PDA

View Full Version : Colgate & Cornell @ RPI & Union (1/18, 1/19)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11

FreshFish
01-18-2013, 08:58 PM
Encouraging to see the team not lose focus despite adversity from the refs. That seems to have been a distraction from time to time.

Why is anyone even throwing a check of any kind whatsoever with three seconds left in the game? There should be some understanding like there is in football, if you take a knee while running out the clock, the other team doesn't smash into you willy-nilly trying to cause a fumble. Even absent a rule, the unofficial sanctions and pressures in that situation are very powerful. You will notice that the Tampa coach never did that a second time! The Colgate coach should discipline his player; I have no doubt that Coach Appert would never tolerate that kind of play from an Engineer.

RPI fan 4 life
01-18-2013, 09:01 PM
I did not see the hit-but how can anyone justify a boarding call with less than 3 seconds left while down a goal and the puck is in your own end without any chance for any offense? The result was decided and the game was over. These are the kind of penalties that cause injury and the league should clamp down on.

I saw the hit and it was just total frustration at the hands of the Colgate player. Absolutely no reason to do that. Can we start the Cornell game with a 5-minute power play?? :)

Good night for me personally. Saw an Engineer victory and won the 50-50 to boot!

jericho
01-18-2013, 09:06 PM
I saw the hit and it was just total frustration at the hands of the Colgate player. Absolutely no reason to do that. Can we start the Cornell game with a 5-minute power play?? :)

Good night for me personally. Saw an Engineer victory and won the 50-50 to boot!

Sorry I missed you. I went down there and there was no one there.

fr joe
01-18-2013, 09:08 PM
Fresh Fish: Right on about about maintaining focus despite adversity. Hope Haggerty is well and can play tomorrow.

Friday's results set up an interesting Saturday... Cornell beat Union, 3-2... coupled with our win... hmmm... while we enter the weekend in 12th, keep in mind just how tightly bunched the ECAC is this year. A few good weekends and we're in the thick of things for home ice and a good playoff seeding.

It's a tired cliche, but one game at a time says it all right now.

lugnut92
01-18-2013, 09:13 PM
They did announce the game misconduct at the game, but I supposed it might not have really happened. I agree that there has to be some sort of supplemental discipline for that kind of play.

RPI fan 4 life
01-18-2013, 09:14 PM
Sorry I missed you. I went down there and there was no one there.

No problem. I was there for quite a while. Don't know how we missed each other. Oh well. I'll be there early tomorrow. Maybe before the game??

With the RPI win and all the other results, we went from last place to a 3-way tie for seventh in one night! Just plain crazy...

jericho
01-18-2013, 09:17 PM
No problem. I was there for quite a while. Don't know how we missed each other. Oh well. I'll be there early tomorrow. Maybe before the game??

With the RPI win and all the other results, we went from last place to a 3-way tie for seventh in one night! Just plain crazy...

I won't be there tomorrow. I will let you know the next home game. Maybe Freakout.

FlagDUDE08
01-18-2013, 09:19 PM
A few years ago Garret Vassel laid a hit on Jason Williams. He was taken out on a stretcher though he was just shaken up. Colgate went on to win that game 2-1 in overtime.

But yeah, I didn't like how one of our players (Larkin) decided to lay a hit on Ryan Haggerty when the game was pretty much in the books. He got the 5-minute major, but the reason why he got no game misconduct was because the game was over. Had it been in the 1st period, then yeah, he would have gotten ejected.

Thankfully (as of now) there is no Game DQ issued to the Colgate player. Colgate has only 21 skaters and we've had a player DQ'ed on two separate occasions. We lost both games where a player was serving a suspension this season.

The game was over for this hit, and our player got a Game DQ:

******** width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/i4Lm_h1AohY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FlagDUDE08
01-18-2013, 09:22 PM
They did announce the game misconduct at the game, but I supposed it might not have really happened. I agree that there has to be some sort of supplemental discipline for that kind of play.

The box score says not even a misconduct: http://www.collegehockeystats.net/1213/boxes/mclgren1.j18

FlagDUDE08
01-18-2013, 09:22 PM
I won't be there tomorrow. I will let you know the next home game. Maybe Freakout.

So I have to put up with you whining about the game resets?

turk181
01-18-2013, 09:32 PM
maybe Mr. Hagwell should get some emails/phone calls, he just got one from me.....Commissioner:
Steve Hagwell
518-487-2289
518-487-2290 (F)
shagwell@ecachockey.com

Ralph Baer
01-18-2013, 09:55 PM
Thankfully (as of now) there is no Game DQ issued to the Colgate player. Colgate has only 21 skaters and we've had a player DQ'ed on two separate occasions. We lost both games where a player was serving a suspension this season. I have seen few occasions where a DQ and suspension were more justified. it's only because you are playing Union tomorrow that I hope you are not shorthanded. The suspension should be for the nest RPI game anyway. makes more sense.

FlagDUDE08
01-18-2013, 09:57 PM
I have seen few occasions where a DQ and suspension were more justified. it's only because you are playing Union tomorrow that I hope you are not shorthanded. The suspension should be for the nest RPI game anyway. makes more sense.

Unless it's against RPI, then it's anytime, anywhere.

rdf8585
01-18-2013, 11:32 PM
I was at the postgame press conferences for the Cornell-Union game and they're all here and more: http://bit.ly/USzLMD

If you only watch one, watch the Bennett presser.

720p available on all videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEumbUmNyRQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsqMeCVK3pE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miNeyFaFLFw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA0KSz0UvTg

FlagDUDE08
01-19-2013, 06:53 AM
I was at the postgame press conferences for the Cornell-Union game and they're all here and more: http://bit.ly/USzLMD

If you only watch one, watch the Bennett presser.

Lame. I was expecting something a little more Gundy-like.

sshablak
01-19-2013, 07:18 AM
I hope someone puts the video of the hit here. I took my eyes off just before the hit.

FlagDUDE08
01-19-2013, 07:25 AM
I hope someone puts the video of the hit here. I took my eyes off just before the hit.

The game was done by RPI-TV, so you'll see it in a couple days on rpitv.org . There is some of the game there, but only the first two periods.

AspyDad
01-19-2013, 08:53 AM
Let me say first, this is not a personal attack on Bryan Hicks but he is a classic example of what an official should not be. Bryan interjects himself in the game every chance he gets. How many goals of ours has he disallowed? He is a bad official who should hang up the whistle. I know he has a built in bias against RPI, Bryan knows he does but most disturbing Paul Stewart knows. Did you notice there always alot of chippeness when Bryan is doing the game? It's because he so inconsistent and has no control of the game.

AspyDad
01-19-2013, 08:57 AM
maybe Mr. Hagwell should get some emails/phone calls, he just got one from me.....Commissioner:
Steve Hagwell
518-487-2289
518-487-2290 (F)
shagwell@ecachockey.com

Bravo but when is Paul Stewart ever going to be accountable for the way these games are officiated. Paul, I challenge you to a debate on the Wyland show. I'll even let Schottsie be the moderator.

FlagDUDE08
01-19-2013, 09:19 AM
Bravo but when is Paul Stewart ever going to be accountable for the way these games are officiated. Paul, I challenge you to a debate on the Wyland show. I'll even let Schottsie be the moderator.

You're just like Appert! :p:D