This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part III: There Will Be Math Involved

So. We controlled the game for long periods of time. We tied it up with time winding down in the third. We did our ****edest to get it back after getting ****ed over. It didn't work. That's the closest we've come to winning in a while against them. The best I can take from that is that it doesn't count for the ECAC, and our band was better than theirs.
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Am I missing something? Should I be donating money to the refs of the ECAC somewhere that other teams fans are doing? Come on guy interference? Seriously? What a ****ing joke call. I really wish I knew what we need to do to get some far officiating in this league. ****ing unbelievable is all I have to say. These refs should not even be doing midget league games. Where the **** do I sign up to get a job making about $100 a game to skate around and call bull**** penalties? This league is becoming a disgrace thanks to these refs? Look at last nights Yale/Cornell game as well. No way should a guy get away with putting his stick in another players nuts and only get 2 mins in the box. Stewart and company should be ashamed of themselves for putting these men on the ice every weekend.

Comment

Appert's opinion on the interference call: "No comment."

Watch the rest of the interview here.
        RPI Pep Band
        GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
        🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
        2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
        2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by Stay@homeDad View Post
          Am I missing something? Should I be donating money to the refs of the ECAC somewhere that other teams fans are doing?
          I am missing that too.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

For whatever reasons-we have had a difficult time with certain officials on the ice. Going back almost 50 years there almost always seems to be one or two who stand out as problems. There is no question in my mind that Kotyra is one of them. Bias? I would never know but there he makes some odd calls against us and it just seems they are at special and crucial times. He calls an early penalty on us almost all the time and last night he did that. He calls a late penalty on us that can at times change the result of a game, and last night he did. On paper the numbers may even out-it is not just how many penalties called but it is also under what circumstances. I saw him and Dumas do it at Princeton this year. I did not see this game and I certainly do not know whether that late penalty was well deserved of if it was consistent with how the rest of the game was called. I do not like to see us lose-but I detest it more when we have played very well and had the game taken away by an official's call. I would be saying exactly the same thing if the other official made the call. It has to be somewhat disheartening for our boys but hopefully they can take solace in the fact that they deserved a better fate.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
              Appert's opinion on the interference call: "No comment."

Watch the rest of the interview here.
              You can almost see the steam coming off coach Appert-when he answered that question.

Comment

DrD's right about the steam coming off the coach's head... I hope they're pretty angry about the outcome and this upcoming weekend is a good way to work off some of that energy.
                Here we come!

Comment

Originally posted by fr joe View Post
                  DrD's right about the steam coming off the coach's head... I hope they're pretty angry about the outcome and this upcoming weekend is a good way to work off some of that energy.
                  The temperature in the room probably went up a few degrees.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Not surprisingly, Kotyra Screwjob DCXXIV put us well out of TUC contention, down to .4944. Not like we were going to make the tournament without an autobid, anyway.

Comment

Also to add, with everyone catching up for GP, we are now in 11th in the ECAC. We're one point behind a tie for eighth, but only one team where we have a game in hand.

Comment

Ed Weaver's article about the game http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          Not surprisingly, Kotyra Screwjob DCXXIV put us well out of TUC contention, down to .4944. Not like we were going to make the tournament without an autobid, anyway.
                          We have had him as a ref 624 times?
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Because of my son's high school hockey game, I missed the 1st period, but heard that Groesnick kept Union in the game. Thought it was a very good game and fantastic to see the stands packed like that. Great for hockey and both teams. The goal by McGowan was superb - just hard work and hustle and paid off. Great to see that we outshot them basically by 2-1. Also thought the interference call was horrible as the player still basically had the puck. To their credit, Union took advantage and scored on another hard work play. Thought we were going to tie it up with 10 seconds left. End of the day we still only scored 2. I think it's Dr D and I have been posting for 2 years + that we need 3-4 a game or more to it us in any position to win. We cannot expect to win 2 goal games. We get these calls against us at the most perfectly I opportune times, and they impact the outcome because they can. I'm not being negative here - if we had 1 more or even better 2, this call doesn't matter and we still control our destiny. We do have the players to score. Let's focus on that and to otherwise keep playing like we have and we can take anyone out, and this game and many others aren't even close.

Comment

Originally posted by Senna View Post
                              Because of my son's high school hockey game, I missed the 1st period, but heard that Groesnick kept Union in the game. Thought it was a very good game and fantastic to see the stands packed like that. Great for hockey and both teams. The goal by McGowan was superb - just hard work and hustle and paid off. Great to see that we outshot them basically by 2-1. Also thought the interference call was horrible as the player still basically had the puck. To their credit, Union took advantage and scored on another hard work play. Thought we were going to tie it up with 10 seconds left. End of the day we still only scored 2. I think it's Dr D and I have been posting for 2 years + that we need 3-4 a game or more to it us in any position to win. We cannot expect to win 2 goal games. We get these calls against us at the most perfectly I opportune times, and they impact the outcome because they can. I'm not being negative here - if we had 1 more or even better 2, this call doesn't matter and we still control our destiny. We do have the players to score. Let's focus on that and to otherwise keep playing like we have and we can take anyone out, and this game and many others aren't even close.
                              Totally agree of course. I am very proud of this group of boys. We have an incredible bunch right now and they deserve to be winners. Just very difficult to take when week in and week out we get calls that go against us (or non calls as the case may be). In the past we have some teams that could overcome one or two bad situations brought upon us per game simply because we could score at will(in the 80's and 90's). And the game back then was a more high scoring game. In today's game you just cannot afford to have anything go against you since almost every game is a one goal game. I take nothing away from Union-for the past several years including this year , they have been a top notch team. But last night, at worst we played them even (and the game should have gone to an OT) or perhaps even had the better of the play. Hopefully we just put this behind us all-and show the league over the next 10 games that we are not going to allow one bad call per game to stop us. I fully expect to see this team in AC this year-and if so-who knows if that will be the end of the season or we find a way to go on further. Go Red!!

Comment

I really should have gone to Berlin this weekend instead of sticking around and listening to the game.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X