X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part III: There Will Be Math Involved

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    We are not the same team with Burger out of the lineup. He's earned his role on that energy line ...he has been outstanding and was missed last night, IMO.
    Whom would you have sat instead?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Apologies --I'm sure you guys touched on this, either here, or in the score thread.... I thought Seth's time out following the blown icing call was really bad. Our coaches said virtually nothing to our guys during the T.O, while Seth failed at attempting to make a point by staring daggers at Kotyra. All it accomplished was to allow Union to set up their offense and a play for the tying goal... which they got. I'm sure Seth would like a do over on that one.

Thankfully, there's another game coming up --one that is a heck of a lot more important than the last one. Short memories are in order, and with that, I'm thru talking about last night. GO RED.
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Whom would you have sat instead?
        The guy who replaced him.
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
          Absoltutely agree with this and other similar comments here. Any self-respecting refs does not want to make a call that will impact the outcome of a game, which is exactly what Kotyra did. A minute plus left in a tie game and they whistle us for standing a guy up with the puck at his feet. I'm a big boy, I can handle losing, but sure as sh ** can't accept having a game taken away from our guys. I left with a sense of complete disgust. Union is a skilled team, they don't need the zebras help to win games. All I can hope is that our guys can use this as catalyst to come out and inflict some damage on Harvard this Friday night.
          +1. As always, spot on.

Comment

I wanted to ask this question of the RPI TV folks, but I can't find any contact information on their website, so I'll ask it here.

Yesterday afternoon, RPI TV produced a webcast of the men's basketball game. I was connected to the basketball program when I was in school, so I watched it.

It was a good quality production, with the exception that, during the entire game, there was a little box right in the middle of the screen with the word "Buffering" and a little blue light winking across the box from left to right. I could generally ignore it, except when the camera angle was such that the Buffering box obscured the basket when a shot was on its way.

I've tuned in to a number of RPI TV's hockey webcasts and don't recall ever having this problem before. Does anyone know how to correct this problem, if it happens again?

Comment

That would be Higgs. I don't think that would have to be the case.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                I wanted to ask this question of the RPI TV folks, but I can't find any contact information on their website, so I'll ask it here.

Yesterday afternoon, RPI TV produced a webcast of the men's basketball game. I was connected to the basketball program when I was in school, so I watched it.

It was a good quality production, with the exception that, during the entire game, there was a little box right in the middle of the screen with the word "Buffering" and a little blue light winking across the box from left to right. I could generally ignore it, except when the camera angle was such that the Buffering box obscured the basket when a shot was on its way.

I've tuned in to a number of RPI TV's hockey webcasts and don't recall ever having this problem before. Does anyone know how to correct this problem, if it happens again?
                Did you try disconnecting and connecting again?
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Higgs? Maybe not too bad of an idea. But hey, if Coach felt that Higgs gave us the best chance to win over Burgie, then I'll respect his decision absolutely and without discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    Higgs? Maybe not too bad of an idea. But hey, if Coach felt that Higgs gave us the best chance to win over Burgie, then I'll respect his decision absolutely and without discussion.
                    Yes, we definitely had more healthy talented players yesterday than could dress, and SA had to make at least that one decision.
                    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-27-2013, 04:18 PM.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

BTW, not to bring up the atrocity again, but did I hear the band play "Forget You" after the phantom interference?

Comment

Yes, we definitely had more healthy talented players yesterday than could dress, and SA had to make at least that one decision.
                        That is the situation we prefer. I would like for the remainder of the season that we have so many healthy players that SA has to make these decisions game by game. That is far better than trying to find replacements for injuries any time. In the past 7 games, we may have had one rather bad game(or at least second half of a game-at UNH). The remainder of the time we have played our best hockey of the season. Hopefully the calls even out later and we don't have anything to gripe about from here on as the games become more important each weekend.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                          That is the situation we prefer. I would like for the remainder of the season that we have so many healthy players that SA has to make these decisions game by game. That is far better than trying to find replacements for injuries any time. In the past 7 games, we may have had one rather bad game(or at least second half of a game-at UNH). The remainder of the time we have played our best hockey of the season. Hopefully the calls even out later and we don't have anything to gripe about from here on as the games become more important each weekend.
                          I think that SA has said that he prefers this also.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            BTW, not to bring up the atrocity again, but did I hear the band play "Forget You" after the phantom interference?
                            You heard the Union band play that. Twice.
                            RPI Pep Band
                            GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                            2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                            2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                              You heard the Union band play that. Twice.
                              I thought that Union didn't have a band.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I thought that Union didn't have a band.
                                They started a band in the last couple years. They have a very limited selection of music because they haven't been around very long.

Comment

Working...
                                X