PDA

View Full Version : North Dakota at Minnesota 1/18-1/19 - Just Ring The F*ing Bell You Pansy

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Stauber1
01-19-2013, 12:05 AM
Lol he is a lawyer.
;)

Fighting Sioux 23
01-19-2013, 12:07 AM
Horse hockey. UND didn't play great, but they had stretches in which UM was on their heels and I am not going to dig up the comments but your fans have said the same thing about recent performances. I'm not going to proclaim the Gophers are 4 goals better than UND, but the certainly didn't play their best game either for at least portions of those first two periods and Wilcos bailed them out several times over. You're a better analyst than this kind of comment - the Gophers should have been viewed as the better team coming into this series and at least for one game proved it.

I've consistently said that Minnesota was the better team tonight, and I agree that Minnesota didn't play particularly well...with the exception of Wilcox.

HarleyMC
01-19-2013, 12:09 AM
Good news: A busload of lawyers just went off a cliff. Bad news: there were a couple empty seats.

Tipsy McStagger
01-19-2013, 12:12 AM
I was wondering why the game wasn't closer, then saw Mitch MacMillan on the first line.

Fighting Sioux 23
01-19-2013, 12:16 AM
I was wondering why the game wasn't closer, then saw Mitch MacMillan on the first line.

Yeah, Hakstol seems to like Mitch Mac playing up with those guys. Personally, I'd like to see Mark Mac up on the top line, and then have Rowney center Parks and Grimaldi. Mitch Mac isn't a 1st line player at this level...we'll see if he's up there again tomorrow.

MinnesotaNorthStar
01-19-2013, 12:17 AM
Heellllooo!! Nobody is saying every mistake was the result of the Gopher's play. How dumb can you be and still breathe?That's what he is saying. Not every UND mistake was the result of the Gopher's play.

There's hope for you yet, Harley.

HarleyMC
01-19-2013, 12:19 AM
FWIW, I'm done arguing this.

Awwww... Can you please give us one more chance and repeat the same crap over and over again just 3 or 4 more times?

MinnesotaNorthStar
01-19-2013, 12:19 AM
Yeah, Hakstol seems to like Mitch Mac playing up with those guys. Personally, I'd like to see Mark Mac up on the top line, and then have Rowney center Parks and Grimaldi. Mitch Mac isn't a 1st line player at this level...we'll see if he's up there again tomorrow.Mitch Mac played pretty well on that line against CC, I think that's why. I think the line has been at it's best with Mark MacMillan playing up there.

Pattyn, I think, needs to sit tomorrow for Colten St. Clair.

Fighting Sioux 23
01-19-2013, 12:22 AM
Mitch Mac played pretty well on that line against CC, I think that's why. I think the line has been at it's best with Mark MacMillan playing up there.

Pattyn, I think, needs to sit tomorrow for Colten St. Clair.

Yeah, St. Clair I think could really blossom with more playing time. He has a lot of the raw skills required to be a solid contributor at this level, but he needs to get game time.

HarleyMC
01-19-2013, 12:27 AM
That's what he is saying. Not every UND mistake was the result of the Gopher's play.

There's hope for you yet, Harley.

Why don't you ask him directly if that's what he means?:D

Tipsy McStagger
01-19-2013, 12:59 AM
Harley appears to be going with the JDubbs defense of not proving any evidence to back up his claim.

Check the TV ratings I don't have!

JDUBBS1280
01-19-2013, 01:02 AM
Check the TV ratings I don't have!

Tell me where to find them and I'll post them. I'd love to find and post them. It's probably an even bigger disparity than I'm imagining.

Are you saying you think UND has higher TV ratings? And if so, why aren't more UND games televised? Why no HD?

Tipsy McStagger
01-19-2013, 01:11 AM
Tell me where to find them and I'll post them. I'd love to find and post them. It's probably an even bigger disparity than I'm imagining.

Are you saying you think UND has higher TV ratings? And if so, why aren't more UND games televised? Why no HD?

No, I just know they aren't public. Nielsen makes their money by selling the numbers. I don't know who has higher ratings. And neither do you. You shouldn't use that as part of your argument.

state of hockey
01-19-2013, 01:18 AM
UND gets to claim most followed because their arena seats more people and Wisconsin sucked hard to begin the season.

JDUBBS1280
01-19-2013, 01:22 AM
No, I just know they aren't public. Nielsen makes their money by selling the numbers. I don't know who has higher ratings. And neither do you. You shouldn't use that as part of your argument.

Like I said, without seeing the numbers, I'm pretty confident the Gophers ratings are higher. They have more games televised and the games have a higher production quality, including HD broadcasts. They are in a much bigger market.

Regardless, the same argument goes both ways. If UND fans can't provide TV ratings either, I can just as easily say their claim to be "the most followed team in North America" (and they made the claim first) is equally unsupported. Disagree?

HarleyMC
01-19-2013, 02:03 AM
Highlights of the Gopher's 5-1 win over UND. Nice move by Condon on the 4th goal and a very lame attempt to take the body by Gleason...owned, and Condon finishes with a nice the top shelf five hole...beautiful deke and shot for the goal....one of his best ever. Check out the cheap shot on Bjugs (#27 Rowney) after the empty netter.

******** width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/enB8zKcrPO8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tipsy McStagger
01-19-2013, 04:00 AM
You're a clever one. Obviously, it makes me feel worse that they played their worst game of the year. If they had to lose, I would much rather they lose while playing well.

And no, I never played Division 1, college hockey. If you did, please enlighten me on how failing to complete a pass in your own zone when the other team is not in the zone shows that the pass failed because of something Minnesota did. Thanks.

Say in ain't so FS23!?!?

hockeykrazy
01-19-2013, 06:58 AM
You're right about Gleason, he should have taken the shoulder instead of the hip and Condon wouldn't get that shot off.

goldy_331
01-19-2013, 07:01 AM
Awwww... Can you please give us one more chance and repeat the same crap over and over again just 3 or 4 more times?

It IS what he does. Again, and again, and again.

I think this is friggen hilarious. For years on this site if a Gopher fan dared to say after a loss that the Gophers played poorly, the posters on this site would jump all over them for failing to give credit to the opponent. Now Fighting Whioux 23 comes on here and spends post after post after post talking about how badly the Whioux played. Sorry, won't wash. Did the Whioux make some unforced errors? Yeah, probably, that happens when you get nervous because you've realized you are facing a superior opponent.

Koho
01-19-2013, 07:54 AM
Considering that I have said basically the exact opposite already (i.e. Minnesota was the better team, deserved to win, played well enough to win, although not great, Wilcox was rock solid, etc. etc. etc.)...I don't think so.

Why can't Gopher fans just accept the fact that North Dakota played really bad tonight, and probably their worst game of the year tonight? I would think they would rejoice. Your team won for crying out loud...enjoy the victory.

Why can't you realize that what you are saying is:
MN playing GOOD + UND playing only "DECENT" = UND win is the same as saying that UND is much more talented than MN and therefore realy does not give the credit to MN that you pretend to be giving them. (In other words, to exaggerate slightly, it is like saying that while Holy Cross played a good game based on their ability, MN would have won if they just had played a decent game. In this case, there is little credit really given in Holy Cross in the win.)

I play Old-timers a couple times a week. One night, there are a number of players around my age and the skill range between players is huge, from former D1 to a couple guys who are really not very good. The week before last, a number of the top end players didn't make it and I had time to carry the puck pretty mich anywhere, keep my head up and look for a teammates tape in front of the net and wait until I had a gap to make the pass. I was awesome. On the other night I play, the age is younger and skill level higher. Last time we played, I could have been the dad for all but about three of the guys playing, with a number of them having just played varsity HS in the last few years. The game was very fast. I had very little time to react, didn't carry the puck long, and many of my passes hit legs or missed as I rushed them. Out of three 2 on 1's, only on one was I able to actually hit my partner with a pass he could shoot. In the first example, I had all the time and space I needed half the time I had the puck. In the second example, I rarely had more than a second to react. How a team plays can be partly attributed to if your team shows up, but in the case of a team with equal or better talent that is playing well, a team can look like they aren't playing hard when it is really they are getting outplayed.

It is interesting that UND, ND and BC have all "not played well" against the Gophers, a team for which you would think each team was fired up to play. Just Gopher luck I guess.

And to clarify, I don't think that every mis-play by either team was the result of pressure by the opponent. I don't think either team played their best game. But I saw more missed passes under pressure than I saw when players weren't pressured. But, I think if UND played at this level against a team in the lower half of the league, a lot more of the passes are connecting and more battles are won, and UND would win.