Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: North Dakota at Minnesota 1/18-1/19 - Just Ring The F*ing Bell You Pansy

If either team comes out without intensity tonight you can cue up the calls to fire the coach. There is no reason for any player to not be ready to play. They could be nervous but unprepared us unacceptable.

I will disagree with FS23. If both teams play to their potential on neutral ice I think the Gophers win almost every time. I just think there is way more potential on the Gopher squad top to bottom.

It will be fun to see Grimaldi play. He was one fast bugger in the Juniors. If he gets past us it could be trouble. He had some selfish play at the Juniors so let's hope that returns.
    Bottom Line: If you deserve to win the national championship then don't worry about who you play, when, and where. Just keep winning.
    Exception: You are right about the refs. They, no doubt, have it in for <insert your team name here>!

Comment

Originally posted by Brick Tamland View Post
      In the clearing stands a Gopher
      And a diver by his trade
      And he carries the reminders
      Of ev'ry Sioux that layed him down
      Or cut him till he cried out
      In his anger and his shame
      "I am whining, I am whining"
      But the Sioux will still remain

Classic Simon and Garfunkle
      Don't quit your day job.

Comment

In the clearing stands a Gopher
        And a diver by his trade
        And he carries the reminders
        Of ev'ry Sioux that layed him down
        Or cut him till he cried out
        In his anger and his shame
        "I am whining, I am whining"
        But the Sioux will still remain

Classic Simon and Garfunkle
        you may just have reinvigorated this thread. Come on, Jockstock!

Comment

Originally posted by gopheritall View Post
          I will disagree with FS23. If both teams play to their potential on neutral ice I think the Gophers win almost every time. I just think there is way more potential on the Gopher squad top to bottom.
          FWIW, I think North Dakota fans will always think that if they play their best they'll win, and Minnesota fans always think that if they play their best they'll win. It's the nature of being a fan. It doesn't help that we primarily watch our own teams with our rose colored glasses, and probably don't value the other side as highly as we should.

Except me.
          North Dakota
          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
            Don't quit your day job.
            Is it too much to ask for you guys to pay attention for one week! I am a ND fan... why would you think I have a job? Please people...seven days of being on your game.... shouldn't be too much to ask.
            I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
              FWIW, I think North Dakota fans will always think that if they play their best they'll win, and Minnesota fans always think that if they play their best they'll win. It's the nature of being a fan. It doesn't help that we primarily watch our own teams with our rose colored glasses, and probably don't value the other side as highly as we should.

Except me.
              Do you see how boring this gets when you take the smack talk out of it?
              Bottom Line: If you deserve to win the national championship then don't worry about who you play, when, and where. Just keep winning.
              Exception: You are right about the refs. They, no doubt, have it in for <insert your team name here>!

Comment

Originally posted by gopheritall View Post
                Do you see how boring this gets when you take the smack talk out of it?
                It needs to be done occasionally to prevent death.
                North Dakota

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                  This would be the perfect opportunity to continue the fanbase saga, but it's gameday people!!!

Anyone want to talk actual hockey?
                  Heard from Jess Myers on Twitter Haula will play.
                  @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                  On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                  High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                    Good to hear. I have not heard anything about Rodwell. He took a pretty nasty cut against Michigan Tech.
                    North Dakota

Comment

This is good news. Good player no doubt (maybe Gophs best?).
                      I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

Comment

This is good news. Good player no doubt (maybe Gophs best?).
                        So far this year he has been the most productive, for sure. While he was out against Notre Dame and AA, Rau and the Bjugy Man really picked up the scoring, though.

I just hope Haula doesn't suffer any setbacks. This is an important weekend, but it's not worth risking further injury and being out of the lineup for an extended period of time. In tDon we trust.

Also, a few words of wisdom to UND: Don't "****" Haula off.

^Don't say we didn't warn you^
                        "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                          So far this year he has been the most productive, for sure. While he was out against Notre Dame and AA, Rau and the Bjugy Man really picked up the scoring, though.

I just hope Haula doesn't suffer any setbacks. This is an important weekend, but it's not worth risking further injury and being out of the lineup for an extended period of time. In tDon we trust.

Also, a few words of wisdom to UND: Don't "****" Haula off.

^Don't say we didn't warn you^
                          Agreed. Even more than Rau, he plays better angry.
                          @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                          On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                          High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Agreed. Even more than Rau, he plays better angry.
                            Yeah Haula really does seem to pick up his game when he is ticked, maybe the Whioux will insult his gf or something.
                            Originally posted by CavalryNate
                            Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                            sigpic

Comment

Does Haula swing his purse extra hard when he's mad? I can see Wally now. "Those hoseheads from Grand Forks have really done it now! Haula is furious and he's looking to hit anything in green with his European handbag!"
                              Last edited by Dirty; 01-18-2013, 11:43 AM.
                              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                                In looking at Minnesota, I was expecting them to be more of an offensive power than they have been this season.
                                A bigger power, even, than being the nation's #1 offense, which is what they are? I'm not trying to be a wise-a**, either. I'd seriously like to know what you meant by that. You even expected MORE than this?

Comment

Working...
                                X