PDA

View Full Version : DU @ SCSU: Might As Well Watch Some Hockey Since the NFL Playoffs Went so Well

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

duper
01-14-2013, 07:04 PM
Does anyone besides CC give a crap about Denver?:rolleyes:

It's good to know right away that this thread has no value. Now I don't need to waste precious seconds of my life checking it. :D

Fighting Sioux 23
01-14-2013, 07:20 PM
Some UND fans claim them to be a bigger rivalry than even Minnesota

This one included.

Dude Love
01-14-2013, 07:48 PM
I guess the Cloudies are more evenly matched against the ever dangerous Bye than the DU Pioneers.

Bye and St Cloud are tied in number of National Championships 0-0. And DU has 7 of those trophies. :)
Broadmoors= Pios 15 Huskies ? probably closer to the Byes Big 0 :rolleyes:
MacNaughtons--Pioneers 12 Cloudies ? might be more than Bye Byes-0 :p

Must be why the rivalry with Bye is so interesting to the average St Cloud fan. :D

You took the time to write this drivel but couldn't even manage doing 4 seconds worth of research to see that we do indeed have ONE Broadmoor Trophy to our credit?

duper
01-14-2013, 09:19 PM
You took the time to write this drivel but couldn't even manage doing 4 seconds worth of research to see that we do indeed have ONE Broadmoor Trophy to our credit?Why would St. Cloud be worth that kind of time commitment? :D

First Time, Long Time
01-14-2013, 11:47 PM
Why would St. Cloud be worth that kind of time commitment? :D

You likely wouldn't be worth the time commitment, but we would at least do our homework. :)

The Rube
01-14-2013, 11:50 PM
You took the time to write this drivel but couldn't even manage doing 4 seconds worth of research to see that we do indeed have ONE Broadmoor Trophy to our credit?

You know what else you have one of? NCAA tourney wins. :D

(my deepest apologies; it was such a softball, I HAD to say it)

SCSU Euro
01-15-2013, 12:25 AM
You know what else you have one of? NCAA tourney wins. :D

(my deepest apologies; it was such a softball, I HAD to say it)

But admit it... how many hours of research did it take for you to look that up?

The Rube
01-15-2013, 12:32 AM
But admit it... how many hours of research did it take for you to look that up?

About 2 seconds of remembering, since an NMU fan was hanging out with us at the time of the win. :p

duper
01-15-2013, 12:42 AM
You likely wouldn't be worth the time commitment, but we would at least do our homework. :)Fair enough. :) I just think the idea that St. Cloud fans think of their team as somehow more ... I don't know ... important? than ours is just darling.

Edit: And apparently I lied earlier about not checking this thread. I forgot how amusing it is when fans of a team that has basically never done anything of note start woofing about another team. :D

SCSU Euro
01-15-2013, 12:47 AM
Fair enough. :) I just think the idea that St. Cloud fans think of their team as somehow more ... I don't know ... important? than ours is just darling.

Edit: And apparently I lied earlier about not checking this thread. I forgot how amusing it is when fans of a team that has basically never done anything of note start woofing about another team. :D

Nobody said our team is more important. I just said you guys get more fans at your cross country skiing meets than hockey games

Dude Love
01-15-2013, 01:05 AM
Nobody said our team is more important. I just said you guys get more fans at your cross country skiing meets than hockey games

Exactly. I never said we were important. I said nobody cares about DU. :)

Lady wore Black
01-15-2013, 07:22 AM
This is now turning out to be the battle of who cares less. I like it. :cool:

GopherFan89
01-15-2013, 11:01 AM
Denver looks to extend their unbeaten streak to 6 after falling-off the tracks at the midway point. Likewise SCSU will hope to pick themselves up and start a new streak this weekend. Could be a season defining series for either team, but I think St. Cloud needs it more. Will Motzko be able to motivate his team for a second-half run?

Prediction: DU comes away with 3 points.

Prediction #2: I get negative rep for having an honest opinion.

Tipsy McStagger
01-15-2013, 12:06 PM
This is now turning out to be the battle of who cares less. I like it. :cool:
I like it, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y1wm7CFRCQ

Duder
01-15-2013, 01:31 PM
I'm sad that Dakota Mermis is gone. His name sounds like something you want your girlfriend to do, but just can't get the nerve to ask.

dggoddard
01-15-2013, 02:20 PM
St. Cloud?

Two things come to mind a mattress commercial & a movie about some guy named Charlie.

vizoroo
01-15-2013, 03:10 PM
Exactly. I never said we were important. I said nobody cares about DU. :)
But Dude, you really should care since you joined the like minded schools. :)

du78
01-15-2013, 04:19 PM
DU Game Notes (https://www.nmnathletics.com//pdf8/1149685.pdf?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=18600) for the SCSU series this weekend.

Dude Love
01-15-2013, 11:35 PM
But Dude, you really should care since you joined the like minded schools. :)

We're "conference rivals" now, but I still don't give a crap. :)

Pump It Up
01-16-2013, 03:38 PM
Huge rivalry weekend. It doesn't get anymore like-minded than DU and SCSU.