PDA

View Full Version : North Dakota at Minnesota 1/18-1/19 - Just Ring The F*ing Bell You Pansy

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

HarleyMC
01-18-2013, 10:09 PM
Gophers now move into the #1 spot.

Fighting Sioux 23
01-18-2013, 10:10 PM
Maybe your opponent had something to do with that performance.

I don't think Minnesota had anything to do with constantly missing wide open passes, poor/shaky goaltending, poor decision making when you have all day in your own end, and playing with a lack of emotion. It wouldn't have mattered if we were playing Sacred Heart or Minnesota tonight...we weren't going to win.

Minnesota played well. As I've said many times, they are a pretty consistent group. They didn't play lights out tonight, but they didn't need to either. That being said, Minnesota wasn't the reason that North Dakota played as awful as they did. Tonight's loss was completely on North Dakota playing like, in the words of the eloquent KenGernanderguy, "poop."

Hopefully they figure their *** from their elbow tomorrow and put up a decent performance...

Dirty
01-18-2013, 10:11 PM
Man, Gopher fans are bitter bears tonight. They win a game but they whine because someone says UND played like crap.

Slap Shot
01-18-2013, 10:11 PM
If North Dakota plays decent (average) tonight, and Minnesota played the way that they played, North Dakota wins.

Hard to say if UND played better that UM wouldn't have also. I agree that Wilcox was a big game-changer, but the Gophers' PP wasn't at its best either so it's really hard to envision how 'what-ifs' may have changed the outcome.

The Rube
01-18-2013, 10:12 PM
Man Gopher fans are bitter bears. They win a game but they whine because someone says UND played like crap.

We're trying to give UND credit *gasp* for not playing as bad as FS23 is claiming. According to FS23, PSU would have rolled them tonight.

Fighting Sioux 23
01-18-2013, 10:13 PM
Hard to say if UND played better that UM wouldn't have also. I agree that Wilcox was a big game-changer, but the Gophers' PP wasn't at its best either so it's really hard to envision how 'what-ifs' may have changed the outcome.

This is true. If North Dakota had played decent, and Minnesota played very well, then I would think Minnesota would win. Maybe we'll see that storyline tomorrow. I would rather see that than the abomination on ice that I saw tonight.

Slap Shot
01-18-2013, 10:14 PM
and btw UND without question had the Gophers on their heels several times tonight and could have won while the game was still close. I thought when the 2nd ended 2-1 that it easily could have been 1-2 in UND's favor. UND is a very good team and the Gophers will have to play better tomorrow night because I don't see UND missing on those types of chances again.

btw the reffing was terrible in both directions - how many offsides did they get wrong for both teams? At least they go the no-goal correct.

Fighting Sioux 23
01-18-2013, 10:15 PM
We're trying to give UND credit *gasp* for not playing as bad as FS23 is claiming. According to FS23, PSU would have rolled them tonight.

You'll have to excuse me if I expect my team to play better than one of their worst performances of the season in a big game.

Happy
01-18-2013, 10:15 PM
I don't think Minnesota had anything to do with constantly missing wide open passes, poor/shaky goaltending, poor decision making when you have all day in your own end, and playing with a lack of emotion. It wouldn't have mattered if we were playing Sacred Heart or Minnesota tonight...we weren't going to win.

Minnesota played well. As I've said many times, they are a pretty consistent group. They didn't play lights out tonight, but they didn't need to either. That being said, Minnesota wasn't the reason that North Dakota played as awful as they did. Tonight's loss was completely on North Dakota playing like, in the words of the eloquent KenGernanderguy, "poop."

Hopefully they figure their *** from their elbow tomorrow and put up a decent performance...

no, The number one ranked Gophers intimidated UND.

SanTropez
01-18-2013, 10:19 PM
With our D and goaltending playing well the flatlanders werent going to win no matter how they played tonight. Their chances were minimal because of our play.

Fighting Sioux 23
01-18-2013, 10:19 PM
no, The number one ranked Gophers intimidated UND.

Perhaps. It is a difficult environment to play in, and Minnesota is a high-quality team.

SanTropez
01-18-2013, 10:20 PM
You'll have to excuse me if I expect my team to play better than one of their worst performances of the season in a big game.

Ha, I call bs you guys have played worse and this was far from it.

Fighting Sioux 23
01-18-2013, 10:21 PM
Ha, I call bs you guys have played worse and this was far from it.

Please give me 1 example of North Dakota playing worse? I certainly cannot think of one.

goldy_331
01-18-2013, 10:22 PM
Well that was fun. The Culers tomorrow will taste extra sweet!

The Rube
01-18-2013, 10:24 PM
Please give me 1 example of North Dakota playing worse? I certainly cannot think of one.

The UAA series didn't look that great. I wasn't 100% attention, but had it on....

Fighting Sioux 23
01-18-2013, 10:25 PM
The UAA series didn't look that great. I wasn't 100% attention, but had it on....

It was still better than tonight. Plus, that series was the 1st series where we had a somewhat normal lineup, and back in October.

I'm really trying to think of another performance that was worse than tonight...

SanTropez
01-18-2013, 10:30 PM
It was still better than tonight. Plus, that series was the 1st series where we had a somewhat normal lineup, and back in October.

I'm really trying to think of another performance that was worse than tonight...

Of course you are, but the team you played against had a say in why you played that way.

erikjt01
01-18-2013, 10:30 PM
Ill give fighting Sioux 23 credit...he's the only nodak fan on here defending his team. The rest must be laying in the fetal position wondering what the heck happened.

HarleyMC
01-18-2013, 10:31 PM
It wouldn't have mattered if we were playing Sacred Heart or Minnesota tonight...we weren't going to win.

That's another one of your dumb statements. Sacred Heart is 0-19-2. The Gophers played a much better second half of the game, out forechecked UND and shut down any chance for UND to regroup in transition and execute.

Fighting Sioux 23
01-18-2013, 10:32 PM
Of course you are, but the team you played against had a say in why you played that way.

Again, Minnesota had nothing to do with North Dakota's poor passing, poor decision making, and a lack of effort.