Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Big 10 HC Rules

I like turtles
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      Ummm....

Big Ten Network
      Silly gurt, bringing logic into an discussion with SIM. What are you thinking?

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
      Twenty red lights in his honor
      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
        This year they aren't. Correct. Are you suggesting that we should base all long-term prognosises on a single year sample size? Or would you like to cherry pick a different time frame?
        How many years of OSU, MSU and Wisconsin having poor seasons do you want me to show you?
        Originally posted by SJHovey
        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
        Originally posted by Brenthoven
        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
          How many years of OSU, MSU and Wisconsin having poor seasons do you want me to show you?
          You could show him 10,000 years and it wouldn't make a difference. Arguing with the insane doesn't work...trust me.
          North Dakota
          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

How many years of SCSU, UMD and WMU sucking do you want me to show you?

Comment

Originally posted by siouxinminny View Post
              If I were a talented player trying to decide which school to attend ... which conference would be more attractive?
              Hockey East.
              Which conference has more coaches that the NHL respects?
              Hockey East.
              Where are more of the top-end players going?
              Hockey East.
              bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
              SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
              All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
              A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

You guys are all like jilted ex-lovers.

Comment

If I were a talented player trying to decide which school to attend ... which conference would be more attractive? Which conference has more coaches that the NHL respects? Where are more of the top-end players going? For perspective, Ohio State and Penn State are nothing more than the Alaska-Anchorage and Michigan Tech. And that's 1/3 of the new Big 10 conference. It doesn't matter that they have 50,000 more students on campus.

Can we pretend for just one second that some of the top end college hockey recruits might look at more than just the hockey programs when picking a University. Things like academics, student life, and the value of a diploma from a B1G university also factor into the decisions of some young men.

Comment

Here's the way I look at it:

Once the realignments begin next season, some teams are going to be good most of the time, some teams are going to be mediocre most of the time, and other teams are going to suck most of the time in any of these new leagues (Nacho, B1G, nWCHA). The teams that suck most of the time are sometimes going to be good or mediocre and the teams that are good are occasionally going to be mediocre. The mediocre teams in turn will occasionally be good or suck. Whatever league your team is in there are going to be top dogs, bottom feeders or Jan Brady--most of the time, some of the time, anytime.

As long as these institutions can afford to do what it takes to produce a team you're going to watch and support your team whether they're on the top, on the bottom, or in the middle.
                    NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

The Big 10 Network is like the NPR of radio. It doesn't matter.
                      A Fan of the UND Fighting Sioux!! Sioux the NCAA!

Comment

jealous much?
                        Originally posted by CavalryNate
                        Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                        sigpic

Comment

7 > 6
                          There are more Big 10 men's soccer teams than men's hockey teams.

Comment

Golly gee, may Rutgers and Maryland will join the Big 10 hockey conference!

We can officially rename it the Training Wheel Conference. Graduates can move on to a good 2-wheel conference like HE or the NCHC.

Any Big 10 school that wants to add a hockey team has automatic acceptance in to the Big 10 Hockey Conference. Now that is elitist!

Comment

I don't know. How many poor seasons by NCHC teamsdo you need to see?

Comment

the big 10 network is like the npr of radio. It doesn't matter.
                                lol!

Comment

Working...
                                X