PDA

View Full Version : Colgate & Cornell @ RPI & Union (1/18, 1/19)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Ralph Baer
01-14-2013, 01:32 PM
Do you also have a fascination with trains? :)

I was a member of the RPI Model Railroad club for a while as an undergrad -- but I outgrew it. :D

Edit: What's the connection between the band and trains?

FlagDUDE08
01-14-2013, 01:36 PM
I was a member of the RPI Model Railroad club for a while as an undergrad -- but I outgrew it. :D

Edit: What's the connection between the band and trains?

Aside from the really dumb thing they were doing before the team came out for the second period, not much. ;)

Red Cloud
01-14-2013, 01:49 PM
Aside from the really dumb thing they were doing before the team came out for the second period, not much. ;)

Why is it dumb?

Wholin1
01-14-2013, 02:08 PM
With both Cole Bardreau and Shayne Gostisbehere both on the ice on Friday at Union, I think it would be cool to recognize their contributions to the WJC team.

sk8tronthepond
01-14-2013, 02:27 PM
With both Cole Bardreau and Shayne Gostisbehere both on the ice on Friday at Union, I think it would be cool to recognize their contributions to the WJC team.

Yes that would be "cool"! Maybe Coach Bennett and Coach Schafer could exchange roses as well!!:)

Red Cloud
01-14-2013, 02:32 PM

I was impressed with the contribution made by Gostisbehere in the final two games by not sucker punching anyone.

sk8tronthepond
01-14-2013, 02:33 PM
I was impressed with the contribution made by Gostisbehere in the final two games by not sucker punching anyone.

+1

DrDemento
01-14-2013, 02:51 PM

How tall are you now?

Wicked Slappaahs
01-14-2013, 03:03 PM
With both Cole Bardreau and Shayne Gostisbehere both on the ice on Friday at Union, I think it would be cool to recognize their contributions to the WJC team. Were you thinking the crowd should be bowing or genuflecting?

RPI fan 4 life
01-14-2013, 03:05 PM
No music or goal horn Friday night at HFH....in honor of autism awareness.
I for one hoped we GREATLY notice the absence of the goal horn....GO RED !!!

http://blog.timesunion.com/hockey/no-music-no-goal-horn-for-rpi-game-friday-night/14126/

EDIT: I'm assuming (probably incorrectly) that the anthems will still be played ??

They will probably just have a singer do the anthem(s) like they have had in the past.

No music, no band, no horn. Are we allowed to applaud when (or is it IF?) we score?? Sounds like a quiet night at the Field House.

JCrawford
01-14-2013, 03:12 PM
I don't know if this group of kids would even show up since classes don't start until Tuesday. The group is quite spread out.

In the comments (http://blog.timesunion.com/hockey/no-music-no-goal-horn-for-rpi-game-friday-night/14126/#comment-31290) of the TU blog:

The band will be on hand to play the national anthems, and then will put the instruments away and watch the game.

Dorms open at noon on Friday, so it isn't exactly unheard of that students would be back a few days before classes start.

FlagDUDE08
01-14-2013, 03:35 PM
In the comments (http://blog.timesunion.com/hockey/no-music-no-goal-horn-for-rpi-game-friday-night/14126/#comment-31290) of the TU blog:

Dorms open at noon on Friday, so it isn't exactly unheard of that students would be back a few days before classes start.

I'm not questioning from a standpoint of physical possibility, but rather desire. Have those kids been willing to come back a couple days early in the past couple of years? I know I was usually back the second the dorms opened, but when you live in the middle of nowhere with dial-up you do desire that. In the years I was with the band, there was no question we'd be back; of course we had many locals and semi-locals.

JCrawford
01-14-2013, 03:50 PM
I'm not questioning from a standpoint of physical possibility, but rather desire. Have those kids been willing to come back a couple days early in the past couple of years? I know I was usually back the second the dorms opened, but when you live in the middle of nowhere with dial-up you do desire that. In the years I was with the band, there was no question we'd be back; of course we had many locals and semi-locals.

The band this year is much bigger than the band in previous years - so much so that they've been able to split into two and have decent-sounding bands at a football game and women's hockey game at the same time. Not so sure you can look at the past couple of years and use that as a gauge for the current band.

Red Cloud
01-14-2013, 04:00 PM

Why is the thing the band was doing before the second period begins "dumb?"

FlagDUDE08
01-14-2013, 04:10 PM
The band this year is much bigger than the band in previous years - so much so that they've been able to split into two and have decent-sounding bands at a football game and women's hockey game at the same time. Not so sure you can look at the past couple of years and use that as a gauge for the current band.

Fair enough point. I also use the band from the past couple years because of personnel. Some of those people are now juniors and seniors. Granted, I don't know the freshmen/sophomore makeup, so there is that unknown (at least to me) quantity. I suppose that, similar to the questions we had about injuries and the like last year, it will all be revealed this weekend.

FlagDUDE08
01-14-2013, 04:11 PM

We're not Clarkson. We don't use annoying train horns.

Ralph Baer
01-14-2013, 04:40 PM
How tall are you now?

5'4" :)

lugnut92
01-14-2013, 04:42 PM

We're not Clarkson. We don't use annoying train horns.

Third period* and FlagDUDE is the first person we've heard that had any problem with the Train. Everybody else seems to love it.

As for playing this Friday, we're still working it out. The band will be in attendance (as will Colgate's band), but our playing will likely be severely rolled back. I'm no longer an officer, and last I heard Sachi hadn't gotten a hold of officers to work it out, so I don't have any hard information.

FlagDUDE08
01-14-2013, 04:49 PM
Third period* and FlagDUDE is the first person we've heard that had any problem with the Train. Everybody else seems to love it.

As for playing this Friday, we're still working it out. The band will be in attendance (as will Colgate's band), but our playing will likely be severely rolled back. I'm no longer an officer, and last I heard Sachi hadn't gotten a hold of officers to work it out, so I don't have any hard information.

I thought the band played "Forget You" before the third period...

turk181
01-14-2013, 04:50 PM

As for playing this Friday, we're still working it out. The band will be in attendance (as will Colgate's band), but our playing will likely be severely rolled back. I'm no longer an officer, and last I heard Sachi hadn't gotten a hold of officers to work it out, so I don't have any hard information.seems like a wasted trip for the Colgate band if neither bands are going to be compelled to play.