Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Gophers 2012-2013 Part II: Mmmm, Iron City Beer!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers 2012-2013 Part II: Mmmm, Iron City Beer!

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    They are not only not going to lose to UAA imho they are going to smoke UAA both games.
    Definitely agree. Although I can easily see them getting beat as soon as they arrive at the X. Its not that they're bad...its that other teams are also good and will be more hungry.
    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
      Definitely agree. Although I can easily see them getting beat as soon as they arrive at the X. Its not that they're bad...its that other teams are also good and will be more hungry.
      There's a CHANCE UAA miracles a game, but that's about it.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Other teams don't derp against UAA as much as we do.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

True, but every team we play against is their NC so there's that.

Comment

• Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
            True, but every team we play against is their NC so there's that.
            The Gophers all too often forget that talent isn't enough against a well-coached defensive team. They have the ability to curb-stomp such teams but a lot of the time they don't start putting forth the proper effort until the third. Last Saturday was good, and I hope they continue to do those little things that are necessary.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
              The Gophers all too often forget that talent isn't enough against a well-coached defensive team. They have the ability to curb-stomp such teams but a lot of the time they don't start putting forth the proper effort until the third. Last Saturday was good, and I hope they continue to do those little things that are necessary.
              I agree, the Gophers seem to turn it on when they want to, when behind or tied late in a game and play hard, would be nice to see that 80% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by goofy gopher View Post
                Wow, page three. Gophers got a nice commit tonight from STA's Tommy Novak. Keep em coming!
                Nice! Welcome Tommy Novak

He was one of the best at the state tourney, we won't hold the whole playing for St. Thomas Academy against him.

Comment

Originally posted by Numbers View Post
                  The only 2 ways the Gophers would face a WCHA team in Round 1 would be :
                  1) All 4 #4 seeds are WCHA, or
                  2) NoDak also gets a #1 (highly unlikely because of the strength of Miami and QU), and there are 3 WCHA teams who are #4s. Otherwise, the committee will avoid that matchup.

That is what I was thinking was their policy, but I didn't know for sure. That's a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Back2BackU-MnPride2002 View Post
                    That is what I was thinking was their policy, but I didn't know for sure. That's a good thing.
                    You can be sure though that they will be in a bracket to meet another WCHA team in the regional final if both teams win. NCAA wants to be sure to avoid another all WCHA frozen 4

Comment

*****https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BFbcxNBCUAAe5Es.jpg:large******

I'm sure Jan will feel cheated somehow.

Comment

• Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                        *****https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BFbcxNBCUAAe5Es.jpg:large******

I'm sure Jan will feel cheated somehow.
                        Full disclosure:

It was carved by Bob Motzko.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                          You can be sure though that they will be in a bracket to meet another WCHA team in the regional final if both teams win. NCAA wants to be sure to avoid another all WCHA frozen 4

The changes the NCAA has made to prevent that from ever happening again has SUCKED for the WCHA, but is probably the best thing for college hockey in general.

But the WCHA is going to get the last laugh now, maybe?! With WCHA teams being spread out among 3 different conferences, how are they going to keep us from all dominated the tourney now?! Whoo-Rahh!!

Comment

The changes the NCAA has made to prevent that from ever happening again has SUCKED for the WCHA, but is probably the best thing for college hockey in general.

But the WCHA is going to get the last laugh now, maybe?! With WCHA teams being spread out among 3 different conferences, how are they going to keep us from all dominated the tourney now?! Whoo-Rahh!!
                            Well maybe they assume SCSU won't win more than one at most, so that takes out one bracket for the WCHA.

Are the women on tv today? And when are the Women's frozen four times and does anyone know if it is on tv? Might be worth watching.

Comment

It will be interesting though if Bucky gets in the NCAA tourney, that would be 6 WCHA teams if everything falls in place. Good chance to get a couple of them at the Frozen Four.
                              Originally posted by CavalryNate
                              Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                                It will be interesting though if Bucky gets in the NCAA tourney, that would be 6 WCHA teams if everything falls in place. Good chance to get a couple of them at the Frozen Four.
                                An all WCHA Frozen 4 works for me
                                - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
                                Go you Green and White
                                Go Bemidji Beavers
                                Fight with all your might!
                                Rah! Rah! Rah!
                                We are here to cheer you
                                We are out to win your fame,
                                So, Go Bemidji Beavers
                                Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

Working...
                                X