No announcement yet.

DU @ SCSU: Might As Well Watch Some Hockey Since the NFL Playoffs Went so Well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DU @ SCSU: Might As Well Watch Some Hockey Since the NFL Playoffs Went so Well

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    Nobody said our team is more important. I just said you guys get more fans at your cross country skiing meets than hockey games
    Exactly. I never said we were important. I said nobody cares about DU.
    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Re: DU @ SCSU: Might As Well Watch Some Hockey Since the NFL Playoffs Went so Well

This is now turning out to be the battle of who cares less. I like it.
      Originally posted by Skeeterman
      Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
      "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Denver looks to extend their unbeaten streak to 6 after falling-off the tracks at the midway point. Likewise SCSU will hope to pick themselves up and start a new streak this weekend. Could be a season defining series for either team, but I think St. Cloud needs it more. Will Motzko be able to motivate his team for a second-half run?

Prediction: DU comes away with 3 points.

Prediction #2: I get negative rep for having an honest opinion.
        Last edited by GopherFan89; 01-15-2013, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
          This is now turning out to be the battle of who cares less. I like it.
          I like it, too.

Originally posted by SJHovey
          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
          Originally posted by Brenthoven
          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

I'm sad that Dakota Mermis is gone. His name sounds like something you want your girlfriend to do, but just can't get the nerve to ask.

Comment

St. Cloud?

Two things come to mind a mattress commercial & a movie about some guy named Charlie.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                But Dude, you really should care since you joined the like minded schools.
                GO DU !!!

Comment

DU Game Notes for the SCSU series this weekend.
                  DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                    But Dude, you really should care since you joined the like minded schools.
                    We're "conference rivals" now, but I still don't give a crap.
                    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Huge rivalry weekend. It doesn't get anymore like-minded than DU and SCSU.

Comment

Since it's Wednesday does that mean someone should mention hockey?
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

Hockey.

Comment

How much does St. Cloud "care" about DU?
                            Tickets are buy one get one online.
                            Yeah, big rival.
                            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                              Nobody said our team is more important. I just said you guys get more fans at your cross country skiing meets than hockey games
                              Hence the ? after the word important. I knew it wasn't the right word, I just couldn't find the right one.
                              Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                              This may be, but when you lead off with a comment like "Does anyone other than CC care about Denver?" it does tend to make it appear that you think someone outside your own town cares about your team, because why would you woof about our team unless you think your team is better? Just sayin...

The fact is, very few people that I interact with on a daily basis know that DU has a hockey team, or that they have, historically speaking, one of the best hockey teams in the country. It's not even terribly unusual to run across someone in Denver who doesn't know where DU is, which amuses me because you can't drive across town on I-25 without driving right past it. There are some reasons why DU attendance may pick up in coming years, but as far as most Denver people are concerned, if you ain't the Broncos, and you didn't win a championship last season, we don't much care about you. It would be interesting to see a poll on how people attending any given Colorado Avalanche game know which player on their roster went to DU.
                              Last edited by duper; 01-16-2013, 11:22 PM.

Comment

You're thinking of Thursday
                                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Working...
                                X