PDA

View Full Version : Colgate & Cornell @ RPI & Union (1/18, 1/19)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

ColSkate65
01-15-2013, 09:47 AM
Looking forward to this weekend's games with the 'Tute and Dutchmen. What can followers of those teams tell me about their recent successes/failures? How is the health of the players given the flu is around?

Red Cloud
01-15-2013, 09:49 AM
There will ALWAYS be stage talk. It was one of the unique points about HFH.

http://static2.fjcdn.com/comments/Am+I+beating+a+dead+horse+by+telling+OP+that+_4985 125a307ed664b938ab83572b52cd.jpg

FlagDUDE08
01-15-2013, 10:30 AM
Looking forward to this weekend's games with the 'Tute and Dutchmen. What can followers of those teams tell me about their recent successes/failures? How is the health of the players given the flu is around?

Q-Pac doesn't have a perfect ECAC record anymore because of us. But don't let that detract your feelings of us being in dead last; we'd love for your team to overlook us. ;)

DrDemento
01-15-2013, 10:47 AM

We have played better than our record lately-but that isn't difficult since we have only 1 ECAC victory. We seem to match up well against a few teams and not so well against a few others. We do, however, often find we play just well enough to be trailing by a goal late in the game and then we can pull our goaltender and give up a few extra.:rolleyes:

hawthr
01-15-2013, 06:50 PM
I probably can't hear the snare because most everyone in Sect.17 (I believe it started there) is doing the clap.
Yeah, I had no idea what was going on with the band there (I've always wondered who was starting the clap so **** early, now I know what's going on). And yes, it did start in 17 ;)

Now, maybe if the band was back where it belongs........:D
A thousand times yes.

EDIT: to expound on the band's position, my major issue is that it is near impossible to clearly hear them over in 17. This was not a problem at the end of the rink (not to mention the optics of that position). The pep band is there to pump up the crowd & the team...it doesn't work so well when half the rink can't hear them properly.

turk181
01-15-2013, 07:04 PM
Yeah, I had no idea what was going on with the band there (I've always wondered who was starting the clap so **** early, now I know what's going on). And yes, it did start in 17 ;)

A thousand times yes.

EDIT: to expound on the band's position, my major issue is that it is near impossible to clearly hear them over in 17. This was not a problem at the end of the rink (not to mention the optics of that position). The pep band is there to pump up the crowd & the team...it doesn't work so well when half the rink can't hear them properly. I know some here get a bit miffed that the stage location is still talked about but I'll tell ya, my first game @ HFH was the year before SA arrived & my seats were on the townie side behind the stage/band (sect 11 maybe?). It was a sellout I believe, vs St. Lawrence. The enthusiasm created by the band just blew me away and I've been a die hard Engineer fan since. I will continue to petition for the Band to be placed back where it belongs at every chance I get.

DrDemento
01-15-2013, 07:05 PM

A thousand times yes.

EDIT: to expound on the band's position, my major issue is that it is near impossible to clearly hear them over in 17. This was not a problem at the end of the rink (not to mention the optics of that position). The pep band is there to pump up the crowd & the team...it doesn't work so well when half the rink can't hear them properly.

Perhaps putting a microphone wherever they are sitting and piping them over the loud speaker system would be of some help?:)

FlagDUDE08
01-15-2013, 07:11 PM
Perhaps putting a microphone wherever they are sitting and piping them over the loud speaker system would be of some help?:)

That would defeat their definition of "natural noise", which was developed after Freakout 1987.

lugnut92
01-15-2013, 07:32 PM

I'm pretty sure amplification is not allowed by either NCAA or ECAC rules. I've never looked at the rulebooks, but that's the story I've heard from prior pep band officers.

FlagDUDE08
01-15-2013, 07:35 PM
I'm pretty sure amplification is not allowed by either NCAA or ECAC rules. I've never looked at the rulebooks, but that's the story I've heard from prior pep band officers.

The rudimentary band at the Lightning Classic tournament back in 2007-08 was mic'd.

Stay@homeDad
01-15-2013, 09:05 PM

Can you even find an ECAC rules book? You must be an insider if you can.

Wicked Slappaahs
01-15-2013, 09:33 PM
Aspy's comrade, Ken Schott reports today that Kasdorf is practicing and is likely to dress for Friday's game.

lugnut92
01-16-2013, 01:29 AM
The rudimentary band at the Lightning Classic tournament back in 2007-08 was mic'd.

Maybe just an ECAC rule then?

Can you even find an ECAC rules book? You must be an insider if you can.

No, we can't. We basically operate on tradition and what we think the rules probably are.

DrDemento
01-16-2013, 08:29 AM
That would defeat their definition of "natural noise", which was developed after Freakout 1987.

If that was the 8-3 win over Brown-we were there-it was great fun. My ears were ringing from the noise for a bout a week. I can't find my box score for that game but the penalty totals were outrageous and I would love to recall who the ref was for that fiasco.

DrDemento
01-16-2013, 08:32 AM

And we're going to let some silly rule interfere? We should be able to find some technicality to get around it. After all, we are the Engineers! (maybe it would be easier to sidestep the rules if we were the Political Scientists?);)

DrDemento
01-16-2013, 08:33 AM
Aspy's comrade, Ken Schott reports today that Kasdorf is practicing and is likely to dress for Friday's game.

Would that leave just Schroeder as a definite scratch? We could actually be at our healthiest for the season so far.

Red Cloud
01-16-2013, 09:08 AM

Someone may want to get in touch with Lowell and Vermont's bands, then.

burgie12
01-16-2013, 09:22 AM
Someone may want to get in touch with Lowell and Vermont's bands, then.
Same with RIT and Niagara.

turk181
01-16-2013, 09:48 AM
RPI Gamenotes......http://www.rpiathletics.com/documents/2013/1/16/2012-13MHKYGameNotes_COL_COR.pdf?id=1430

FlagDUDE08
01-16-2013, 09:55 AM
I don't think either of the bands will not be playing on Friday... according to the game notes Turk posted:

AUTISM AWARENESS: Friday’s game with Colgate is Autism Awareness Night ... In addition to raising awareness, the goal is to make the experience more comfortable for those with Autism and special needs who are in attendance ... There will be the elimination of music over the sound system as well as the exclusion of the goal horn as those with autism are sensitive to loud music ... Other events will take place throughout the night.