PDA

View Full Version : DU @ SCSU: Might As Well Watch Some Hockey Since the NFL Playoffs Went so Well

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

SCSU Euro
01-13-2013, 05:29 PM
DU coming off 3 points at home over UNO and that not only allowed them to catch them in points but gives them the tiebreaker over the Mavericks.

SCSU comes off a bye and a lot of in-house fanbase fighting.

Have at it

Dude Love
01-13-2013, 08:06 PM
Does anyone besides CC give a crap about Denver?

Dude Love
01-13-2013, 08:08 PM
.<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/X1fUqSQFdAI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

First Time, Long Time
01-13-2013, 08:12 PM

I enjoy watching them play, almost always entertaining games with the Pioneers, but I doubt the "casual" fan here gives a crap.

The Rube
01-13-2013, 08:33 PM
I'm always hoping for a Dasher Dancer performance, other than that? Meh. Just another team to me.

SCSU Euro
01-13-2013, 10:06 PM

Some UND fans claim them to be a bigger rivalry than even Minnesota

Dude Love
01-13-2013, 10:11 PM
Some UND fans claim them to be a bigger rivalry than even Minnesota

I bet even Robbie Bina has let that go.

The Exiled One
01-14-2013, 10:31 AM
I generally avoid Husky discussion when they've had a rough weekend. Like moms say, "if you haven't got anything nice to say..." Consequently, I've missed all the infighting.

As for this weekend, the Huskies can either hit the gas for a late season run or crash spectacularly in the attempt. There's not a lot of room in the middle. Even a split would be pretty bad, as it would put them behind Denver in the race for the MacNaughton and likely further damage their chances for an at-large NCAA bid. So, in my opinion: ≤ split = bad; ≥ 3pts = good.

Either way, I will be at the game Saturday night drunkenly cheering them on. If they make the Final Five, I'll probably do that too, especially because it'll be their last appearance ever. Of course, I think the new format already took a lot of fun out of the tournament, but I'm hoping that the final year of this iteration of the conference will make for a lively Final Five.

scsutommyboy
01-14-2013, 01:09 PM
There really isn't anything else to say...:eek: Go huskies you need at least three points.

Dude Love
01-14-2013, 01:11 PM
There really isn't anything else to say...:eek: Go huskies you need at least three points.

Sure would like a split in that UND-Minny series too.

scsutommyboy
01-14-2013, 01:46 PM
Sure would like a split in that UND-Minny series too.

I agree, the hsukies would love for that to happen.

SCSU Euro
01-14-2013, 03:11 PM
Just as I suspected... more people were concerned with our Bye than when we play DU.

If we can win this series, ANY result in UND and MN looks good. Sure, a split wouldn't be terrible, but honestly, I think I'd rather we see a sweep either way. Keeping pace with one and jumping four points on the other? That sounds better to me than just gaining two on both, but again, SCSU takes 4 points and I can't complain about any outcome between those two. :D

Tipsy McStagger
01-14-2013, 03:14 PM
Just as I suspected... more people were concerned with our Bye than when we play DU.

If we can win this series, ANY result in UND and MN looks good. Sure, a split wouldn't be terrible, but honestly, I think I'd rather we see a sweep either way. Keeping pace with one and jumping four points on the other? That sounds better to me than just gaining two on both, but again, SCSU takes 4 points and I can't complain about any outcome between those two. :D

Right. We are only one point back of UND and MN and are two points behind the two teams that we have two games in hand on. There is no point in worrying about what other teams are doing until the last two weeks of the season. Win and everything else will take care of itself.

vizoroo
01-14-2013, 04:05 PM

I guess the Cloudies are more evenly matched against the ever dangerous Bye than the DU Pioneers.

Bye and St Cloud are tied in number of National Championships 0-0. And DU has 7 of those trophies. :)
Broadmoors= Pios 15 Huskies ? probably closer to the Byes Big 0 :rolleyes:
MacNaughtons--Pioneers 12 Cloudies ? might be more than Bye Byes-0 :p

Must be why the rivalry with Bye is so interesting to the average St Cloud fan. :D

SCSU Euro
01-14-2013, 04:48 PM
I guess the Cloudies are more evenly matched against the ever dangerous Bye than the DU Pioneers.

Bye and St Cloud are tied in number of National Championships 0-0. And DU has 7 of those trophies. :)
Broadmoors= Pios 15 Huskies ? probably closer to the Byes Big 0 :rolleyes:
MacNaughtons--Pioneers 12 Cloudies ? might be more than Bye Byes-0 :p

Must be why the rivalry with Bye is so interesting to the average St Cloud fan. :D

Or maybe despite all those accolades, you guys have no fans and no one cares about your team. I didn't believe that nobody goes to DU games, but then I went this November, and found out its true. Maybe if you guys didn't build Magness to look like a church people would show up on Friday nights.

The Exiled One
01-14-2013, 05:09 PM
Or maybe despite all those accolades, you guys have no fans and no one cares about your team. I didn't believe that nobody goes to DU games, but then I went this November, and found out its true. Maybe if you guys didn't build Magness to look like a church people would show up on Friday nights.
It may help to upgrade Magness from candle light to light bulbs too.

du78
01-14-2013, 05:17 PM

http://www.uscho.com/stats/attendance/division-i-men/2012-2013/

The attendance stats say you are wrong. DU has the 10th largest average attendance, highers than SCSU's 16th and is at 89.0% capacity which is better than SCSU's 74.9%. DU's capacity of 89% is higher than Wisconsin's, BC's, Michigan's, and BU's to name a few. DU is ranked 18th in capacity percentage to SCSU's 31st ranking.

Fighting Sioux 23
01-14-2013, 05:23 PM

The attendance stats say you are wrong. DU has the 10th largest average attendance, highers than SCSU's 16th and is at 89.0% capacity which is better than SCSU's 74.9%. DU's capacity of 89% is higher than Wisconsin's, BC's, Michigan's, and BU's to name a few. DU is ranked 18th in capacity percentage to SCSU's 31st ranking.

So what you're saying is that DU has the worst attendance by capacity in Colorado? :p:D:D

FWIW, Denver's attendance numbers should improve after their next 3 home games against CC and North Dakota.

du78
01-14-2013, 05:28 PM
So what you're saying is that DU has the worst attendance by capacity in Colorado? :p:D:D

FWIW, Denver's attendance numbers should improve after their next 3 home games against CC and North Dakota.

We are #3 :D :) ;)

SCSU Euro
01-14-2013, 06:53 PM

Against SCSU they listed their attendance as 4,400 and 5,500. If you were at the series and think there were even 7,500 in attendance for the two nights combined, then I have a wonderful trade opportunity for you: Tim Daly for David Makowski!