday vs BC, but not Friday vs BU? They are overlooking the Terriers, bulletin board material for sure, someone call Jack.

I predict O'Connor and Ruikka play, the rest of BU's lineup is pretty much set in stone save for injuries, suspensions, or players going to Ufa to watch a game before returning home.

Re: Northeastern at Boston University 1/18

Northeastern, Northeastern! The school that's in the slums.
    Northeastern, Northeastern! They are a bunch of bums.
    Northeastern, Northeastern: A different school at night!
    . . .

And I still can't remember what the last line was.
    Bugs Bunny - 96
    Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
      NU already has a game thread for Saturday vs BC, but not Friday vs BU? They are overlooking the Terriers, bulletin board material for sure, someone call Jack.

I predict O'Connor and Ruikka play, the rest of BU's lineup is pretty much set in stone save for injuries, suspensions, or players going to Ufa to watch a game before returning home.
      I'd rather see Maguire and MacGregor starting on Friday. Regarding suspensions, luckily the Patriots game is on Sunday so they probably won't need to worry about suspensions/arrests until Monday morning.

As for the game itself, it's at BU, against NU, against a non-TUC team, and its on tv. In past seasons of the "jekyll and hyde" BU teams, I would have said this is definitely a BU loss, but I'm hoping we see more of what we saw earlier this season (and not in the Harvard or RPI games) from BU and they take care of business. On paper this should be 4-2 BU, but I don't know if there's a tougher game to predict and wouldn't be surprised by any score whether it be a 0-0 tie (unless O'Connor is in net) or a 4-0 NU win (ok this would surprise me a little). I will predict lots of penalties (BU wouldn't want to disappoint its viewers by playing clean in a televised game), but with these teams, that doesn't necessarily mean lots of scoring.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
        . . .

And I still can't remember what the last line was.
        Northeastern, Northeastern.. gets beat by quite a sum..
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance View Post
          I'd rather see Maguire and MacGregor starting on Friday. Regarding suspensions, luckily the Patriots game is on Sunday so they probably won't need to worry about suspensions/arrests until Monday morning.
          I said prediction, not preference. Plus they've been doing a pretty even rotation with both recently so this would get your two preferred players against the hotter opponent Saturday night.

Comment

Thoughts on the retro jersey giveaway? I think it's pretty cool. Wonder where the Pepsi logo is going to be on it though. Nameplate with "Pepsi" on the back?
            Boston University 2014
            It's all part of the plan.

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
              Northeastern, Northeastern.. gets beat by quite a sum..
              That . . . doesn't sound familiar. But I like where your head's at!
              Bugs Bunny - 96
              Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

If BU plays like they did in the 3rd period against Harvard, NU has a chance.

That's about the most positive thing I can say about this game.

Maybe Cam Askew's 38th advisor will have him commit back to NU if we're up after the 1st period, and then back to BU if they're up after 2.
                2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

What is a retro BU jersey? They have had the same jersey's since the beginning of time!
                  WE'RE BU... WE'RE BU... WE'RE RIGHT HERE AT HOME.........

Comment

Is Friday "beat your red headed stepchild" night in honor of our visitor?
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      Is Friday "beat your red headed stepchild" night in honor of our visitor?
                      No. It's "NU turned down my app, so we'll (try to) put the hurt on you" night!

Comment

Originally posted by bono30 View Post
                        What is a retro BU jersey? They have had the same jersey's since the beginning of time!
                        Negatore, Mr. Bono!! Back in the 70's and 80's the jersey had a terrier logo on the front below "Boston." Now they have the player's number instead. Personally, I may add, I liked those MUCH better. That was also when BC had the big "eagle" on the front of their jerseys. Now we just have "Boston" (and BC has "Boston College"). Yuck...

*****http://ow.ly/i/1moE9/original******

Comment

And Maguire gets the start tonight. I won't know how to feel about that until this game is over.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance View Post
                            And Maguire gets the start tonight. I won't know how to feel about that until this game is over.
                            I'll let you know who I think is going to win this game after the game is over.
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

BU 5-1.

NU is not good.

Tough weekend for the Huskies.
                              Husky Hockey heading to the top of the bottom!

Comment

Working...
                              X