Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Gophers 2012-2013 Part II: Mmmm, Iron City Beer!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Gophers 2012-2013 Part II: Mmmm, Iron City Beer!

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    From Lucia's recent comments I do get the distinct impression that he realizes the importance of continuing the UM/UND rivalry. Given the fact that maximizing revenue was the No. 1 driver behind the decision(s) to realign the conferences, it becomes hard to fathom these two schools not taking advantage of the garanteed sellouts and high TV ratings that a continuation of the rivalry would bring to each school. It's almost a given that with athletic departments looking for ways to bring in added revenue in the future, the continuation of this series will be a priority in the future.
    I am fine with taking some years off the UND series. We'll have plenty of rivalries. And I'd rather see a DU, etc sprinkled in there.

I bet revenue is the top reason that he is continuing the series with UND.
    Go Gophers!

Comment

Anyone know of anywhere that I could get a single seat or SRO ticket for Saturday's game under the absurd asking price of stubhub? What are my chances of getting a ticket from a scalper at the game at a reasonable price?

Comment

Originally posted by GopherFan89 View Post
        Anyone know of anywhere that I could get a single seat or SRO ticket for Saturday's game under the absurd asking price of stubhub? What are my chances of getting a ticket from a scalper at the game at a reasonable price?
        No and none.

Comment

You're probably looking at $75 outside the arena until the end of the first.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
            Almost nailed it. Figured the X tourney wouldn't pan out.
            http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/186910651.html
            According to UMD writer Kevin Pates, MN Cup is indeed going to happen and the matchups for the inagural tourney have even been set.

LINK

NEUTRAL: Minnesota Cup, Jan. 24-25, expected first-round pairings, UMD vs. Minnesota State-Mankato, and Minnesota vs. St. Cloud State.
            @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
            On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
            High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
              Almost nailed it. Figured the X tourney wouldn't pan out.
              http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/186910651.html
              Guess I don't need to ask tDon on Monday about how the non-conference schedule is going to line up, this article pretty much says it all. Shame that tournament didn't work out. I'd have definitely showed up for all four games, and that would have left another 4 games available for the Whioux, ND, a couple East Coast teams, or the like every year.

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              I want to play NoDak one series per year. I despise this abortion of an idea that playing during the week is acceptable. The person who thought this was a good idea should be dragged into the street, shot, burned, and buried in an unmarked grave.
              Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              This. So much this. We're not the east coast where 283095362 schools are within 10 miles of each other. Plus, tradition.
              Can I help if we track that person down?

Originally posted by GopherFan89 View Post
              I've given a little thought to selling my Friday ticket, but it would need to be at an absurd price to get me to not go to the game, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                According to UMD writer Kevin Pates, MN Cup is indeed going to happen and the matchups for the inagural tourney have even been set.

LINK
                Interesting. This question is back on my list to ask tDon on Monday...

Comment

LINK
                  So does that mean the Gophers will have a series @BSU then since they are the odd team out the first year?
                  "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                    So does that mean the Gophers will have a series @BSU then since they are the odd team out the first year?
                    That's the way I understood it will work.

Comment

I like that. BSU is a roadtrip my group has wanted to make but haven't been able to make it work. With Houghton earlier this year, the SCSU/Kato away games, and Madison/Chicago later this year, I don't think we will be able to make the Bemidji trip this year. Hopefully this is true and the Gophers play up there again even is it isn't the WCHA.
                      "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

So what I expected to be 6H and 2A vs. MN teams is now:
                        2@Xcel vs. SCSU & UMD/MNSU
                        2@BSU
                        ?
                        That leaves 4 games we don't know about.

Comment

I'm not sure I really get the whole mid-week game thing. First, your conference partners will all be 2 game sets, so weekends make sense. Most of your non-con are either 2 game sets, or the arrangement with BC/NE, which will likely be weekend sets as well.

If they play a mid-week game, it will likely be against another instate rival, since no-one wants to play a single in the middle of the week.

Now I didn't mind the mid-week game against ND, but in my 23 years of being a season ticket holder, the only other games held mid-week were exhibitions against national teams, Canadian college teams, or the National team. I don't see where this will really change that dramatically.

Comment

So has anyone commented on/seen the details for the new NHL CBA and if the rule has changed on how long a team owns a player's rights after drafting, or any other rule that could affect college hockey?

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                              So has anyone commented on/seen the details for the new NHL CBA and if the rule has changed on how long a team owns a player's rights after drafting, or any other rule that could affect college hockey?
                              Posted this in the last thread:

Originally posted by Arthur Staple (NYI beat writer)
                              As for the "Justin Schultz" CBA rule (four years from draft year to sign a contract), #NHL proposed extending that time, and PA rejected it.

Comment

So nothing changed? Any rookie salary change?

Comment

Working...
                                X