This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
    As are you Whioux fans. Never give credit to the opponent. It had to be you lost cause you played bad. Nope. You met a better, deeper team with a better goalie.
    They like sour grapes I guess.
    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

• Re: North Dakota at Minnesota 1/18-1/19 - Just Ring The F*ing Bell You Pansy

As a Sioux fan, I hate to agree with Koho, but he's right. Minny is the better team this year, that's the way college hockey goes. I do believe tho, that this team is underachieving, given the individual talent they have. I see goaltending as one of the most glaring soft spots. There was a reason Saunders was at Alabama-Huntsville and we are seeing it first hand: he's not that good. Can't put the entire blame on him, but it's a big part of the failure. I say start Gothberg tonight, there is nothing to lose, because they will
      probably lose with Saunders in goal anyway, and it gives him a chance to be in a big game. I disagree with FS23; I thought ND played fairly well, skated pretty well, just got beat and Wilcox looked amazing. Just throw the puck on net more often and something might go in. Good teams find a way to score, and that's the only way to beat Minny, as they finally have all the pieces that have been missing the last few years. Will really miss this series in the years to come, but wont miss all the flaming by both sides here!
      As with all things, a little is good, more is not necessarily better.
      "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." Bilbo Baggins

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
        You Gopher fans are a hoot.
        Arrogant. We are arrogant.
        Geesh, you can't even get that right.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
        Twenty red lights in his honor
        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

You Gopher fans are a hoot.

Hopefully we get a better game on the ice tonight from both sides. Last game in this series, and the fans deserve both teams playing at their best.
          I still say that if both teams play at their best the Gophers win almost every time. 9 of 10 or higher. I think every line of the Gophers are better than the same line on the Whioux. Not always a big gap but the Whioux don't win any comparisons. The Whioux looked, to me, like they have in the other games I have seen.

Grimaldi looked just like he did at the Juniors. Fast but not dangerous. He needs to learn to pass and not cycle by himself. Maybe he should have sat on the bench last night so he could have a shot at scoring tonight.

The only player that played Sioux hockey was Pattyn (included the fit as he was kicked out). The entire team DID spend more time whining to the refs than focusing on hockey. Let's hope that keeps up.
          Bottom Line: If you deserve to win the national championship then don't worry about who you play, when, and where. Just keep winning.
          Exception: You are right about the refs. They, no doubt, have it in for <insert your team name here>!

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
            Arrogant. We are arrogant.
            Geesh, you can't even get that right.

Thanks for setting him straight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hock Puckly View Post
              As a Sioux fan, I hate to agree with Koho, but he's right. Minny is the better team this year, that's the way college hockey goes. I do believe tho, that this team is underachieving, given the individual talent they have. I see goaltending as one of the most glaring soft spots. There was a reason Saunders was at Alabama-Huntsville and we are seeing it first hand: he's not that good. Can't put the entire blame on him, but it's a big part of the failure. I say start Gothberg tonight, there is nothing to lose, because they will
              probably lose with Saunders in goal anyway, and it gives him a chance to be in a big game. I disagree with FS23; I thought ND played fairly well, skated pretty well, just got beat and Wilcox looked amazing. Just throw the puck on net more often and something might go in. Good teams find a way to score, and that's the only way to beat Minny, as they finally have all the pieces that have been missing the last few years. Will really miss this series in the years to come, but wont miss all the flaming by both sides here!
              I'm going to really miss the rivalry too, but have faith that they'll find a way to play each other regularly in the near future. This rivalry is too good not to.

Comment

Originally posted by Hock Puckly View Post
                really miss this series in the years to come, but wont miss all the flaming by both sides here!
                We have to unload our stores now while it makes sense. It doesn't hurt as much when you take a shot at a team about something that happened 4 years ago.

For most, this is just good clean fun. I know I will miss it. UND fans are one of the few fan bases that will get riled up. Kind of like Boston's.
                Bottom Line: If you deserve to win the national championship then don't worry about who you play, when, and where. Just keep winning.
                Exception: You are right about the refs. They, no doubt, have it in for <insert your team name here>!

Comment

• Originally posted by gopheritall View Post
                  I still say that if both teams play at their best the Gophers win almost every time. 9 of 10 or higher. I think every line of the Gophers are better than the same line on the Whioux. Not always a big gap but the Whioux don't win any comparisons. The Whioux looked, to me, like they have in the other games I have seen.

Grimaldi looked just like he did at the Juniors. Fast but not dangerous. He needs to learn to pass and not cycle by himself. Maybe he should have sat on the bench last night so he could have a shot at scoring tonight.

The only player that played Sioux hockey was Pattyn (included the fit as he was kicked out). The entire team DID spend more time whining to the refs than focusing on hockey. Let's hope that keeps up.
                  Absurd. While I think the Gophers are the better team, to say they would win 9 out of 10 games is absurd. The Gophers would have lost to UAA last friday without a questionable call at the end of the game. UND was tied with the Gophers in the standings for a reason. They are a good team. If they get a little more luck tonight, they can win. And the Gophers will have to put a hold on the banners they seem to be already starting to raise.
                  Originally posted by SJHovey
                  Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                  Originally posted by Brenthoven
                  We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by gopheritall View Post
                    While I agree the Gophs have more talent overall, this is hockey. The only time you see a team win 9 of 10 is when you have a dramatic difference in skill. Everyone here can recall games where the team that played better lost, based on hot goaltending and a lucky bounce or two. That is why it is so hard to win the NC. The winner isn't always the most talented, but rather the one with the most momentum. I think these teams are closer than you give them credit. MN has a little more depth, a little better D and better goaltending, but UND is pretty even with them in top end talent, which is a huge part of the game. All it takes is a couple extra penalties or bounces (like broken sticks by a D) and the balance can tip the other way. I expect a close one tonight.

On another note, I wonder if the Sioux fan who at the beginning of the year was saying Budish wasn't very good and couldn't make the UND second line has changed his opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                      As are you Whioux fans. Never give credit to the opponent. It had to be you lost cause you played bad. Nope. You met a better, deeper team with a better goalie.
                      Nope...just can never give credit to the opponent

Minnesota played well. As I've said many times, they are a pretty consistent group. They didn't play lights out tonight, but they didn't need to either.
                      It is a difficult environment to play in, and Minnesota is a high-quality team.
                      Wilcox came up with some nice saves to keep the Gophers ahead. The Shorty was a combination of bad luck and just a great play by Condon.

The first goal was a very good shot by Budish. The 2nd goal was a softie for Saunders, but he certainly didn't get bailed out by his teammates the way he should...that was the back breaker (as I said in the Score Updates thread at the time). The 3rd goal was a weird deflection, and again, the Condon shorty was just a great shot
                      Yeah, he [Wilcox] was the best player on the ice tonight. He looked really sharp, and came up big the few times he was truly tested. The only goal was a weird deflection of his own player...not his fault. He played well enough to earn a shutout.
                      Minnesota was the better team, deserved to win, played well enough to win, although not great, Wilcox was rock solid
                      North Dakota
                      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Like I said, if North Dakota put together a decent performance, they would have won tonight. That should tell you how poorly they played.
                        That's the single most preposterous thing I have read in this thread.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          Pretty much.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                            Absurd. While I think the Gophers are the better team, to say they would win 9 out of 10 games is absurd. The Gophers would have lost to UAA last friday without a questionable call at the end of the game. UND was tied with the Gophers in the standings for a reason. They are a good team. If they get a little more luck tonight, they can win. And the Gophers will have to put a hold on the banners they seem to be already starting to raise.
                            Wrong. You have no way of knowing if the Gophers would have lost to UAA, there was still 4 minutes or so left in the 3rd (plenty of time to tie it up) and good teams capitalize on others mistakes. No one is hanging banners yet, that is what Jan Brady U does not the Gophers, sorry sport.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              The sky is yellow and the earth is flat. (Do I win now?)

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Yeah. I'll admit that probably isn't true, and was more of a reaction to my team's performance. Hyperbole happens.
                                North Dakota
                                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X