January 14th Poll Speculations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    Ill say it for the Uticas followers,Utica should be ranked over Oswego, and I would have to agree
    they probably would have been had they not lost to Cortland
    http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
      they probably would have been had they not lost to Cortland
      Bingo. Utica now has 2 common opponent loses with 6 more games coming up including 3 with Hobart. Oswego has 4 remaining. At Buff State wont be a push over and a win over Cortland will be HUGE. The good news is Elmira and Cortland wont be ranked come NCAA time so Utica should (baring a collapse) win that but Oswego should win common opponents. While an objective human poll may look at the Cortland loss and drop them, NCAA ranking wise wont have a huge impact (just yet).
      Remy Babineaux
      remyb616@gmail.com
      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Re: January 14th Poll Speculations

Want to start speculating on who will be ranked in each region?

SUNYAC: Oswego, Plattsburgh
        ECAC-E: Norwich, Babson, (UMB????)
        NESCAC: Bowdoin, Williams, Amherst
        ECAC-W: Hobart, Utica, Manhattaville
        MASCAC: Plymouth St.
        ECAC-NE: Nichols???

NCHA: St. Norbert, Eau Claire, Superior
        MCHA: Adrian, MSOE
        MIAC: St. Thomas (Academy)

There has to be more, but....
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
          Bingo. Utica now has 2 common opponent loses with 6 more games coming up including 3 with Hobart. Oswego has 4 remaining. At Buff State wont be a push over and a win over Cortland will be HUGE. The good news is Elmira and Cortland wont be ranked come NCAA time so Utica should (baring a collapse) win that but Oswego should win common opponents. While an objective human poll may look at the Cortland loss and drop them, NCAA ranking wise wont have a huge impact (just yet).
          I totally understand but I would still rank utica above, like you said they have Hobart to deal with etc we will see whats what soon enough

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
            I totally understand but I would still rank utica above, like you said they have Hobart to deal with etc we will see whats what soon enough
            It makes more sense to rank Oswego after Utica, than Utica ahead of Oswego. Adrian and Eau-Claire should stay where they are.
            Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by admiral0417 View Post
              Plattsburgh's 1-0 loss to then undefeated Norwich is a game that could've gone either way. They also beat Oswego (in Oswego) when they were #1. Perhaps Plattsburgh should play the Stonehill's, Franklin Pierce's and Colby's of the world to puff up the Win-Loss. There is talk of that.
              Emery always touts that he always wants to put together the toughest schedule he possibly can. I don't ever see him changing that philosophy.
              Russell Jaslow
              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Stand by on that one.

Comment

[QUOTERussell Jaslow;5599015]Emery always touts that he always wants to put together the toughest schedule he possibly can. I don't ever see him changing that philosophy.[/QUOTE]

So who dropped the game between Norwich & Plattsburgh next year??

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Want to start speculating on who will be ranked in each region?

SUNYAC: Oswego, Plattsburgh
                    ECAC-E: Norwich, Babson, (UMB????)
                    NESCAC: Bowdoin, Williams, Amherst
                    ECAC-W: Hobart, Utica, Manhattaville
                    MASCAC: Plymouth St.
                    ECAC-NE: Nichols???

NCHA: St. Norbert, Eau Claire, Superior
                    MCHA: Adrian, MSOE
                    MIAC: St. Thomas (Academy)

There has to be more, but....
                    If Platty is considered for Ranking, then Geneseo also has to be. They both have similar records and SOS. Genny has the head-to-head win...
                    Oswego'08, '10

From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...

2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
                    2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

Comment

Originally posted by Ozz View Post
                      If Platty is considered for Ranking, then Geneseo also has to be. They both have similar records and SOS. Genny has the head-to-head win...
                      I was going to say I think that Geneseo will be ranked
                      http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

I agree that Geneseo should be ranked. However, I was surprised that their OOC schedule ranks with Plattsburgh's? Here's the comparison:

Geneseo: Adrian, Hobart, Salve Regina, Franklin Pierce (X2), Nazereth (,X2), Canton and Elmira

Plattsburgh: Norwich, Amherst, Williams, Middlebury (X2), Castleton, St. Thomas, Wesleyan and Skidmore

I know which schedule I'd rather play.

Comment

I agree that Geneseo should be ranked. However, I was surprised that their OOC schedule ranks with Plattsburgh's? Here's the comparison:

Geneseo: Adrian, Hobart, Salve Regina, Franklin Pierce (X2), Nazereth (,X2), Canton and Elmira

Plattsburgh: Norwich, Amherst, Williams, Middlebury (X2), Castleton, St. Thomas, Wesleyan and Skidmore

Just going by the KRACH Rankings (Whateveryour opinion of Krach), Platty's schedule ranks 21st and Genny's schedule ranks 26th. NUProf...How do your SOS numbers look for Genny and Platty?
                          Oswego'08, '10

Comment

drop Franklin Pierce and Canton from the calculations. Naz and Hobart bring in the ECAC-W teams as OOWP, something Platty does not have, but that's probably offset by Salve. The MCHA is a meh.

By playing Williams and Amherst, Platty brings in the MIAC in OOWP and St. Thomas in OWP, which is not so much of a good thing this year but gets Norwich on the OOWP via Skidmore / Castleton and H2H in the OWP.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Understood. But I'd bet a roll of tape that Genny would have more than 2 losses playing Plattsburgh's OOC sked. Plattsburgh is usually an exceptionally good OOC team and they went 5-4. Why does Franklin Pierce get dropped from Genny's calculation?

Comment

Understood. But I'd bet a roll of tape that Genny would have more than 2 losses playing Plattsburgh's OOC sked. Plattsburgh is usually an exceptionally good OOC team and they went 5-4. Why does Franklin Pierce get dropped from Genny's calculation?
                                They are D-II..
                                Oswego'08, '10

Comment

Working...
                                X