PDA

View Full Version : tUMD @ CC - Home Ice Fight

Pages : [1] 2

Biddco
01-14-2013, 10:42 AM
UMD comes into Colorado Springs after a sweep of Michigan Tech while CC had a much needed split in Grand Forks.

Hopefully UMD comes out of there with at least a split...a sweep is possible.

Biddco
01-15-2013, 10:33 AM
bump

gopher wes
01-15-2013, 10:51 AM
bump
How goes it, bro? You look like you need some company in this thread :D

Biddco
01-15-2013, 11:11 AM
How goes it, bro? You look like you need some company in this thread :DI do need company! Things are good and someday I'll make the trip to tSprings...

gopher wes
01-15-2013, 11:26 AM
Since there are no CC fans on this board and pretty much no other UMD fans on USCHO....yeah.

p.s. I wish you guys would talk a little bit in tPB WCHA thread. I like coming over there from time to time to yuck it up with you people.

SCSU Euro
01-15-2013, 11:54 AM
I don't know what's sadder... that Biddco can't get anyone to come to his tea party, or that he thinks home ice is on the line input this series :D

Biddco
01-15-2013, 12:08 PM
Since there are no CC fans on this board and pretty much no other UMD fans on USCHO....yeah.

p.s. I wish you guys would talk a little bit in tPB WCHA thread. I like coming over there from time to time to yuck it up with you people.
Yeah we are a quiet bunch. Yuck it up in the weekly threads!

I don't know what's sadder... that Biddco can't get anyone to come to his tea party, or that he thinks home ice is on the line input this series :DC. St. Cloud fans arguing about absolutely nothing.

dogfan
01-15-2013, 10:27 PM
Camerenisi will crush this weekend and Seidel gets it going again. Three points.

The Rube
01-16-2013, 12:28 AM
I do need company! Things are good and someday I'll make the trip to tSprings...

You really need to. It's not that expensive of a flight (usually around $250 top end or so, round trip). It's a nice city, lots of stuff to do, and lots of good townie places, too.

ronmexico
01-16-2013, 11:26 AM
You really need to. It's not that expensive of a flight (usually around $250 top end or so, round trip). It's a nice city, lots of stuff to do, and lots of good townie places too.

No doubt... :D

Note to fans, the Golden Bee is closed for renovations for like a year or something. :(

dogs2012
01-16-2013, 02:09 PM

Well I'll post on here so Biddy isn't lonely. Not very many people post on tPB anymore, which is sad.

I don't know what's sadder... that Biddco can't get anyone to come to his tea party, or that he thinks home ice is on the line input this series

Well, Biddco's attempt is sad, but this series definitely has some home ice implications.

I think UMD takes 3 points this week. It's going to be tough, but definitely possible.

NickUMD
01-16-2013, 04:24 PM
Anyone know if CC does webcasting of their home games? And if there is a cost involved. Thanks

samboni
01-16-2013, 05:06 PM
This will be the first time in over two months that CC has played a team with a sub-.500 record (vs. Bemidji Nov. 9-10). After a pretty good showing at NoDak, CC could be ready for a break-out type weekend. First home games for the Tigers in over 40 days. A sweep puts the Tigers right in the middle of the battle for home ice.

fireman8
01-16-2013, 07:29 PM
Anyone know if CC does webcasting of their home games? And if there is a cost involved. Thanks

Go to cctigers.com. Follow the link to hockey page. Schedule should be listed and a link to live video for each game. Not sure if there is a cost.

fireman8
01-16-2013, 07:47 PM
This will be the first time in over two months that CC has played a team with a sub-.500 record (vs. Bemidji Nov. 9-10). After a pretty good showing at NoDak, CC could be ready for a break-out type weekend. First home games for the Tigers in over 40 days. A sweep puts the Tigers right in the middle of the battle for home ice.

Tigers are definitely ready for a break out. Offensively they have been consistent and scored a lot. Currently they rank 8th in team offense. Defensively the past few months they have been unbearable to watch at times. Sloppy puck handling and mediocre goaltending have contributed to CC's slide. That being said, they played Nodak very well this weekend and looked much better in their defensive zone. Howe and Thorimbert took the brunt of the criticism early on but they have played better. Most of the blame should shift to the defense. Don't really know much about UMD other than their record says they've struggled a bit as well. Glad the Connellys won't be here. Those guys killed us the past few years. Any UMD fans making the trek down?

Biddco
01-17-2013, 08:42 AM
Tigers are definitely ready for a break out. Offensively they have been consistent and scored a lot. Currently they rank 8th in team offense. Defensively the past few months they have been unbearable to watch at times. Sloppy puck handling and mediocre goaltending have contributed to CC's slide. That being said, they played Nodak very well this weekend and looked much better in their defensive zone. Howe and Thorimbert took the brunt of the criticism early on but they have played better. Most of the blame should shift to the defense. Don't really know much about UMD other than their record says they've struggled a bit as well. Glad the Connellys won't be here. Those guys killed us the past few years. Any UMD fans making the trek down?

This will be the first time in over two months that CC has played a team with a sub-.500 record (vs. Bemidji Nov. 9-10). After a pretty good showing at NoDak, CC could be ready for a break-out type weekend. First home games for the Tigers in over 40 days. A sweep puts the Tigers right in the middle of the battle for home ice.It would seem that both fanbases are feeling confident after the last weekend. perhaps that means a split on the weekend...

And this attempt doesn't look so sad now that we have CC and UMD fans who seldom post...posting!

Biddco
01-17-2013, 08:44 AM
No doubt... :D

Note to fans, the Golden Bee is closed for renovations for like a year or something. :(

You really need to. It's not that expensive of a flight (usually around $250 top end or so, round trip). It's a nice city, lots of stuff to do, and lots of good townie places, too.Townie bars...? Meh...

If the Golden Bee is closed then I am not missing anything. By the time I am able to go to there it will be open.

SCSU Euro
01-17-2013, 09:57 AM
By the time I am able to go to there it will be open.

By the time you go there you'll be 65, and you'll finally look 30.

Strictly_Business
01-17-2013, 08:19 PM
Okay Im here to talk now too. I'm gonna say this will be a very high scoring series. Yup. I went there.

The Rube
01-17-2013, 09:52 PM
Townie bars...? Meh...

If the Golden Bee is closed then I am not missing anything. By the time I am able to go to there it will be open.

By townie I don't mean your backwoods bars. I mean the stuff that tourist people don't know about/etc because they aren't the almighty Bee. :p There's some good eats/drinks to be had.