PDA

View Full Version : North Dakota at Minnesota 1/18-1/19 - Just Ring The F*ing Bell You Pansy

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

dxmnkd316
01-19-2013, 10:52 AM
Like I said, if North Dakota put together a decent performance, they would have won tonight. That should tell you how poorly they played.

That's the single most preposterous thing I have read in this thread.

SanTropez
01-19-2013, 10:54 AM
Absurd. While I think the Gophers are the better team, to say they would win 9 out of 10 games is absurd. The Gophers would have lost to UAA last friday without a questionable call at the end of the game. UND was tied with the Gophers in the standings for a reason. They are a good team. If they get a little more luck tonight, they can win. And the Gophers will have to put a hold on the banners they seem to be already starting to raise.

Wrong. You have no way of knowing if the Gophers would have lost to UAA, there was still 4 minutes or so left in the 3rd (plenty of time to tie it up) and good teams capitalize on others mistakes. No one is hanging banners yet, that is what Jan Brady U does not the Gophers, sorry sport.

mnstate0fhockey

Pretty much.

Koho

The sky is yellow and the earth is flat. (Do I win now?)

Fighting Sioux 23
01-19-2013, 10:55 AM

Yeah. I'll admit that probably isn't true, and was more of a reaction to my team's performance. Hyperbole happens.

mnstate0fhockey
01-19-2013, 10:56 AM
Absurd. While I think the Gophers are the better team, to say they would win 9 out of 10 games is absurd. The Gophers would have lost to UAA last friday without a questionable call at the end of the game. UND was tied with the Gophers in the standings for a reason. They are a good team. If they get a little more luck tonight, they can win. And the Gophers will have to put a hold on the banners they seem to be already starting to raise.

Worst case scenario that "questionable call" was only a minor and the Gophers tie the game and go to overtime with momentum.

Tipsy McStagger
On another note, I wonder if the Sioux fan who at the beginning of the year was saying Budish wasn't very good and couldn't make the UND second line has changed his opinion.
To be fair, he didn't know Mitch MacMillan would be on the first line. Had he known that he would have tried to get Josh Birkholz another year of eligibility and recommended him for captain.

SanTropez

How about "North Dakota plays clean Hockey" ... winner winner.

Tipsy McStagger
01-19-2013, 11:03 AM
Wrong. You have no way of knowing if the Gophers would have lost to UAA, there was still 4 minutes or so left in the 3rd (plenty of time to tie it up) and good teams capitalize on others mistakes. No one is hanging banners yet, that is what Jan Brady U does not the Gophers, sorry sport.

Yeah, they capitalized. Doesn't mean they would have scored even strength. Just saying obviously UAA was in position to win the game with 5 minutes left. So maybe they beat the Gophers 1 or maybe 2 times out of ten. So to say the Gophers beat UND 9 out of 10 games is PREPOSTEROUS.

Is your hypothetical banner that "Jan Brady U" is hanging going next to the "Yay, we beat the Gophers. Our season is complete" banner that you Gophers fans have imagined.

Koho
01-19-2013, 11:04 AM
By the way, watching the Eagan goalie, I think since the Goph don't get to play outside today, in the spirit of Hockey Day in MN, Wilcox should wear a stocking cap over his helmet.

SanTropez
01-19-2013, 11:05 AM
Yeah, they capitalized. Doesn't mean they would have scored even strength. Just saying obviously UAA was in position to win the game with 5 minutes left. So maybe they beat the Gophers 1 or maybe 2 times out of ten. So to say the Gophers beat UND 9 out of 10 games is PREPOSTEROUS.

Is your hypothetical banner that "Jan Brady U" is hanging going next to the "Yay, we beat the Gophers. Our season is complete" banner that you Gophers fans have imagined.

That banner as well as the "we won an NCAA game" banner, yep.

Tipsy McStagger
01-19-2013, 11:06 AM
Worst case scenario that "questionable call" was only a minor and the Gophers tie the game and go to overtime with momentum.

I would say "worst case scenario" is that the refs decide the Gopher player turned his back as the UAA player got there, they call nothing, and the Gophers lose 3-2. But I guess in your world, there is no possible way the Gophers lose to UAA, so if they were down 5-0, they probably still squeak out a tie.

dxmnkd316
01-19-2013, 11:06 AM

Compared to what he said, no, you're going to have to do a HELL of a lot better...

Koho
01-19-2013, 11:07 AM
Compared to what he said, no, you're going to have to do a HELL of a lot better...

Yeah, I give up.

mnstate0fhockey
01-19-2013, 11:09 AM
I would say "worst case scenario" is that the refs decide the Gopher player turned his back as the UAA player got there, they call nothing, and the Gophers lose 3-2. But I guess in your world, there is no possible way the Gophers lose to UAA, so if they were down 5-0, they probably still squeak out a tie.

I heard no one question whether it was a penalty. You could have called boarding, charging, or an elbow. Controversy was whether it was a major. And bottom line, Gophers capitalized. The refs didn't put the goals on the board. Give credit where do.

And show me where I said the Gophers are incapable of losing to Anchorage? Seriously, this is getting comical.

Tipsy McStagger
01-19-2013, 11:12 AM
I heard no one question whether it was a penalty. You could have called boarding, charging, or an elbow. Controversy was whether it was a major. And bottom line, Gophers capitalized. The refs didn't put the goals on the board. Give credit where do.

And show me where I said the Gophers are incapable of losing to Anchorage? Seriously, this is getting comical.
Okay, now let's get back to my point. Do you think the Gophers beat UND 9 times out of 10?

Tipsy McStagger
01-19-2013, 11:13 AM
That banner as well as the "we won an NCAA game" banner, yep.
I think the imaginary banners now outnumber the actual banners that St. Cloud State has hanging.

dxmnkd316
01-19-2013, 11:14 AM
Okay, now let's get back to my point. Do you think the Gophers beat UND 9 times out of 10?

Yes.

Fighting Sioux 23
01-19-2013, 11:16 AM

But what if UND changes their name to the Fighting Ditka's? :p:D:D

mnstate0fhockey
01-19-2013, 11:17 AM

No, but I don't see any situation where they lose that game against Anchorage either. Which was my point.

I think the Gophers are better than UND, but not 9/10 games better. Like I said before, the Gophers and UND are pretty evenly matched offensively. Gophers might be a little bit deeper offensively. But the Gophers are a better defensive team, especially when it comes to goaltending.