X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part III: There Will Be Math Involved

Originally posted by johnk View Post
    Wins by Ferris St over ND and Minn St over Minn have made RPI a TUC as of this moment.
    And one comparison we have; it's over Ohio State. We must win (or even tie) tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
      Thought that it was only RPI that got screwed by the officials against Cornell. But I watched last nights game and found that Yale had to beat Cornell and the officials to come away with a win.
      Does the whole league have to put up with this garbage in Ithica?
      What I learned watching this game is that I hate Cornell hockey more than any other program out there. They are nothing but a bunch of bullies.
      Reminded me of the Flyers of the 70s. Too bad, they seem to have some talent, but it is hard to see through the BS.
      I see your point. Yale was just so fast last night and in control much of the game but had to scramble to earn this win. After seeing Yale last night i had to go back and check to see that we really beat them and that it was not just one of my senior moments. The officials were quite bad last night as you mentioned but Cornell does not really remind me of the Flyers back in the 70's. The Flyers really weren't chippy and did not hold and interfere as much. They were just plain nasty and intimidated anyone they played. They dared you to stand up to them. Fred Shero had them well schooled in the style he wanted them to play-and he had them take the shortest route to the puck and arrive in ill humor which is something I admired. And hidden within all that rough stuff they had a considerable amount of truly talented players.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        I see your point. Yale was just so fast last night and in control much of the game but had to scramble to earn this win. After seeing Yale last night i had to go back and check to see that we really beat them and that it was not just one of my senior moments. The officials were quite bad last night as you mentioned but Cornell does not really remind me of the Flyers back in the 70's. The Flyers really weren't chippy and did not hold and interfere as much. They were just plain nasty and intimidated anyone they played. They dared you to stand up to them. Fred Shero had them well schooled in the style he wanted them to play-and he had them take the shortest route to the puck and arrive in ill humor which is something I admired. And hidden within all that rough stuff they had a considerable amount of truly talented players.
        My reference to the Flyers was aimed at the nonsense after every whistle. Cornell tried to intimidate Yale at every opportunity and if Yale retaliated...
        I believe that if fighting was allowed in college hockey, you would see Cornell at the top of the list.
        I just don't like them.
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

My reference to the Flyers was aimed at the nonsense after every whistle. Cornell tried to intimidate Yale at every opportunity and if Yale retaliated...
          I believe that if fighting was allowed in college hockey, you would see Cornell at the top of the list.
          I just don't like them.
          Now that i can agree with fully-although after watching many of our games this year-i think we would be up there on the list with the intimidators. We have a bunch of tough boys out there and i do not see them backing off very often.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            We must win (or even tie) every night.
            fyp
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
              fyp
              One game at a time.

Comment

Thought that it was only RPI that got screwed by the officials against Cornell. But I watched last nights game and found that Yale had to beat Cornell and the officials to come away with a win.
                Does the whole league have to put up with this garbage in Ithica?
                What I learned watching this game is that I hate Cornell hockey more than any other program out there. They are nothing but a bunch of bullies.
                Reminded me of the Flyers of the 70s. Too bad, they seem to have some talent, but it is hard to see through the BS.
                I couldnt believe that Cornell was only assesed a 2 minute penalty for the spear in between the legs of the Yale player at the faceoff. What a joke that was.

Comment

One game at a time.
                  Which is eventually every game. You're talking about the NCAA tournament. It doesn't start on Monday or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
                    I couldnt believe that Cornell was only assesed a 2 minute penalty for the spear in between the legs of the Yale player at the faceoff. What a joke that was.
                    Two words: Fat Mike. Stewart is scared of him.

Comment

They did seem to get away with quite a lot last night. If this is happening often these days-I must say it is a change from the old days. We used to drive up to Ithaca several times a year to see games and back then (15+ years ago) they were not getting any help from the officials.

Another side note-during the broadcast they asked Mike Keenan (coach of 8 NHL teams and former SLU Saint player) about playing at Lynah. He recanted a story of the old days against a Harkness coached team when the visitor's locker room was sweltering, there was no rubber mats down to get to the bench or at the bench to stop blades from getting dull, and a light was out over the visiting goaltender(which mysteriously came on when Ken Dryden switched ends to defend that goal). I remember a similar description of waht Ned did while at RPI to 'help' win some games and have no doubts that story was true.

Comment

Schafer is very intimidating.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I don't think Ed Weaver's article was posted yet http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory. There is a picture of Aooert [sic] and Bennett skating, also a couple of videos.
                          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-26-2013, 01:17 PM.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

ECAC Hockey's website for video has a tie from 1998 vs. Brown; and for anyone who hasn't heard the third goal horn, it was still in action at this time. http://www.ecachockey.com/men/video/index

Comment

ECAC Hockey's website for video has a tie from 1998 vs. Brown; and for anyone who hasn't heard the third goal horn, it was still in action at this time. http://www.ecachockey.com/men/video/index
                              We were very horny back then.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It's not often I look for moral victories, but that was the best we've played Union in two years. Can't complain too much when we almost doubled them in shots and lost on a very questionable penalty call. First game Kasdorf has given up three and Haggerty becomes first RPI player with double digit goals since '10-'11 season.

Comment

Working...
                                X