PDA

View Full Version : Colgate & Cornell @ RPI & Union (1/18, 1/19)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11

Ralph Baer
01-16-2013, 02:50 PM
Thanks to WaP's enlightening article, I think something may be coming together in my mind... Did our women's team play during an Autism Awareness game that Colgate did last year? I seem to remember mainly blue (but multi-coloured) jerseys worn by the Colgate team, and one of the few times I've seen where no team had a white or gold coloured uniform (RPI was wearing their road red). I think Colgate still used their goal siren during the game, though (can't remember for sure, as I drank away many memories of that night after getting home in time to watch the men's game). Will there be any special insignia (similar to BU) or a one-time jersey worn by the team on Friday? I have seen no mention about a patch or one-time jersey, but it wouldn't surprise me. It matters how long this has been in development. We only just heard of it, so it could have been almost spur of the moment.

Ralph Baer
01-16-2013, 02:53 PM
as most everyone here knows, JL played with the Spink bros. in Cornwall but did you know that Mike Zalewski played with Joe Wilson (Colgate)... John Knisely & Andy Isles (Cornell) on a power house team, the '92 (birthdate) Syracuse Stars AAA. Shane Prince (Bing.Senators) was also on team as was Trevor Mingoia who recently left Union. Zalewski also played with Knisley in Vernon.

FlagDUDE08
01-16-2013, 03:15 PM
I have seen no mention about a patch or one-time jersey, but it wouldn't surprise me. It matters how long this has been in development. We only just heard of it, so it could have been almost spur of the moment.

BTW, just for clarification, Colgate's jersey from last year's women's game looked to have puzzle pieces on it. It was made up of a set of four.

turk181
01-16-2013, 03:21 PM
Zalewski also played with Knisley in Vernon. True. Remember the youtube video with Knisely, "diving" into the creek. :D

FreshFish
01-16-2013, 03:23 PM
If you're so sharp, why not start one yourself?

rah, rah, ree, kick 'em in the knee.

rah, rah, rass, kick 'em in the other knee? :eek:

FlagDUDE08
01-16-2013, 03:25 PM
rah, rah, ree, kick 'em in the knee.

rah, rah, rass, kick 'em in the other knee? :eek:

Kicking and kneeing are not a good idea in hockey. ;)

We could always bring back "Skate Shoot Score", despite how well that ever did...

Ralph Baer
01-16-2013, 03:34 PM
True. Remember the youtube video with Knisely, "diving" into the creek. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmxxY5Egnbs

Stay@homeDad
01-16-2013, 07:40 PM
I have seen no mention about a patch or one-time jersey, but it wouldn't surprise me. It matters how long this has been in development. We only just heard of it, so it could have been almost spur of the moment.

I believe it was a spur of the moment thing and had nothing to do with the women's game FD mentions. Although you do bring up a good idea for next year with the jerseys and they could raffle them off like the Black Friday jerseys and have the proceeds go to the Autism Speaks foundation.

RPI fan 4 life
01-16-2013, 07:53 PM
Kicking and kneeing are not a good idea in hockey. ;)

We could always bring back "Skate Shoot Score", despite how well that ever did...

Remember the old E to the X cheer? Goes like this:

E to the X dx dy, E to the X dy.
Cosine, secent, tangent, sine. 3.14159
Square of root and Log of PI. Annihilate them, RPI!!

No "suck" in that cheer...:)

lugnut92
01-16-2013, 08:04 PM
e to the x dy/dx, e to the x dx,
Cosine, secant, tangent, sine,
Square root, cube root, log of pi,
Disintegrate them, RPI!

Fixed. (http://apbwiki.rpipepbandalumni.org/E%5Ex)

RPI fan 4 life
01-16-2013, 08:09 PM
Fixed. (http://apbwiki.rpipepbandalumni.org/E%5Ex)

Well, I was close... :) thanks for the correction!

Wicked Slappaahs
01-16-2013, 08:10 PM
I believe it was a spur of the moment thing and had nothing to do with the women's game FD mentions. Although you do bring up a good idea for next year with the jerseys and they could raffle them off like the Black Friday jerseys and have the proceeds go to the Autism Speaks foundation. Bingo. I think you hit it on the head SHD. I bet we see something more formal, with advance planning next year.

Ralph Baer
01-16-2013, 09:41 PM
Bingo. I think you hit it on the head SHD. I bet we see something more formal, with advance planning next year.

Do you expect this to become a yearly event?

FlagDUDE08
01-17-2013, 06:31 AM

Pink at the Rink only lasted one year on the men's side, but a couple years for the women, as they wore full-on pink jerseys, as opposed to the men's black jersey with pink along the seams. I wonder if AspyDad was consulted regarding this event we are having.

Ralph Baer
01-17-2013, 07:02 AM
Pink at the Rink only lasted one year on the men's side, but a couple years for the women, as they wore full-on pink jerseys, as opposed to the men's black jersey with pink along the seams. I wonder if AspyDad was consulted regarding this event we are having.

Aspy is always consulted. :p

FlagDUDE08
01-17-2013, 07:03 AM
Aspy is always consulted. :p

In speaking of that, here's the article from the T-U: http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/The-message-is-clear-and-RPI-is-listening-4200770.php

Ralph Baer
01-17-2013, 07:09 AM
In speaking of that, here's the article from the T-U: http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/The-message-is-clear-and-RPI-is-listening-4200770.php

That does answer your question. :)

FlagDUDE08
01-17-2013, 07:11 AM
That does answer your question. :)

That it does. As much as we see autism over-diagnosed in this country and some that could be cured by a simple belt to the bottom, there still are some people that are greatly affected by this disease who truly need assistance.

Stay@homeDad
01-17-2013, 09:12 AM

Nice article about a great friend of mine and another example of our great coach going above and beyond to help a good cause.

Stay@homeDad
01-17-2013, 09:14 AM

I think it would be nice if it does and would be willing to do anything I could to help out in making it happen in the future.