• Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part III: There Will Be Math Involved

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    It's also National Freedom Day.
    And Saturday is Groundhog Day.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Classic Appert interview. Notice the shot he takes about O'Grady injury. Power to the people.
      http://www.dailygazette.com/videos/2013/jan/31/1315/
      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        And Saturday is Groundhog Day.
        Does that mean if the referees see their shadow, then we get 6 more weeks of lousy officiating??

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
          Does that mean if the referees see their shadow, then we get 6 more weeks of lousy officiating??

On the other hand, you just put "referees" and "see" in the same sentence.
          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-31-2013, 01:57 PM.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

On the otehr ahnd, you just put "referees" and "see" in the same sentence.
            Perhaps if they underwent the surgery I just did, it would help?
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              Perhaps if they underwent the surgery I just did, it would help?
              I did have cataracts removed a while back, as I have mentioned, but thankfully not the rest. I think that problem is that my fingers aren't connected to my brain.

BTW, I am closing in on 142,857 posts.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It's also Wear Red Day. Seems a bit early.
                I won't get worried til the have Red Army night....(yes, I mean the Commies, not the students.)
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I did have cataracts removed a while back, as I have mentioned, but thankfully not the rest. I think that problem is that my fingers aren't connected to my brain.

BTW, I am closing in on 142,857 posts.
                  Am I the only other one that immediately saw the significance of that?

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                    I won't get worried til the have Red Army night....(yes, I mean the Commies, not the students.)
                    Thankfully I don't know that anthem.

I only know USA, Canada (English and French), UK, Slovakia, and the tunes for Germany and France.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                      more likely the officials would miss the shadow, then call interference on it anyways, right before the sun goes down.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        Am I the only other one that immediately saw the significance of that?
                        Hopefully not, but it could be the case if I make that post on tLodge!
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Hopefully not, but it could be the case if I make that post on tLodge!
                          I guess doing softball averages helps.

In case anyone doesn't know the significance of it, it's the repeating decimal numbers, in the order given (although where you start depends on the dividend), for the quotient of numbers not evenly divisible by 7.

Comment

Anyone want to start opining on where this team is going to end up? A 4 point weekend and my thoughts will turn to a bye. Zero and we fire Appert.

In all seriousness, I think our coach is finally showing some maturation. He is much more consistent in his tone. I think he finally realizes how to set realistic expectations, and the team is responding.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              I guess doing softball averages helps.

In case anyone doesn't know the significance of it, it's the repeating decimal numbers, in the order given (although where you start depends on the dividend), for the quotient of numbers not evenly divisible by 7.
                              An interesting way to describe it. To me it is just the repeating portion of 1/7, or 1/7 of a post before I reach 1,000,000/7.

It also proves that WS was correct in post 657.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                                Anyone want to start opining on where this team is going to end up? A 4 point weekend and my thoughts will turn to a bye. Zero and we fire Appert.

In all seriousness, I think our coach is finally showing some maturation. He is much more consistent in his tone. I think he finally realizes how to set realistic expectations, and the team is responding.
                                Not to mention, instead of trying to get the team to play his old system, he's re-building a system to accentuate the talent of the team. Obviously if you're recruiting the players there should be some expectation that you'll be able to put your system into place, but it doesn't always pan out, whether the players aren't able to do it, or more likely, the opposition you face defends well against it.

As to your first question, I just hope we win tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X