X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part III: There Will Be Math Involved

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    Thanks Ralph. I normally keep track of this number but have gotten quite confused lately as to what games in the past are not considered in the total of wins. I have come up with several different totals. I know we do not count exhibition wins now-but way back-we played teams and won games that would be considered exhibitions now but perhaps not back then. I too have us at 987 using the numbers that WaP posted before the season. Wouldn't it be special if we played exactly 17 more games this year? And won exactly 13 of them? That would of course make this a very successful year!!
    The usual thing is to count the ones that counted when they happened even if they wouldn't count now. That is what USCHO does and also what Kurt Stutt's site does. It would indeed be nice if we did win 13 of 17 in the remainder of this year.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      The usual thing is to count the ones that counted when they happened even if they wouldn't count now. That is what USCHO does and also what Kurt Stutt's site does. It would indeed be nice if we did win 13 of 17 in the remainder of this year.
      Actually, if we only lose three more in the regular season, and assuming that we get slot 5-12 (fairly likely at this point), we would have our 2000th game AND potentially 1000th win coincide with the ECAC championship. I know it wouldn't mean exactly 2000 games, but I'm sure we'd trade that at the point we get 1000 wins.

However, as important as the journey is the first step that begins the journey. Let's get a win on Friday to start us off right.

The loss also includes tie, and this also assumes we sweep one playoff series and take the other to three games.
      Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 01-28-2013, 10:24 AM.

Comment

You guys will not believe where I am sending this from=they actually have wifi in the recovery room where I have just undergone 2 hours of cataract and retina surgery. Hopefully this will allow me to type better when posting and not make so many mistakes. Should be home in a couple hours but will have the eye patched for 48 hours at least.

Need you mathematicians for this-is there any way that we get to finish our 2000th game this year without also getting to win our 1000th victory? I have no idea why I am having these crazy thoughts right now but the anesthesia has not worn off totally yet.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          That would be Higgs. I don't think that would have to be the case.
          I'm not really concerned about who the odd man out wouldve been. My point was Burger's line has been kicking tail...and absolutely deserved another start together. That's my opinion and I respect it absolutely and without discussion.
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

You guys will not believe where I am sending this from=they actually have wifi in the recovery room where I have just undergone 2 hours of cataract and retina surgery. Hopefully this will allow me to type better when posting and not make so many mistakes. Should be home in a couple hours but will have the eye patched for 48 hours at least.

Need you mathematicians for this-is there any way that we get to finish our 2000th game this year without also getting to win our 1000th victory? I have no idea why I am having these crazy thoughts right now but the anesthesia has not worn off totally yet.
            Plenty of ways. In order to get to the 2000th game, we must, at a minimum, get to Atlantic City. If the first round and quarterfinals both take three games, either the ECAC semifinal or a regional semifinal will do it. If we sweep both playoff series, the only way to get the 2000th game is to make the national tournament. Obviously, because we need 13 out of 17 to get to 1000 wins in 2000 games, pick five games from then until now that we'd be able to lose. Heck, you could pick the next five regular season games, and there you go.

Comment

Having good thoughts for you and your recovery from the procedure Doc. I'm pretty sure the Doc 's wont want you staring at a computer screen !
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Still Crazy in section 17 View Post
                You made the right call Ralph!

Random comments from an olde time poster and recent lurker (I have my reasons):
                1) Bailen's penalty was a joke if taken at face value. Was the call a somewhat misguided attempt by Kotyra to make up for the hit on Grosneck? Regardless, Kotrya has been BRUTAL to RPI over the years...and that's being kind to him more than we should be. RPI deserved a better fate from the game they played and how if was officiated.
                2) Terrific hockey game. Well played with great action, skilled play, and a lively crowd. I've read the few season ticket holders' comments on being forced to buy this game but it was well worth the price in my opinion. This atmosphere was outstanding and I hope each school continues this event this time of year, not in October like in previous attempts. Hopefully, the game will be able to 'sell itself' and not force this game as part of the season ticket package. Maybe this year's success will allow it to gain some corporate sponsorships to underwrite its cost.
                3) Luke Curadi is now my hero. Luke, on the way back to the locker room after warmups, took the time to hand a puck to a really young RPI fan. Not just flipping it to the child but making sincere eye contact and all. Afterwards, the parents of the child were simply awestruck at Luke's gesture and I believe #5 is now their favorite player too! I know when my son was awestruck by the players in his younger years and as a parent I can relate what joy it brings. Major props, Luke.

Still Crazy in Section 17....Larry
                as for your point, 1).......when that happened I turned to a friend seated next to me & almost simultaneously we both said, "that's going to be the make-up call"....and being familiar with Kotyra's work we both knew it was going to come with the game in the balance. When you sit through this crap year after year.....ya just know....ya know.
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                  Having good thoughts for you and your recovery from the procedure Doc. I'm pretty sure the Doc 's wont want you staring at a computer screen !
                  I believe he said that it was patched. Plus, he can now see more than us two-eyed people. He can see our two eyes, while can only see his one.

Comment

change your name to Capt. Jack Sparrow & have some fun the next 48 hrs Doc. Seriously.... hope all turns out well for you.
                    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Crazy in section 17 View Post
                      ...3) Luke Curadi is now my hero. Luke, on the way back to the locker room after warmups, took the time to hand a puck to a really young RPI fan. Not just flipping it to the child but making sincere eye contact and all. Afterwards, the parents of the child were simply awestruck at Luke's gesture and I believe #5 is now their favorite player too! I know when my son was awestruck by the players in his younger years and as a parent I can relate what joy it brings. Major props, Luke.

Still Crazy in Section 17....Larry
                      Larry -- Yer spot on with this one. From where I sit, BRO's development on the ice has been growing by leaps and bounds. Off the ice, I am happy but not surprised to hear your tale. Having the great pleasure of knowing BRO's parents, I can tell you the kid was raised right, if 'ya know what I mean.

Comment

They took the laptop away from me when they found it. But Jenny just brought it back. Thanks for the thoughts-I wont know if this is successful for a bout 1-2 weeks. If it was just a cataract we would have a better idea faster.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                          change your name to Capt. Jack Sparrow & have some fun the next 48 hrs Doc. Seriously.... hope all turns out well for you.
                          I asked for a black patch-but they had to use a white one and fit it under a bigger plastic bubble protector. Going home shortly where i will have great nursing care.

Comment

Larry -- Yer spot on with this one. From where I sit, BRO's development on the ice has been growing by leaps and bounds. Off the ice, I am happy but not surprised to hear your tale. Having the great pleasure of knowing BRO's parents, I can tell you the kid was raised right, if 'ya know what I mean.
                            Agree totally. He is improving rapidly and I hope this continues (but not enough for anyone to take him away from us too soon). Saying this right now-he gets my vote for Captain in his senior year.

Comment

I asked for a black patch-but they had to use a white one and fit it under a bigger plastic bubble protector. Going home shortly where i will have great nursing care.

You should tell Jenny that the younger doctors who did the procedure said that you need a sponge bath.
                              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                                You should tell Jenny that the younger doctors who did the procedure said that you need a sponge bath.
                                I was prepared to ask for a bit more than that tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X