Big 10 HC Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Big 10 HC Rules

As long as scheduling games in Alaska comes with the 2 extra games in your season bonus...yes. Just a few years ago we went up to Anchorage for the ice breaker tournament. I also believe Red values the Alaska trips as a good opportunity for team building.

There will be more room for non-conference games with the B1G schedule. The question will be how many of those non-conference games will be scheduled away?

Now, can we take this thread in a different direction and talk about the real problem? What refs will the B1G get? Is Piotrowski gonna bring in all his CCHA favs? Can we please not hire Sergott?
    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
    7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
      As long as scheduling games in Alaska comes with the 2 extra games in your season bonus...yes. Just a few years ago we went up to Anchorage for the ice breaker tournament. I also believe Red values the Alaska trips as a good opportunity for team building.

There will be more room for non-conference games with the B1G schedule. The question will be how many of those non-conference games will be scheduled away?

Now, can we take this thread in a different direction and talk about the real problem? What refs will the B1G get? Is Piotrowski gonna bring in all his CCHA favs? Can we please not hire Sergott?
      You can have as many ECAC refs as you like.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Wordis the Big will hire the best refs. Lol
        Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Thankfully the NCHC already locked up Don "I'm just making it up as I go" Adam.

Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 01-14-2013, 02:01 PM.
          @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
          On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
          High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            You can have as many ECAC refs as you like.
            We've got a few you can have. Bunyon comes to mind. Which reminds me of a favorite cheer when someone other than Bunyon is having a bad game: "We want Bunyon!" A two-fer.
            bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
            SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
            All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
            A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
              Wordis the Big will hire the best refs. Lol
              There are good refs in college hockey?
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                Thankfully the NCHC already locked up Don "I'm just making it up as I go" Adam.

We did that to save the all of the conferences from getting him on the ice...therefore, you all owe us a debt of gratitude.
                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                Originally posted by Quizmire
                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                  We did that to save the all of the conferences from getting him on the ice...therefore, you all owe us a debt of gratitude.
                  You have my thanks
                  @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                  On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                  High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

I heard that the Big Ten is losing its division names of "Leaders" and "Legends." Are they even going to have the Big Ten Hockey Conference anymore?
                    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      You can have all the ECAC refs if you like.
                      fyp
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                      Northeast Regional:
                      West Regional: 2015, 2021
                      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                        I heard that the Big Ten is losing its division names of "Leaders" and "Legends." Are they even going to have the Big Ten Hockey Conference anymore?
                        Those divisions are only for football.
                        ---
                        National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                        Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                        19 Conference Championships
                        10 Conference Tournament Championships
                        2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                          I'm sure he's happy for that bit of trivia, but you didn't answer his question. I'm pretty sure the BTHC was abandoned along with the division nicknames. It's the only thing that really makes sense.
                          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

I think that the smaller conferences losing the Big Name schools that are going to the BTHC, will suffer to some extent because of this, but that the positives of winning more Conf Titles because of not having to beat one of those big name teams and it being easier to get to the NCAA tournament, will offset those negatives.

Also, 5 years from now, when those teams that are well established are competing in a sport with more teams because teams like Nebraska and Illinois started up programs because of the now created BTHC, they will be ahead of the game in comparison to those new schools. It's possible some schools will drop hockey, but I really hope that doesn't happen. I personally can see a future with a West Coast Hockey Conf, a BTHC with 10 teams or more in it, and maybe even a SouthEasternHockeyConf also resulting in a 20 team NCAA field. All of that fb money they are making, well, who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                              Whoosh

Originally posted by Back2BackU-MnPride2002 View Post
                              I think that the smaller conferences losing the Big Name schools that are going to the BTHC, will suffer to some extent because of this, but that the positives of winning more Conf Titles because of not having to beat one of those big name teams and it being easier to get to the NCAA tournament, will offset those negatives.

Also, 5 years from now, when those teams that are well established are competing in a sport with more teams because teams like Nebraska and Illinois started up programs because of the now created BTHC, they will be ahead of the game in comparison to those new schools. It's possible some schools will drop hockey, but I really hope that doesn't happen. I personally can see a future with a West Coast Hockey Conf, a BTHC with 10 teams or more in it, and maybe even a SouthEasternHockeyConf also resulting in a 20 team NCAA field. All of that fb money they are making, well, who knows?
                              I'll take a dimebag of whatever you're holding.
                              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                                fyp
                                I apologize for the error.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X