PDA

View Full Version : Colgate & Cornell @ RPI & Union (1/18, 1/19)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

DrDemento
01-14-2013, 04:51 PM
5'4" :)

I guess you did outgrow it.;) BTW Jenny would still have to look up to you even in her 5" heels.

turk181
01-14-2013, 04:56 PM
Why is the thing the band was doing before the second period begins "dumb?"I'm missing something here......is it the rythmic clapping @ about the 1:20 mark before the team comes back onto the ice......or is the Band playing something that I just don't hear from Sect.17?

FlagDUDE08
01-14-2013, 04:58 PM
I'm missing something here......is it the rythmic clapping @ about the 1:20 mark before the team comes back onto the ice......or is the Band playing something that I just don't hear from Sect.17?

Slow clap's cool. The band trying to add something dumb to it, on the other hand...

FlagDUDE08
01-14-2013, 04:59 PM
seems like a wasted trip for the Colgate band if neither bands are going to be compelled to play.

That's why I thought we should do it when Cornell's playing. Give us a reason to throw those annoying robots out.

turk181
01-14-2013, 05:02 PM
Slow clap's cool. The band trying to add something dumb to it, on the other hand...OK....Now, what is the Band trying to add, because I don't hear it.

Red Cloud
01-14-2013, 05:04 PM
We're not Clarkson. We don't use annoying train horns.

Neither do we. The point remains.

Osorojo
01-14-2013, 05:08 PM
Hockey, anyone?

turk181
01-14-2013, 05:14 PM
Hockey, anyone? just read..... we're busy with other matters today :p

FlagDUDE08
01-14-2013, 05:25 PM
just read..... we're busy with other matters today :p

Don't mind him, he's just a troll. It must be April, though, because that's when he usually comes out and spews his garbage. :rolleyes:

As for what the band is trying to add, they try to go along with the slow clap before the team comes out, but start it about 20 seconds early and then try to emulate a train horn. Thankfully I don't think the chord is F#m7 (CCT's goal horn); I'd have to hear it again but I think it's a 5th off of that.

Red Cloud
01-14-2013, 05:33 PM
Hockey, anyone?

Lighten up, Francis.

lugnut92
01-14-2013, 05:51 PM
We haven't played "******* You" for the refs at all this season. What we do is have a snare emulate the sound of a train picking up speed then play random notes to make the "horn". I find it amazing you can't hear it turk; we're playing near full-blast in unison. Again, everyone I've talked to loves it.

As for it being a waste of a trip for Colgate, none of us knew about this autism thing before Friday, which is long after they would have planned their trip. I imagine our officers will be in touch with their leadership to determine if they still want to visit, but there's nothing we can do to tell them to keep out.

EDIT: Wow, the censorship is strong...

turk181
01-14-2013, 06:00 PM
We haven't played "******* You" for the refs at all this season. What we do is have a snare emulate the sound of a train picking up speed then play random notes to make the "horn". I find it amazing you can't hear it turk; we're playing near full-blast in unison. Again, everyone I've talked to loves it.

As for it being a waste of a trip for Colgate, none of us knew about this autism thing before Friday, which is long after they would have planned their trip. I imagine our officers will be in touch with their leadership to determine if they still want to visit, but there's nothing we can do to tell them to keep out.

EDIT: Wow, the censorship is strong... I probably can't hear the snare because most everyone in Sect.17 (I believe it started there) is doing the clap. Now, maybe if the band was back where it belongs........:D

RPI fan 4 life
01-14-2013, 06:07 PM
I probably can't hear the snare because most everyone in Sect.17 (I believe it started there) is doing the clap. Now, maybe if the band was back where it belongs........:D

Amen! I wish they were back on the stage also. I always thought that it was a bit of an intimidating factor for the visiting goalie with the band blaring behind him for two periods. And ever since the new scoreboard was put in, the PA system is quite muffled in the higher rows.

DavidSec17
01-14-2013, 06:13 PM
Third period* and FlagDUDE is the first person we've heard that had any problem with the Train. Everybody else seems to love it.

Chalk me up in the love it category. Sounds great from Section 7. Now we just need more goals.

lugnut92
01-14-2013, 06:13 PM
Guys, seriously with the stage talk again?

FlagDUDE08
01-14-2013, 07:04 PM
Guys, seriously with the stage talk again?

There will ALWAYS be stage talk. It was one of the unique points about HFH.

lugnut92
01-14-2013, 07:36 PM

Just think, mine was the last class to play on the stage. Soon kids will come on here with no idea what you're talking about.

RPI fan 4 life
01-14-2013, 07:37 PM

Very true. But what really bothers me more than that is that they didn't put anything else behind the net to replace the stage. If they put special seating in there like handicap seating, then I could understand.

Stay@homeDad
01-14-2013, 07:49 PM
No music or goal horn Friday night at HFH....in honor of autism awareness.
I for one hoped we GREATLY notice the absence of the goal horn....GO RED !!!

http://blog.timesunion.com/hockey/no-music-no-goal-horn-for-rpi-game-friday-night/14126/

EDIT: I'm assuming (probably incorrectly) that the anthems will still be played ??

I think this is GREAT and do not mind the night off of the "noise" that may bother people with this disease. People need to learn about this disease and I am all for the program participating to help spread the awareness of it. Who gives a rats ***** if the bands cannot play or if the horn doesn't get blown for one night. At least these people will be able to come and enjoy a hockey game for at least one night in their life. Hopefully they will see us kick Colgate's ***** in the process. LETS GO RED!

Wicked Slappaahs
01-15-2013, 09:28 AM
seems like a wasted trip for the colgate band if neither bands are going to be allowed to play. fyp.