PDA

View Full Version : North Dakota at Minnesota 1/18-1/19 - Just Ring The F*ing Bell You Pansy

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

mnstate0fhockey
01-18-2013, 02:08 PM
I'm pretty sure the last time a UND player was scared of p!$$!ng off a gopher player was never...

I think you're missing the joke :)

willythekid
01-18-2013, 02:11 PM
I think you're missing the joke :)

Oh, I know all about what Haula did... earlier the gopher faithful were talking about who is better when mad, Haula or Rau...

Fighting Sioux 23
01-18-2013, 02:12 PM
... and it's better to be peed off than peed on.

It really depends on your preference. There was a Gopher team a few years back that looked like they had all taken a few golden showers. :p:D:D

mnstate0fhockey
01-18-2013, 02:13 PM
Oh, I know all about what Haula did... earlier the gopher faithful were talking about who is better when mad, Haula or Rau...

Me included. Not really serious talk though. Both players do play better engaged, but if anyone on either team can't get up for this series regardless, check their pulse :D

willythekid
01-18-2013, 02:18 PM
Me included. Not really serious talk though. Both players do play better engaged, but if anyone on either team can't get up for this series regardless, check their pulse :D

agreed

JF_Gophers
01-18-2013, 02:30 PM
I hope after MN sweeps they (the fans) give UND a kind ovation as they skate off, for being a quality rival.

gopher wes
01-18-2013, 02:34 PM
I hope after MN sweeps they (the fans) give UND a kind ovation as they skate off, for being a quality rival.
Or we can chant "94 West" right before we literally "sweep, sweep, sweep" them off the ice with the Battle Hymn.

Either way.

MplsSioux
01-18-2013, 02:55 PM
Or we can chant "94 West" right before we literally "sweep, sweep, sweep" them off the ice with the Battle Hymn.

Either way.

Is that when you cleverly spell out Minnesota and then yell the whole word packed into one syllable?

gopher wes
01-18-2013, 03:03 PM
Is that when you cleverly spell out Minnesota and then yell the whole word packed into one syllable?
If you were smart, which you clearly aren't, you'd know that we spell "Minnesota" and then say "'Sota". Not "the whole word packed into one syllable". Thankfully I already know you weren't smart based on your handle, but your post helped confirm it.

goldy_331
01-18-2013, 03:03 PM

No, that's after the Gophers score again on the Whioux. Didn't you see that often enough the last time they played that you would know that?

gopher wes
01-18-2013, 03:05 PM
And goldy is right, we only do that after goals. The other stuff comes after sweeps, which I'm sure you're also familiar with from last year.

Fighting Sioux 23
01-18-2013, 03:11 PM
If you were smart, which you clearly aren't, you'd know that we spell "Minnesota" and then say "'Sota". Not "the whole word packed into one syllable". Thankfully I already know you weren't smart based on your handle, but your post helped confirm it.

Not according to this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota_Rouser

Minnesota, hats off to thee!
To thy colors true we shall ever be,
Firm and strong, united are we.
Rah, rah, rah, for Ski-U-Mah,
Rah! Rah! Rah! Rah!
Rah for the U of M.

[Repeat]

M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A!
Minnesota, Minnesota!
Yay, Gophers! RAH!

BTW, ski-u-mah has Sioux origins...interestingly enough

gopher wes
01-18-2013, 03:22 PM
Not according to this...

:oWell I have always said "Sota".....I think it sounds better.

Many people have said that about "ski-u-mah". I find it curious that you people get so worked up about our school song, chants, and phrases within. :rolleyes::p

SanTropez
01-18-2013, 03:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIWSkM5UHhM

goldy_331
01-18-2013, 03:27 PM
And goldy is right, we only do that after goals. The other stuff comes after sweeps, which I'm sure you're also familiar with from last year.

Well, we do it at the start of the game and usually at the start of the periods.

Tiggsy
01-18-2013, 03:56 PM
Not according to this...

Hey, that's cool. But whioux are the sioux? Maybe we will play them sometime. Nah, probably not.

Many people have said that about "ski-u-mah". I find it curious that you people get so worked up about our school song, chants, and phrases within. :rolleyes::p
Probably because many of their fans don't know how to spell and don't like it thrown in their faces like that. :D

SanTropez
01-18-2013, 04:08 PM
http://www.gopherpucklive.com/image/Misc/Ballard.gif

MplsSioux
01-18-2013, 04:45 PM

I find it curious how you deflect that fact that you were completely wrong about your own chant. That's pathetic. You must have had an extra helping of stupid with your wheaties this morning.

GopherBigGuy911
01-18-2013, 04:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBFGJ6QwD-o I am looking forward to some classic hockey tonight :-)

Red Cows
01-18-2013, 04:58 PM
From Guentzel at the Blue Line Club today - Haula will start tonight and he said "the green team" is the best team the Gophers will have played. He said they are better than BC or Notre Dame.

Guentzel apparently forgot about the team he was a former assistant for that won at Mariucci this season on a Friday night and had a near miss the next night, then. You know, the team his own son just committed to playing for?