Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colgate & Cornell @ RPI & Union (1/18, 1/19)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colgate & Cornell @ RPI & Union (1/18, 1/19)

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    I don't know if this group of kids would even show up since classes don't start until Tuesday. The group is quite spread out.
    In the comments of the TU blog:

The band will be on hand to play the national anthems, and then will put the instruments away and watch the game.
    Dorms open at noon on Friday, so it isn't exactly unheard of that students would be back a few days before classes start.

Comment

Originally posted by JCrawford View Post
      In the comments of the TU blog:

Dorms open at noon on Friday, so it isn't exactly unheard of that students would be back a few days before classes start.
      I'm not questioning from a standpoint of physical possibility, but rather desire. Have those kids been willing to come back a couple days early in the past couple of years? I know I was usually back the second the dorms opened, but when you live in the middle of nowhere with dial-up you do desire that. In the years I was with the band, there was no question we'd be back; of course we had many locals and semi-locals.

Comment

I'm not questioning from a standpoint of physical possibility, but rather desire. Have those kids been willing to come back a couple days early in the past couple of years? I know I was usually back the second the dorms opened, but when you live in the middle of nowhere with dial-up you do desire that. In the years I was with the band, there was no question we'd be back; of course we had many locals and semi-locals.
        The band this year is much bigger than the band in previous years - so much so that they've been able to split into two and have decent-sounding bands at a football game and women's hockey game at the same time. Not so sure you can look at the past couple of years and use that as a gauge for the current band.

Comment

Why is the thing the band was doing before the second period begins "dumb?"
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by JCrawford View Post
            The band this year is much bigger than the band in previous years - so much so that they've been able to split into two and have decent-sounding bands at a football game and women's hockey game at the same time. Not so sure you can look at the past couple of years and use that as a gauge for the current band.
            Fair enough point. I also use the band from the past couple years because of personnel. Some of those people are now juniors and seniors. Granted, I don't know the freshmen/sophomore makeup, so there is that unknown (at least to me) quantity. I suppose that, similar to the questions we had about injuries and the like last year, it will all be revealed this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
              We're not Clarkson. We don't use annoying train horns.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                How tall are you now?
                5'4"
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

We're not Clarkson. We don't use annoying train horns.
                  Third period* and FlagDUDE is the first person we've heard that had any problem with the Train. Everybody else seems to love it.

As for playing this Friday, we're still working it out. The band will be in attendance (as will Colgate's band), but our playing will likely be severely rolled back. I'm no longer an officer, and last I heard Sachi hadn't gotten a hold of officers to work it out, so I don't have any hard information.
                  RPI Pep Band
                  GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                  🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                  2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                  2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                    Third period* and FlagDUDE is the first person we've heard that had any problem with the Train. Everybody else seems to love it.

As for playing this Friday, we're still working it out. The band will be in attendance (as will Colgate's band), but our playing will likely be severely rolled back. I'm no longer an officer, and last I heard Sachi hadn't gotten a hold of officers to work it out, so I don't have any hard information.
                    I thought the band played "Forget You" before the third period...

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post

seems like a wasted trip for the Colgate band if neither bands are going to be compelled to play.
                      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        5'4"
                        I guess you did outgrow it. BTW Jenny would still have to look up to you even in her 5" heels.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I'm missing something here......is it the rythmic clapping @ about the 1:20 mark before the team comes back onto the ice......or is the Band playing something that I just don't hear from Sect.17?
                          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                            I'm missing something here......is it the rythmic clapping @ about the 1:20 mark before the team comes back onto the ice......or is the Band playing something that I just don't hear from Sect.17?
                            Slow clap's cool. The band trying to add something dumb to it, on the other hand...

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                              seems like a wasted trip for the Colgate band if neither bands are going to be compelled to play.
                              That's why I thought we should do it when Cornell's playing. Give us a reason to throw those annoying robots out.

Comment

Slow clap's cool. The band trying to add something dumb to it, on the other hand...
                                OK....Now, what is the Band trying to add, because I don't hear it.

Comment

Working...
                                X