Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: North Dakota at Minnesota 1/18-1/19 - Just Ring The F*ing Bell You Pansy

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
    Lol he is a lawyer.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      Horse hockey. UND didn't play great, but they had stretches in which UM was on their heels and I am not going to dig up the comments but your fans have said the same thing about recent performances. I'm not going to proclaim the Gophers are 4 goals better than UND, but the certainly didn't play their best game either for at least portions of those first two periods and Wilcos bailed them out several times over. You're a better analyst than this kind of comment - the Gophers should have been viewed as the better team coming into this series and at least for one game proved it.
      I've consistently said that Minnesota was the better team tonight, and I agree that Minnesota didn't play particularly well...with the exception of Wilcox.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Good news: A busload of lawyers just went off a cliff. Bad news: there were a couple empty seats.

Comment

I was wondering why the game wasn't closer, then saw Mitch MacMillan on the first line.
          Originally posted by SJHovey
          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
          Originally posted by Brenthoven
          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
            I was wondering why the game wasn't closer, then saw Mitch MacMillan on the first line.
            Yeah, Hakstol seems to like Mitch Mac playing up with those guys. Personally, I'd like to see Mark Mac up on the top line, and then have Rowney center Parks and Grimaldi. Mitch Mac isn't a 1st line player at this level...we'll see if he's up there again tomorrow.
            North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC
              Heellllooo!! Nobody is saying every mistake was the result of the Gopher's play. How dumb can you be and still breathe?
              That's what he is saying. Not every UND mistake was the result of the Gopher's play.

There's hope for you yet, Harley.
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                FWIW, I'm done arguing this.
                Awwww... Can you please give us one more chance and repeat the same crap over and over again just 3 or 4 more times?

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                  Yeah, Hakstol seems to like Mitch Mac playing up with those guys. Personally, I'd like to see Mark Mac up on the top line, and then have Rowney center Parks and Grimaldi. Mitch Mac isn't a 1st line player at this level...we'll see if he's up there again tomorrow.
                  Mitch Mac played pretty well on that line against CC, I think that's why. I think the line has been at it's best with Mark MacMillan playing up there.

Pattyn, I think, needs to sit tomorrow for Colten St. Clair.
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                    Mitch Mac played pretty well on that line against CC, I think that's why. I think the line has been at it's best with Mark MacMillan playing up there.

Pattyn, I think, needs to sit tomorrow for Colten St. Clair.
                    Yeah, St. Clair I think could really blossom with more playing time. He has a lot of the raw skills required to be a solid contributor at this level, but he needs to get game time.
                    North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                      That's what he is saying. Not every UND mistake was the result of the Gopher's play.

There's hope for you yet, Harley.
                      Why don't you ask him directly if that's what he means?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                        Harley appears to be going with the JDubbs defense of not proving any evidence to back up his claim.
                        Check the TV ratings I don't have!
                        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                          Check the TV ratings I don't have!
                          Tell me where to find them and I'll post them. I'd love to find and post them. It's probably an even bigger disparity than I'm imagining.

Are you saying you think UND has higher TV ratings? And if so, why aren't more UND games televised? Why no HD?
                          Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 01-19-2013, 01:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                            Tell me where to find them and I'll post them. I'd love to find and post them. It's probably an even bigger disparity than I'm imagining.

Are you saying you think UND has higher TV ratings? And if so, why aren't more UND games televised? Why no HD?
                            No, I just know they aren't public. Nielsen makes their money by selling the numbers. I don't know who has higher ratings. And neither do you. You shouldn't use that as part of your argument.

Comment

UND gets to claim most followed because their arena seats more people and Wisconsin sucked hard to begin the season.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                                No, I just know they aren't public. Nielsen makes their money by selling the numbers. I don't know who has higher ratings. And neither do you. You shouldn't use that as part of your argument.
                                Like I said, without seeing the numbers, I'm pretty confident the Gophers ratings are higher. They have more games televised and the games have a higher production quality, including HD broadcasts. They are in a much bigger market.

Regardless, the same argument goes both ways. If UND fans can't provide TV ratings either, I can just as easily say their claim to be "the most followed team in North America" (and they made the claim first) is equally unsupported. Disagree?

Comment

Working...
                                X