Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colgate & Cornell @ RPI & Union (1/18, 1/19)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colgate & Cornell @ RPI & Union (1/18, 1/19)

Looking forward to this weekend's games with the 'Tute and Dutchmen. What can followers of those teams tell me about their recent successes/failures? How is the health of the players given the flu is around?
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      There will ALWAYS be stage talk. It was one of the unique points about HFH.
      *****http://static2.fjcdn.com/comments/Am+I+beating+a+dead+horse+by+telling+OP+that+_4985 125a307ed664b938ab83572b52cd.jpg******
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
        Looking forward to this weekend's games with the 'Tute and Dutchmen. What can followers of those teams tell me about their recent successes/failures? How is the health of the players given the flu is around?
        Q-Pac doesn't have a perfect ECAC record anymore because of us. But don't let that detract your feelings of us being in dead last; we'd love for your team to overlook us.

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
          We have played better than our record lately-but that isn't difficult since we have only 1 ECAC victory. We seem to match up well against a few teams and not so well against a few others. We do, however, often find we play just well enough to be trailing by a goal late in the game and then we can pull our goaltender and give up a few extra.
          Last edited by DrDemento; 01-15-2013, 07:03 PM.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
            I probably can't hear the snare because most everyone in Sect.17 (I believe it started there) is doing the clap.
            Yeah, I had no idea what was going on with the band there (I've always wondered who was starting the clap so **** early, now I know what's going on). And yes, it did start in 17

Now, maybe if the band was back where it belongs........
            A thousand times yes.

EDIT: to expound on the band's position, my major issue is that it is near impossible to clearly hear them over in 17. This was not a problem at the end of the rink (not to mention the optics of that position). The pep band is there to pump up the crowd & the team...it doesn't work so well when half the rink can't hear them properly.
            Last edited by hawthr; 01-15-2013, 06:54 PM. Reason: More band.
            Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post
              Yeah, I had no idea what was going on with the band there (I've always wondered who was starting the clap so **** early, now I know what's going on). And yes, it did start in 17

A thousand times yes.

EDIT: to expound on the band's position, my major issue is that it is near impossible to clearly hear them over in 17. This was not a problem at the end of the rink (not to mention the optics of that position). The pep band is there to pump up the crowd & the team...it doesn't work so well when half the rink can't hear them properly.
              I know some here get a bit miffed that the stage location is still talked about but I'll tell ya, my first game @ HFH was the year before SA arrived & my seats were on the townie side behind the stage/band (sect 11 maybe?). It was a sellout I believe, vs St. Lawrence. The enthusiasm created by the band just blew me away and I've been a die hard Engineer fan since. I will continue to petition for the Band to be placed back where it belongs at every chance I get.
              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post

A thousand times yes.

Perhaps putting a microphone wherever they are sitting and piping them over the loud speaker system would be of some help?

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  Perhaps putting a microphone wherever they are sitting and piping them over the loud speaker system would be of some help?
                  That would defeat their definition of "natural noise", which was developed after Freakout 1987.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    I'm pretty sure amplification is not allowed by either NCAA or ECAC rules. I've never looked at the rulebooks, but that's the story I've heard from prior pep band officers.
                    RPI Pep Band
                    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                      I'm pretty sure amplification is not allowed by either NCAA or ECAC rules. I've never looked at the rulebooks, but that's the story I've heard from prior pep band officers.
                      The rudimentary band at the Lightning Classic tournament back in 2007-08 was mic'd.

Comment

Can you even find an ECAC rules book? You must be an insider if you can.

Comment

Aspy's comrade, Ken Schott reports today that Kasdorf is practicing and is likely to dress for Friday's game.
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

The rudimentary band at the Lightning Classic tournament back in 2007-08 was mic'd.
                            Maybe just an ECAC rule then?

Originally posted by Stay@homeDad View Post
                            Can you even find an ECAC rules book? You must be an insider if you can.
                            No, we can't. We basically operate on tradition and what we think the rules probably are.
                            RPI Pep Band
                            GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                            2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                            2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

That would defeat their definition of "natural noise", which was developed after Freakout 1987.
                              If that was the 8-3 win over Brown-we were there-it was great fun. My ears were ringing from the noise for a bout a week. I can't find my box score for that game but the penalty totals were outrageous and I would love to recall who the ref was for that fiasco.

Comment

And we're going to let some silly rule interfere? We should be able to find some technicality to get around it. After all, we are the Engineers! (maybe it would be easier to sidestep the rules if we were the Political Scientists?)

Comment

Working...
                                X