PDA

View Full Version : BC @ Northeastern 1/19/13

Pages : [1] 2

SkinsFan09
01-15-2013, 04:21 PM
Since NU defeated the Eagles, 3-1 to open the season at 2-0, boy things went down the tubes didn't they. I don't expect this one to be particularly close by the end of the 2nd period but NU always plays BC tough at Matthews which has been the Eagles' house of horrors in recent times.

Flatlander14
01-15-2013, 04:27 PM
Kevin Roy is on my fantasy team so if he could score a triple hat trick that would be spendid.

sterlippo1
01-15-2013, 04:34 PM
Since NU defeated the Eagles, 3-1 to open the season at 2-0, boy things went down the tubes didn't they. I don't expect this one to be particularly close by the end of the 2nd period but NU always plays BC tough at Matthews which has been the Eagles' house of horrors in recent times.

i would not be a bit surprised if you guys came out and played your best game of the year.

northeastern
01-15-2013, 05:03 PM
After our Friday gm at BU (which will not go well for us).. there will not be much more there.

This one sadly, will not be close (or fun, far as the Huskies go).. like our recent matchups at Matthews. Just too bad, but it is what it is this season.

Flatlander14
01-15-2013, 05:34 PM
After our Friday gm at BU (which will not go well for us)

You never know, Northeastern, you never know.

SkinsFan09
01-15-2013, 05:54 PM
I do believe Karlsson should be back though.

sterlippo1
01-15-2013, 08:04 PM
After our Friday gm at BU (which will not go well for us).. there will not be much more there.

same old, same old for you guys and the defeatist attitude.You have had some success against them, finally, recently, so get something done for Christ's sake

Happy Husky
01-15-2013, 08:52 PM
Our Huskies can do this!,I am very excited for the game,a friend gave us tickets,so it will be our first game at Matthews this year:),I understand the frustration,it's well founded,however,this is still the team we love,so let's get loud and cheer them on to victory!!-See you Saturday!!

Also,let's hope for a win against the Terriers Friday (also going to this game with my BU hockey buddy,and I will be wearing my NU jersey proudly,as well as the children in Husky colors!!-Go Huskies!!

BrocktonNU
01-15-2013, 09:58 PM
This game always tears me in two directions, grew up a BC fan, and attending grad school at NU. I'll always have a soft spot for BC but Go Huskies!!!

PPGuru
01-15-2013, 11:24 PM
same old, same old for you guys and the defeatist attitude.You have had some success against them, finally, recently, so get something done for Christ's sake
Sterlippo, when is the last time you saw NU? First game of the year vs BC? This NU team has regressed immensely. You ask for too much.

J.D.
01-15-2013, 11:30 PM
last time cav coached bc at nu, huskies won 3-0. Think it was bc's only loss in a 24 game stretch or something crazy like that. Believe it was 2004

sterlippo1
01-16-2013, 05:49 AM
Sterlippo, when is the last time you saw NU? First game of the year vs BC? This NU team has regressed immensely. You ask for too much.

I haven't seen them but to say they can't beat a team on "any given night" is defeatist and not accurate. There's talent there and more than a little but just not behind the bench which is really where your team needs it...................GO HUSKIES!! (Friday night)

claver2010
01-16-2013, 08:19 AM
Place has been a house of horrors for us lately, get off to tremedously slow starts as well.

I assume the dog house is back from break?

DieHardDog
01-16-2013, 09:06 AM
Place has been a house of horrors for us lately, get off to tremedously slow starts as well.

I assume the dog house is back from break?

Yes. NU back in school. Unfortunately the DogHouse has been lacking a little bit lately - too many international students who don't care about hockey these days.

northeastern
01-16-2013, 10:47 AM
.. too many international students who don't care about hockey these days.

..perform & they will come. This applies to Coaching staff as well. :)

Flatlander14
01-16-2013, 01:57 PM
..perform & they will come.

This applies to other things too

Thiessen'sBetter
01-17-2013, 04:17 PM
After having 0 points in his first 3 games against NU, Gaudreau has 6 (3-3-6) in his last 3. We don't have a d-man who can skate with him so I'd put our most physical D (Lauwers) on him and hit him as much as possible. That worked at the beginning of last year with Bitteto and Eibler (both of whom are much better than Lauwers). NU has developed a solid scoring line with Roy-Pimm-Ferriero. Going to need Karlsson-Vermeersch-Sap to be a factor as well. And if Milner wants to give up another goal from 90 feet, that wouldn't hurt either.

DieHardDog
01-19-2013, 10:22 AM
Well, after last night this game just got a whole lot more interesting. NU was able to hold on to the W over bu 6-5, and UMass took down bc 5-2. Which teams show up tonight? Can't wait.

northeastern
01-19-2013, 03:12 PM
If the usual Rawlings shows up.. it won't matter. Hope Karlsson is back. Win or lose.. team is a whole lot better with him in the line up.

nufan2001
01-19-2013, 08:24 PM
Rawlings is a pathetic excuse for a goalie. They should revoke any Northeastern records in his name just in respect to the other goalies that have played there.

He makes Billy Cundiff look clutch.