X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part III: There Will Be Math Involved

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Thanks FD-I did find it. I am not sure but it appears we played with 3 men and a goalie at 10 different times during that game for varying amounts of time. At times we were down 2 men with one waiting to start his time in the penalty box. In 50 years of RPI hockey I cannot ever recall that many double short handed opportunities in any one game.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I believe our great coach has got to prove something this weekend. He has the goalie, the underclassment "are the best" Prove you can coach. You need 2 wins. Get off you tube put on your big boy pants and win TWO

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
        I believe our great coach has got to prove something this weekend. He has the goalie, the underclassment "are the best" Prove you can coach. You need 2 wins. Get off you tube put on your big boy pants and win TWO
        Inspirational
        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Hey all you whiners on the thread, "Tryouts out in August". The arrogance from Mr. Stewart is amazing. He has alot to do with the diminishing product that is the ECAC. I want to thank one of our founding fathers, DrD for his vigilance on the "Kotrya effect"
          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

I want to formally extend an invite to Paul Stewart to debate me on the Wyland ECAC show next thursday. He can even have Schottsie moderate the debate.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
              I want to formally extend an invite to Paul Stewart to debate me on the Wyland ECAC show next thursday. He can even have Schottsie moderate the debate.
              I thought Schottsie didn't like you...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                I thought Schottsie didn't like you...
                Nobody from the league likes me because I dare challenge the status quo.

Comment

Hey all you whiners on the thread, "Tryouts out in August". The arrogance from Mr. Stewart is amazing. He has alot to do with the diminishing product that is the ECAC. I want to thank one of our founding fathers, DrD for his vigilance on the "Kotrya effect"
                  Thanks Aspy but i was just pointing out the obvious. Hockey is a very intricate game. Every call can turn out to mean the result of the game is altered. usually they even out. We get as many bad calls on the opponent as we get against ourselves. We get emotional and sometimes forget that. I want to believe that officials really do try to do the best job and call a consistent and fair game. But over a long enough period of time-seeing the officials over and over again-some things just become a bit too obvious. The stat sheet at the end of a game never tells the entire story. You really have to see agame either live or covered as well as possible on TV (and RPI TV does a superb job). Anyone who just looks at the final score sheet and says they can describe what happened in that game is deluding themselves. It is a 60 minute game and anycall made by an official, any missed call made by an official, and good or bad play by any player has effects far beyond just what happens at that moment. I would never judge any official by a one night appearance. Probably not even after seeing him work games a few times. But after a while you see a pattern-and when you find that other see that same pattern-something is not kosher. 50 years of followihng RPI hockey gives me a little different perspective than some others. All I ask of a crew of officials is be consistent, be fair, and try not to let a game get out of control while at the same time not becoming the focus of the game yourself. Just my 2¢

Comment

From 'For What It's Worth' By Buffalo Springfield

Paranoia strikes deep
                    Into your life it will creep

Maybe you only think that nobody from the league likes you?

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      From 'For What It's Worth' By Buffalo Springfield

Paranoia strikes deep
                      Into your life it will creep

Maybe you only think that nobody from the league likes you?
                      Just because I'm parnoid, doesn't mean everyone is not after me .

Comment

I think it was Kotyra who said the status quo isn't want it used to be and then called two minutes for delay of post.

Comment

"RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part IV there will be hockey.

Comment

Looking forward to a fun weekend, would like 4 points again but at this point you need to get any points you can. What is this Freakout thing you people are talking about? Isnt this just another game on the schedule the team has to play?
                            Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

• Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                              Whats the status quo? Are you nuts SA needs to win. This is getting old! You have to be his illegitimate stepchild

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                Was Threadgold the one who called the plethora of penalties in an RPI/Colgate game so that there were not enough non-penalized players to finish the game?
                                Yes, that was the game.

For those who don't remember it, the officials lost control pretty early and never got it back. Finally, late in the second period, there was a bench-clearing brawl. The teams were sent back to their locker rooms, the officials left the ice, and it was eventually announced that the game was over. All but three RPI players and one Colgate player were called for at least one penalty. Since the rules state that each team must have at least four players on the ice at all times and neither team had that many guys eligible to be on the ice for the next faceoff, the game was terminated. Colgate was leading at the time, 5-1, so that was the final score.

In truth, RPI played terribly that night and deserved to lose. It would really have been a travesty if one fewer RPI player had been penalized and the Engineers had won by forfeit by virtue of being able to put four guys on the ice when Colgate couldn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X