No announcement yet.

DU @ SCSU: Might As Well Watch Some Hockey Since the NFL Playoffs Went so Well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DU @ SCSU: Might As Well Watch Some Hockey Since the NFL Playoffs Went so Well

DU coming off 3 points at home over UNO and that not only allowed them to catch them in points but gives them the tiebreaker over the Mavericks.

SCSU comes off a bye and a lot of in-house fanbase fighting.

Have at it
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Re: DU @ SCSU: Might As Well Watch Some Hockey Since the NFL Playoffs Went so Well

Does anyone besides CC give a crap about Denver?
    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Re: DU @ SCSU: Might As Well Watch Some Hockey Since the NFL Playoffs Went so Well

Last edited by Dude Love; 01-14-2013, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
        I enjoy watching them play, almost always entertaining games with the Pioneers, but I doubt the "casual" fan here gives a crap.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

I'm always hoping for a Dasher Dancer performance, other than that? Meh. Just another team to me.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Some UND fans claim them to be a bigger rivalry than even Minnesota

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
              Some UND fans claim them to be a bigger rivalry than even Minnesota
              I bet even Robbie Bina has let that go.

Comment

I generally avoid Husky discussion when they've had a rough weekend. Like moms say, "if you haven't got anything nice to say..." Consequently, I've missed all the infighting.

As for this weekend, the Huskies can either hit the gas for a late season run or crash spectacularly in the attempt. There's not a lot of room in the middle. Even a split would be pretty bad, as it would put them behind Denver in the race for the MacNaughton and likely further damage their chances for an at-large NCAA bid. So, in my opinion: ≤ split = bad; ≥ 3pts = good.

Either way, I will be at the game Saturday night drunkenly cheering them on. If they make the Final Five, I'll probably do that too, especially because it'll be their last appearance ever. Of course, I think the new format already took a lot of fun out of the tournament, but I'm hoping that the final year of this iteration of the conference will make for a lively Final Five.
                scsuhockey.com
                CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

There really isn't anything else to say... Go huskies you need at least three points.
                  I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                    There really isn't anything else to say... Go huskies you need at least three points.
                    Sure would like a split in that UND-Minny series too.

Comment

Sure would like a split in that UND-Minny series too.
                      I agree, the hsukies would love for that to happen.
                      I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Just as I suspected... more people were concerned with our Bye than when we play DU.

If we can win this series, ANY result in UND and MN looks good. Sure, a split wouldn't be terrible, but honestly, I think I'd rather we see a sweep either way. Keeping pace with one and jumping four points on the other? That sounds better to me than just gaining two on both, but again, SCSU takes 4 points and I can't complain about any outcome between those two.

Comment

Just as I suspected... more people were concerned with our Bye than when we play DU.

If we can win this series, ANY result in UND and MN looks good. Sure, a split wouldn't be terrible, but honestly, I think I'd rather we see a sweep either way. Keeping pace with one and jumping four points on the other? That sounds better to me than just gaining two on both, but again, SCSU takes 4 points and I can't complain about any outcome between those two.
                          Right. We are only one point back of UND and MN and are two points behind the two teams that we have two games in hand on. There is no point in worrying about what other teams are doing until the last two weeks of the season. Win and everything else will take care of itself.
                          Originally posted by SJHovey
                          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                          Originally posted by Brenthoven
                          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

I guess the Cloudies are more evenly matched against the ever dangerous Bye than the DU Pioneers.

Bye and St Cloud are tied in number of National Championships 0-0. And DU has 7 of those trophies.
                            Broadmoors= Pios 15 Huskies ? probably closer to the Byes Big 0
                            MacNaughtons--Pioneers 12 Cloudies ? might be more than Bye Byes-0

Must be why the rivalry with Bye is so interesting to the average St Cloud fan.
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                              I guess the Cloudies are more evenly matched against the ever dangerous Bye than the DU Pioneers.

Bye and St Cloud are tied in number of National Championships 0-0. And DU has 7 of those trophies.
                              Broadmoors= Pios 15 Huskies ? probably closer to the Byes Big 0
                              MacNaughtons--Pioneers 12 Cloudies ? might be more than Bye Byes-0

Must be why the rivalry with Bye is so interesting to the average St Cloud fan.
                              Or maybe despite all those accolades, you guys have no fans and no one cares about your team. I didn't believe that nobody goes to DU games, but then I went this November, and found out its true. Maybe if you guys didn't build Magness to look like a church people would show up on Friday nights.

Comment

Working...
                              X